Thor: Ragnarok (November 3rd, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certain this will be a big, loud and proud, disco inferno of a movie like GOTG v2... enjoyable and totally forgettable.

BUT....

And here's the big Grace butt for you...

If Cate Blanchett kicks ass as the villain, Marvel will have finally crossed that desperately needed level that makes an average actioner appear GREAT! A good villain can make Wonder Woman money for this tired old Thor adventure.

Hulk adds nothing but another Hulkbuster scene for the trailer which, like Hulkbuster, will be 'meh' in the cinema. Best part of Hulk is another "Smash" joke and the banter between Thor and the actor playing Bruce Banner.

The villain will hold this together, not Hulk.

I'm certain this will be a big, loud and proud, disco inferno of a movie like GOTG v2... enjoyable and totally forgettable.

BUT....

If Cate Blanchett kicks ass as the villain, Marvel will have finally crossed that desperately needed level that makes an average actioner appear GREAT! A good villain can make Wonder Woman money for this tired old Thor adventure.

Hulk adds nothing but another Hulkbuster scene for the trailer which, like Hulkbuster, will be 'meh' in the cinema. Best part of Hulk is another "Smash" joke and the banter between Thor and the actor playing Bruce Banner.

I bet she doesn't have that much screen time. She shows up, takes over Asgard, the rest of the film focuses on Thor's journey back to his world, big fight in the end, and finally she goes back to hell or whatever.

She won't be, she will be just like Daniel Bruhl at best, just another good actor in a villain roll, that will amount to nothing in the end.

I hope not. I have a feeling about Cate. She's a good scene-stealer and has a good sense about when to play it big.

If she's wasted like Elizabeth Debicki's Ayesha, then yeah... Marvel's learned nothing.

I bet she doesn't have that much screen time. She shows up, takes over Asgard, the rest of the film focuses on Thor's journey back to his world, big fight in the end, and finally she goes back to hell or whatever.

You're certainly correct structurally.

But you don't need a lot of screen time to make a good villain. Look at Vader in the first Star Wars. What's he got, 16 minutes? Or was that Hannibal Lector? :)

I hope not. I have a feeling about Cate. She's a good scene-stealer and has a good sense about when to play it big.

If she's wasted like Elizabeth Debicki's Ayesha, then yeah... Marvel's learned nothing.
I don't think that it's that they don't learn, it's that they know what works for them, paper-thin plots and irrelevant villains to make room for their trademark humor and nothing else, is fool-proof, they know their audience.

With this one I at least expect a butt-load of cool action.

BUT....

I'll be surprised if Blanchett's performance is weak. IMO she's a solid actress and hopefully does a great job as Hela. We'll see when this movie is released.

She'll be Hela good.

fQuCdik.gif

Back