Those who disliked TLJ, are you still buying toys from it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still feel very mixed about the movie so I'm on the fence about getting the Last Jedi figures.

I did enjoy the throne room battle scene so it'd be nice to get Rey, Kylo and some of the guards.

Only Rey, since I like the sculpt more than the TFA one, but nothing else. This movie reminded me of those horse-$&#t prequels. I’m done with these new movies.

I still feel very mixed about the movie so I'm on the fence about getting the Last Jedi figures.

I did enjoy the throne room battle scene so it'd be nice to get Rey, Kylo and some of the guards.

That'd make for a cool display. Definitely one of the few stronger points in the film. Rey and Kylo and two guards, one for each.

That'd make for a cool display. Definitely one of the few stronger points in the film. Rey and Kylo and two guards, one for each.
I know it's a problem in the prequels too, but why did they fight the guards and not use force powers? They probably said and I just missed it. It was a bigger problem when jedis fought droids in the prequels, sometimes they pushed them over, but often they just hacked and slashed them.

I left the cinema fuming :mad:.

Apart from selective HT figures, I am not getting anything else.

I know it's a problem in the prequels too, but why did they fight the guards and not use force powers? They probably said and I just missed it. It was a bigger problem when jedis fought droids in the prequels, sometimes they pushed them over, but often they just hacked and slashed them.

Because Force pushing droids repeatedly would have been boring for the audience. Lightsabers and flashy moves are what people remember.

They Live Kathleen Kennedy Consume.jpg

Personally I prefer Force powers to require a degree of concentration. It prevents it from being used as a superpower in the middle of battle.

Personally I prefer Force powers to require a degree of concentration. It prevents it from being used as a superpower in the middle of battle.

I agree, it just seems weird when I see it in one part, not another. Even master yoda chooses lightsaber when fighting clones usually.

Its partly why I would've preferred the clones in the clone wars to be cloned siths, but that posed other problems. Instead they are cloned after a bounty hunter.....who tried to assassinate a senator.....but I guess the jedis get over that by the end of AOTC?

Yeah, as soon as it becomes too easy or too powerful it becomes a bit less interesting. I thought the PT made it clear it was a mistake to show the force in cartoony ways. For the most part it seemed restrained in TFA but TLJ started to swing back the other way unfortunately.

Instead they are cloned after a bounty hunter.....who tried to assassinate a senator.....but I guess the jedis get over that by the end of AOTC?

I think at that point, with the amount of resources that went into creating an entire clone army, they probably just decided to take it for what it was. I get the point you're making, but what would abandoning an entire clone army that some other entity could take on really accomplish? I think keeping the clones given the situation in the galaxy was probably the smarter play.

I know it's a problem in the prequels too, but why did they fight the guards and not use force powers? They probably said and I just missed it. It was a bigger problem when jedis fought droids in the prequels, sometimes they pushed them over, but often they just hacked and salashed them.

The prequels started the mistake of enhancing force powers a bit too much. I always thought the Jedi were only a Bit faster a bit stronger etc not the flash. And the sequels have only expanded that

I think at that point, with the amount of resources that went into creating an entire clone army, they probably just decided to take it for what it was. I get the point you're making, but what would abandoning an entire clone army that some other entity could take on really accomplish? I think keeping the clones given the situation in the galaxy was probably the smarter play.

Surely that would be part of the plan itself. By accepting the army without questioning it they made themselves vulnerable

I thought the throne fight scene was alright. I think what really threw me off about the whole scene was the delay once Snoke hit the floor. It seemed like they just stood there and didn't know what to do. I was sitting in the theater going...you're only job is to protect the guy...even though he seemed like he could take care of himself just fine...other than the very anti-climatic death of Snoke by the very tricky Kylo.

I thought the throne fight scene was alright. I think what really threw me off about the whole scene was the delay once Snoke hit the floor. It seemed like they just stood there and didn't know what to do. I was sitting in the theater going...you're only job is to protect the guy...even though he seemed like he could take care of himself just fine...other than the very anti-climatic death of Snoke by the very tricky Kylo.

I liked that scene but feel like the movie might have ended in a much more interesting way if Rey had been persuaded to join Kylo (presumably still thinking she could then turn him at a later point), but the writers really backed themselves into a lot of corners (ie, she just watched Kylo kill his dad yesterday and she thinks he's a monster; Luke and Kylo's past doesn't really soften his evil), but he could have maybe convinced her that they could change the First Order and work with the resistance if she joined him, etc. Just feels like there are no loose ends after this movie when after Empire there were so many interesting plotlines to develop.

Personally, I didn't hate it or love it, I'm stuck somewhere in the middle at around a 5 or a 6 out of 10 rating.

That being said, I just realized that other than the actual movie tickets, I've not bought any merchandise from this movie. Everything from Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles to music, video games, books and other toys. I've bought something from Episodes I-VII and even Rogue One with the excellent Hot Toys Darth Vader.

And I really don't think I'll buy anything from this movie. And that just shocks the hell out of me.

Personally, I didn't hate it or love it, I'm stuck somewhere in the middle at around a 5 or a 6 out of 10 rating.

That being said, I just realized that other than the actual movie tickets, I've not bought any merchandise from this movie. Everything from Hot Toys/Sideshow Collectibles to music, video games, books and other toys. I've bought something from Episodes I-VII and even Rogue One with the excellent Hot Toys Darth Vader.

And I really don't think I'll buy anything from this movie. And that just shocks the hell out of me.
Exactly. I’m the same. Nothing from tlj. Sold kylo from tfa and only kept bb8 because I’m a sucker for droids.
I don’t know if figures exist for the merchandising yet.

Last edited:
Back