Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Film - 6/10

Hela's hips - 9/10

That's perfect. :rotfl

44.gif

Just came back and loved it. Not looking for Shakespear or deep drama just good fun and Thor Ragnarok delivered. These are comic book movies guys. Did you really think Disney was going to handle the comics seriously? With all of the thee thy and thou, it may turn off the crowd so Disney went in the opposite direction and made Thor fun. I always liked Thor comics especially the Simonson stuff, but it was a bit of a chore to read at times with all of the soliloquies and speeches. I wasn't expecting much and got a good time in response. The humor served the story well and did not bog down any of the action. Will definitely see it again. Hela was hella hot at the end when she was walking on the bridge in that sultry, sexy way. Thor did seem a bit depowered though. The fight with him and hulk was excellent! Can't wait for the bluray!

What made me enjoy the hulk/thor fight more is that the trailer was deceiving lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoilers (though no one should be reading the thread at this point not expecting spoilers!):

I saw it last night, and thought it was great. One of the better Marvel Studios films on first view, really playing to their strengths in an effective way (I put the Spidey film up there, as well--they are really on a roll IMO). Action was tremendous. Humor was about as good as you're gonna get in something like this (and I very much credit Taika for the off-the-cuff stuff)--Korg is great, and I hope we'll see a lot more of him. This was Taika's approach going in--just to give the audience a good time--and he succeeded. I saw it with a group of 6 others, none of them serious comic nerds, and every person who came really liked it. Though a bit ironically, by losing his father, losing an eye, and losing his homeland, Thor goes through the deepest dramatic arc for him yet.

I liked all of the new characters. In fact, leaving the theater one thing I was struck by was just how well the casting of Goldblum as Grandmaster worked. He's seemed like a has-been in some of the things I've seen him do in recent years, but the humor and personality of that character was just perfect. So, it really is about putting the right person in the right role from time to time. Valkyrie was a great bad-ass. Of course, Hela, Korg, and the insect dude with knives were great. Executioner was also done well for what he had to work with. Sorry to see the Warriors 3 bite it. That part where Hela arrives through the Rainbow Bridge reminded me quite a bit of the scene from Transformers: The Movie where Megatron attacks the autobot jet and kills off all these well loved, though honestly 2-dimensional supporting cast members. And she just moves right along like it was nothing. So again, a movie meant to be fun and enjoyable, but with one of the most meaningful death scenes in any Marvel Studios film yet, showing that there are real consequences to what this villain does! Typically it's either a character we just meet, or someone who gets brought back to life who gets offed--I don't see that happening here.

I'm just glancing through some posts, and it's all fairly predictable. But, I'm sorry some of you didn't get more enjoyment out of it.

What made me enjoy the hulk/thor fight more is that the trailer was deceiving lol

That trailer was deceiving in more ways than possible.

If you guys saw the leaked trailer for IW, consider yourself lucky, they stated they will release it by the end of the year and also completely different from the Version shown.

I enjoyed the movie but I can't really agree with this (granted I only watched the first 9minutes of the video).

Yeah, what ought to have been some serious **** happens in this film. However the gravity of it all barely seems to be felt by any of the characters in the movie. As a result it isn't really felt by the audience either. It's just constant humour.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So no, I don't think it's a dark movie at all.

I enjoyed the movie but I can't really agree with this (granted I only watched the first 9minutes of the video).

Yeah, what ought to have been some serious **** happens in this film. However the gravity of it all barely seems to be felt by any of the characters in the movie. As a result it isn't really felt by the audience either. It's just constant humour.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So no, I don't think it's a dark movie at all.

I agree with you he’s wrong.

So yeah he’s not fooling anyone here I mean Korg even joked about the foundation being wiped out lol

Yet while I find myself not agreeing with his point of view I still found the movie to be highly entertaining.

Last edited:
Oh, it's a dark movie alright.....if you see it in 3-D. I just got back from seeing it and the 3-D was very good, however, it washed out a lot of the popping colors and detail. Lady Sif was mentioned during the Loki play as having run away. That may not be the real explanation for her absence since it was just a play.

Korg even joked about the foundation being wiped out lol

That's the biggest part of the film where the humor really killed it for me. I liked the opening scene with Thor and Surtur and thought it established the comedy well, but the ending where...

Spoiler Spoiler:

...should have been handled much more seriously (and with an actual soundtrack) IMHO. My overall rating may be significantly higher if that scene had been done better.

I think the destruction of Asgard was not handled seriously because of the idea that the people meant more than the actual place. With Hela breathing down their necks they had no choice. I'm sure that if this were the comics they would have written pages of speeches on the loss.

If it was an MCU movie someone would have made that joke in the actual film. :lol
This movie was literally Superhero Movie.

Jokes were tiresome, like really excruciating at one point.

Although a more subdued Waititi would be perfect for a Booster and Beetle movie.

Back