Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After IW 2...
... they'll reboot everything and casuals will move on to clap and drool over new time line with new characters.
Twhor 3 will be the same as Twhor 2, only few geeks will remember it. And only because they bought it on BD.
Iron Man, The Avengers and Captain 2 will be the only old MCU movies you'll ever hear about.

I never said Apocalypse was a masterpiece, for what it's worth, and acknowledge that I'm biased with X men stuff.
So you can hold Thor against me, but not X men! [emoji38]

giphy.gif

Well please don’t be a stranger and disappear into those snobby polystone threads and come review movies every once in awhile lol

LOL!!

I’ll let you know my new thoughts on Thor 3 after my 2nd viewing tonight.

Look at IT it fell apart for me on my 2nd viewing.

Really?? It sucked the 2nd time? I was not in love with it the first time but thought it was decent enough.. Not a fan of the TV movie and never read the book. Could have used more Pennywise speaking parts.. That was when it was best. Hope it still stands for me...

Don’t get me started on The Force Awakens that’s truly a complicated tale lol.

We had the same response to that one.. At first anyways.. Correct me if i am wrong. We were both disappointed with first viewing... I then pretty much forced myself to enjoy it the second time. I know you got to like it ore.. Then I went back to not caring for it and now I pretty much find it to be in my bottom 3 Star Wars films.. I think you don;t care for it as much anymore either.. I can;t remember.

I will try and pop in more often.. I just hate to come into threads of films I don;t like and just disagree the whole time but if you insist... :lol

lol 90% accurate with TFA.

Not bottom of the barrel for me I still rank it above all 3 of the Poopy Trilogy.

It looks like this:

1. SW
2. ESB
3. ROTJ / RO
4. TFA
5. ROTS
6. TPM
7. Kevin Spacey blocking my exit while dressed like Lex Luthor and yelling WRONG!
8. AOTC

Last edited:
Just came back and loved it. Not looking for Shakespear or deep drama just good fun and Thor Ragnarok delivered. These are comic book movies guys. Did you really think Disney was going to handle the comics seriously?

I can;t speak for others but for me I just thought the humor was 20% good and 80% bad or worthless. Saying "these are comic book movies" is a bit of a cop out since there are other "comic book movies" that handle darker stories just fine.. Hell The Winter Soldier is freaking "End of Times" dark compared to this film.

With all of the thee thy and thou, it may turn off the crowd so Disney went in the opposite direction and made Thor fun.

Personally I always thought they tried making the Thor movies Funny.. Biggest problem with the films really.

I always liked Thor comics especially the Simonson stuff, but it was a bit of a chore to read at times with all of the soliloquies and speeches.

I never was a fan of the comics.. I do enjoy the character they have created for the films.. I didnt not mind him in this one.. I thought everything else was a complete failure.

I wasn't expecting much and got a good time in response. The humor served the story well and did not bog down any of the action. Will definitely see it again.

I was not expecting much either. I knew it was supposed to be more of a comedy.. That is where people are going to be divided. Those that find it funny will like it and find it fun... Those that did not find it funny will find it annoying and without life or emotion.

Hela was hella hot at the end when she was walking on the bridge in that sultry, sexy way. Thor did seem a bit depowered though. The fight with him and hulk was excellent! Can't wait for the bluray!

Can't argue that she was hot.. But that was all she had going for her... Another Villain fail IMO but man she looked great.

But I am always happy for anyone who can enjoy something even though I cant.

Look at how Cameron handled the destruction of Hometree or whatever it was called in Avatar. That felt like serious ***t.

God help me.. I actually like AVATAR better then this film..... Maybe...

That stupid tree did nothing for me though :lol

lol 90% accurate with TFA.

Not bottom of the barrel for me I still rank it above all 3 of the Poopy Trilogy.

It looks like this:

1. SW
2. ESB
3. ROTJ
4. RO
5. TFA
6. ROTS
7. TPM
8. Kevin Spacey blocking my exit while dressed like Lex Luthor and yelling WRONG!
9. AOTC

LOL about Kevin Spacey...

You list is just like mine for the most part.. We are one of the few that love SW more then Empire.. I actually think Empire is the better made film but I can watch SW over and over.... They are very close.

We differ with the bottom of the barrel.

AOTC is defiantly the worst for me also..

I would actually say I like TPM more then ROTS because it had the better action and villain.

TFA lies someone with ROTS for me. Its better made then ROTS and TPM but I find it less watchable.

I am really hoping that the new film improves my enjoyment of TFA.. There is a very good chance of that if it pushes all the right buttons.

LOL about Kevin Spacey...

You list is just like mine for the most part.. We are one of the few that love SW more then Empire.. I actually think Empire is the better made film but I can watch SW over and over.... They are very close.

We differ with the bottom of the barrel.

AOTC is defiantly the worst for me also..

I would actually say I like TPM more then ROTS because it had the better action and villain.

TFA lies someone with ROTS for me. Its better made then ROTS and TPM but I find it less watchable.

I am really hoping that the new film improves my enjoyment of TFA.. There is a very good chance of that if it pushes all the right buttons.

My simple explanation why SW > ESB is because SW stands on its own it has a heroic ending.

ESB needs SW for it to be the best it can be.

So while ESB is definately the better made film it can’t stand on its own it needs SW for it to be fully realized and appreciated.

Ughhh choosing which is worse in the PT is like choosing which is worse burned alive or nails under your finger nails.

But back to Thor 3 I certainly don’t need to start proclaiming it to be a “dark movie” underneath the humor as justification for me liking it as that Campea dude is doing.

I like it because the humor was funny for me and the superhero action was thrilling, done.

No hidden anything it was just a fun movie

Last edited:
Ughhh choosing which is worse in the PT is like choosing which is worse burned alive or nails under your finger nails.

Aww man... yeah, nah, I don't think I can do it. I mean, I should like ROTS more than the other two, because we finally get to see the promised Kenobi/Skywalker duel on the 'volcanic planet' (I'm sure was always the promise during the pre PT filming days), and the rise of the Emperor and Vader, and I should like TPM the least because there is nothing that good about it outside a one dimensional, but kickass evil henchman... Nope, somehow all three are as bad as each other..

I always laugh at these "fun now but forgotten soon after" comments. Yeah sure by you maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw it. It was fun and funny in spots but it wasted a ton of potential material for future films. I know its not the comics but in the right hands this stuff could be Lord of The Rings epic. Maybe inthe next incarnation they will give it a shot. Thor and Loki are still good stuff though. I love their brother love/hate relationship. Boy oh boy did that version of the Grand Master and Planer Huk so though!!

Back