Those who disliked TLJ, are you still buying toys from it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I didn't hate it or love it, I'm stuck somewhere in the middle at around a 5 or a 6 out of 10 rating.

That being said, I just realized that other than the actual movie tickets, I've not bought any merchandise from this movie. Everything from Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles to music, video games, books and other toys. I've bought something from Episodes I-VII and even Rogue One with the excellent Hot Toys Darth Vader.

And I really don't think I'll buy anything from this movie. And that just shocks the hell out of me.

Same here. First time I have never owned something from a Star Wars movie. I don't intend on doing either, certainly not a Hot Toy and even though I intended on buying all the new 3.75 Hasbro vintage collection I would be horrified to see this movie represented in that nostalgic line.

There's no way I'm selling my Hot Toys and Black Series The Force Awakens figures.

For a start you will lose out money wise by selling them (that's if you ever manage to sell them at all)

I don't really like these Disney sequels and am just going to make my own sequel to Return of the Jedi using my The Force Awakens toys.

The designs of the stormtroopers, flametrooper, snowtrooper, tie fighter pilot, Captain Phasma and Kylo Ren are still cool despite TFA and TLJ being garbage. I have no issues displaying them on my shelf still.

So Han doesn't die and Rey is Luke's daughter in my made up sequel. Kylo is still the same .ie. Han and Leia's son but Han and Leia don't split up.

Luke is also the poweful Jedi he is meant to be and not some depressed bum hobo on a remote island. :slap

TLJ didn't do it for me. There are things I love, things I don't. Unfortunately, there's not enough that I like to warrant buying anything from it. I'm good without.

TLJ rates a 70% from me.. could have done with tighter editing and NO Force space walk, that really. did. not. work.
As for figures, it's Star Wars!..Droids and troopers, droids and troopers.. but kinda tempted by a Hermit Luke.. Mark Hamill morphing into craggy Oliver Reed mode, what's not to like?

I was just now looking over the threads listed on the first page of this forum section, saw this one, then went back over the whole list to see how many threads about TLJ figures were among those 25 topics. Zero. A lot of OT threads, a bunch of Rogue One threads, and even a couple of Prequel figure threads. No TLJ to be found on the first page (except for this one), only a little more than a month after its release. Obviously, you can't draw much of a conclusion from this (maybe lots of factors for it), but I do find it at least interesting where the attention of SW fans/collectors is at the moment, and what that might say about each of the movies.

Obviously, you can draw much of a conclusion ....

Fixed that for you.

Joking aside, I do imagine some will still buy Luke and Kylo from TLJ and those will be floaters as we get closer to delivery. Doesn't seem like there's much interest in anything else though. Most are rehash. This movie truly lacked any exciting or innovative design elements that might have stood on their own.

Yeah I can't deny that out of every SW movie so far, this one seems to have the least in terms of cool looking new characters and costumes. It didn't stop me from still loving the movie, but it does mean there's very little besides Luke and Leia that I have any desire to collect from it.

The red guards were great in their big scene, and Finn did look pretty cool in his First Order uniform, but neither are even close to being must haves.

I, for one, want a purple milk cow. STAT! :wink1:
I'd like to put it along side my Bor gullet!

It was the first time a star wars movie left me empty from the inside.

For me, it fails as a star wars movie. The prequels, with all of their problems, at least had the star wars magic. Tla just takes a huge dump on everything that came before it.

For instance, It's hard to become a jedi. Not for Rey. Rey does not need training. Rey beats jedi master Luke Skywalker. Rey is the CHUCK NORRIS of star wars!!

I could go on forever with the plotholes, weak side stories, total disregard of Tfa etc etc. But in short, the figures will not reach my house. I'm so disappointed that i want to sell my tfa figures. But since the prices dropped so hard i'll just hold on to them.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn E6853 met Tapatalk

For me, it fails as a star wars movie. The prequels, with all of their problems, at least had the star wars magic. Tla just takes a huge dump on everything that came before it.

For instance, It's hard to become a jedi. Not for Rey. Rey does not need training. Rey beats jedi master Luke Skywalker. Rey is the CHUCK NORRIS of star wars!!

I could go on forever with the plotholes, weak side stories, total disregard of Tfa etc etc. But in short, the figures will not reach my house. I'm so disappointed that i want to sell my tfa figures. But since the prices dropped so hard i'll just hold on to them.

I feel the same but agree that I would not get anything like the outlay for them. They have been shifted to the bottom corners of my collection instead.

I enjoyed the movie, but I can not find any iconic design in it. Rey is Rey, very similar outfit. Kylo's mask is cool but he smashed it. Moreover, his suit is not as cool as in TFA. By the way, I did not like Rey and Kylo headsculpts. Red guards are good but they need somebody with them on the shelf. And there isn't any bounty hunter like character. The only possible match for me is (if they make) Luke in Force image and Kylo Ren. And those crystal animals would be a cool accessory, I loved them.

It was the first SW movie that bored me...granted there were some nice 'video game' action scenes...but as far as character development/progression(zero)...it was just one long boring forgettable film..

It was the first SW movie that bored me...granted there were some nice 'video game' action scenes...but as far as character development/progression(zero)...it was just one long boring forgettable film..
I agree. It had a lot of 'cool' scenes, but it just didn't work on so many levels. Now the're giving this guy his own trilogy. I hope he'll soon go looper on himself. Sure George Lucas sold out the force with midiclorians, but Disney and the new Lucasfilm sold out on star wars itself. Due to ryan Johnson 'story' there are no loose ends. It's like a few rebels against the first order. No reason to watch episode 9. No open questions. Rey is not likable and the rest is underdeveloped.

I wasn't looking forward to solo, because it is a useless idea to begin with, but as of now, i'm hoping it will bring back some of the magic.

if I liked the star wars film I would at least see it twice or three times. but this one once was enough probable wont buy it on bluray or dvd.

Personally I'm glad I didn't stop at just the first disappointing viewing, because I enjoyed it a whole lot more the second time, and was surprised how much better the story seemed to flow.

Somehow I get the impression the majority of fans hating the movie have only seen it the one time, and are basing all their criticisms on just that first impression, which seems like a shame.

Definitely a no from me. I do have the TfA Rey, and I’m just going to keep it at that. Nothing from TLJ. And not just because of the movie itself, but because I find all the characters aesthetically boring as well.

Honestly it seemed like the mismatch Abrams was for Star Trek to me, where he was better suited for Star Wars (whatever one might think of the film, it’s better than his Trek movies). In contrast I feel Johnson would have been better at Trek. He doesn’t seem to understand what makes a good Star Wars movie.

I wonder if Rian will still get his own trilogy after all the backlash? I’d rather someone who gets the world get a chance.

Back