Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor being my favorite comic book character, I was really excited when the title of the movie was first revealed. Then it was revealed that the Hulk was going to have a large role in the film and my excitement quickly dwindled. Hulk has always been one of my favorite Marvel characters but he has no business being in a story about Ragnarok. It makes no sense. Clearly they are making a movie to appeal to the masses and make money. I get it but I don't like it. The more footage I see the less interest I have in seeing this movie. Seeing Thor and Loki standing side by side firing laser rifles... :pfft:

Hahahahahahahhaha. I get the frustration of a lot of comic fans. But it was always states that the MCU is not a straight adaptation from the comics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thor IMAX poster

https://comicbook.com/2017/09/10/thor-ragnarok-imax-poster/

IMAX has debuted their exclusive poster for Marvel Studios' Thor: Ragnarok, which will be offered as a free mini-poster to fans who see the Thor threequel at select IMAX theaters opening night.

thorimax3opt.jpg

It's not worth sitting through the first two :lol

Yeah, no joke. I love/hate triple features because it's nice seeing the previous movies again to recap, but by the time the new movie starts I feel sick from the popcorn and tired. :lol

Thor being my favorite comic book character, I was really excited when the title of the movie was first revealed. Then it was revealed that the Hulk was going to have a large role in the film and my excitement quickly dwindled. Hulk has always been one of my favorite Marvel characters but he has no business being in a story about Ragnarok. It makes no sense. Clearly they are making a movie to appeal to the masses and make money. I get it but I don't like it. The more footage I see the less interest I have in seeing this movie. Seeing Thor and Loki standing side by side firing laser rifles... :pfft:

It honestly looks like a bad fanfic to me. Too much Whedon-style banter mixed with 80's-esque aesthetics, which doesn't fit the epic scale of Ragnarok, and it doesn't even look that appealing especially after the two GotG movies we've gotten. I guess the whole in-your-face colour stuff just looks tired at this point, and like they're playing it safe. Not enough serious undertones either; we got enough silliness in TDW. Agreed on Bruce being shoehorned into the film; there isn't enough time for all the characters that already need to be introduced, let alone Bruce/Hulk. He's just there to create box office draw and $$; when you consider how much Marvel is leaning on that one "gladiator fight" scene in all their promotional material... It's painfully obvious.

Last edited:
It honestly looks like a bad fanfic to me. Too much Whedon-style banter mixed with 80's-esque aesthetics, which doesn't fit the epic scale of Ragnarok, and it doesn't even look that appealing especially after the two GotG movies we've gotten. I guess the whole in-your-face colour stuff just looks tired at this point, and like they're playing it safe. Not enough serious undertones either; we got enough silliness in TDW. Agreed on Bruce being shoehorned into the film; there isn't enough time for all the characters that already need to be introduced, let alone Bruce/Hulk. He's just there to create box office draw and $$; when you consider how much Marvel is leaning on that one "gladiator fight" scene in all their promotional material... It's painfully obvious.

Completely think folks are entitled to own opinion. I'm really up for this film - for me the use of color is there but it's distinctly different from DS to GOTG to Thor. Re the humor some of that, I think, was Chris Hemsworth wanting and asking for that, and IMO he can be really good that way. Since audiences seem to like epic fights, not sure having Hulk there is a bad thing:dunno - he's not gonna get a stand-alone film thanks to studio rights but this is a good way to get him highlighted - and Hemsworth and Ruffalo IMO already look fun together. (PS. I don't think of Whedon and "banter" together LOL now I mostly think of ANGST. Lots of ANGST e.g. Ultron farmhouse and I am so happy the Russos are helming IW)

For me it's cool that Marvel has had a year more or less of lighter-toned movies (tho IMO GOTG got kinda heavy) and then is going to move into the grit of BP and IW. Don't know if the tone of the releases was planned that way, but supposedly IW finds the world pretty much chillin' and pretty much unprepared for what's coming. It's almost like this year Marvel is taking the global audience along, e.g. BP and IW directors talk about "grittier" and "stakes" and "the audience needing to be prepared". Then there's Sebastian Stan's recent interview where he doesn't say much about IW https://www.mtv.com/news/3035457/sebastian-stan-jon-snow-avengers-infinity-war/, but I got the feeling of HUGE and DARK (plus I saw the leaked IW trailer anyway:monkey3).

And I wonder if Thor 3 SEEMS like it'll all be fun but by the end, it's an ominous note and Hela wins, or something like that. Or Thanos shows up at the end.

I don't know the comic stories so I take the movies at face value, and I agree with the idea that inclusion of Hulk was likely driven more by an understanding that fans want Hulk movies and since they can't deliver, it becomes about where he can fit into other MCU plots and be relevant while also giving fans what they want. We're getting a sort of Planet Hulk movie in lieu of actually making one and the story is altered to make it fit into Thor's story. I think this plot is more interesting and a better fit for Banner after AOU than if he stayed on Earth as part of Civil War. I think part of this film will be evolving Banner into embracing the Hulk and no longer seeing him as a curse but as vital tool in the big picture that will be Infinity War and why he'll be willing to join the fight instead of running. At the end of AOU, he felt responsible for Ultron as well as not being able to control the Hulk in Africa, he was not in a mental state to join the Avengers in a future fight, I think this film will cement his understanding of the necessity of him on the team.

After all is said and done. What i want from a comic book movie is to be entertained. You want the real ragnarok or planet hulk stories check out the comic books hehe. Fans wanted crossovers so long. Now we have it its cash grabs 🤦🏿*♂️ marvel movies are not direct adaptations from the comics. One would think after 10 years it was already obvious. Just my opinion dont kill me please lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back