this is ridiculous already! HOT TOYS NOT GIVING US FIGURES FROM OTHER LICENSES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: this is ridiculous already

they have two iron man XLII ONE POWER POSE AND THE OTHER DICAST AND ITS THE SAME SUIT THATS MESSED UP .......OH HT I COULD JUST:horse:computer:banghead

yeah i found the dioramas awhile back they look nice this was up at a convention at Hong Kong i believe

As is Robocop. Maybe they have to be red and yellow and/or say funny things :dunno
:lol Robocop even has "robot" in the name... how did I not think of that :slap :lol
Terminators aren't robot-y enough. Maybe we can compromise and make the endo skeleton parts look like the Iron Man suit. Then we all win!
hmmm a red an gold endo could look cool I guess....naaaaah no it can't. Chrome is the only way to go:exactly:
WTF? Are those new pics? Superman holding up the Tumbler looks incredible

no those are old convention pics from summer of 2012 except for Arkham joker from what I can tell. I hate seeing that Cannibal King Jack throne b/c I passed up a good deal for a MIB cannibal Jack b/c of waiting for the HT one :gah:

EDIT: Jack Sparrow pic is from 2011 not 2012.

Last edited:

Would love a dio for the upcoming hulk or ironman jk Mike.:lol

no those are old convention pics from summer of 2012 except for Arkham joker from what I can tell. I hate seeing that Cannibal King Jack throne b/c I passed up a good deal for a MIB cannibal Jack b/c of waiting for the HT one :gah:[/QUOTE]

oh those are from 2012 hmmm i must have misread ....STILL WHERE ARE THEY?
same here i found a few good deals on the ck jack but passed ugh:slap

Those pics can't be 2012 convention pics... Cause I would of **** bricks over the gargoyle diorama. Perfect for a Predator or Batman!

oh those are from 2012 hmmm i must have misread ....STILL WHERE ARE THEY?
same here i found a few good deals on the ck jack but passed ugh:slap
:exactly: 'where are they?' indeed.
From 2012? Strange that I never saw those.
well I know the Superman w/ Tumbler (along with others) are dios/scenes made by fans that HT bring with them to conventions. There's a crashed tumbler street scene with a custom DX01 Joker w/ tongue sticking out and a Davy Jones and organ dio that's usually brought to conventions. And the obvious Iron Man customs as well :lol
yeah i thought i saw it say 2013
As far as I know, the only 2013 pic there is the Arkham Joker pic. The gargoyle and ancient ruin I think are by Asia Scale Store not Hot Toys. The Jack Sparrow chair is by HT but I did make a mistake, that pic is from 2011 not 2012

I have to give a big thimbs up to Hot Toys for milking a line that is "Easy Money". But I feel that they should also keep to their other lines. Marvel and DC are novelty items. As stated before, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, hell even POTC are films that have stood the test of time. They are classics deserving 1/6 treatment. The up side to this, is when the Comic hard-on in cinema dies down, we will once again be treated with so many releases from our iconic lines, that we will be *****ing that its too mich for our wallets.

Marvel and DC are novelty items??? The POTC films have stood the test of time?? Superman has been around since the 30's guy. I'll take fifty more iron men over an Orlando bloom any day and I'm bored of iron man myself!

I was talking about the Hot Toys being Novelty not the movies/comics... What I was going for was people will only buy so many Iron Man figures before they say **** it. From the looks of it, I'm sure we will see around 20 suits from the movie.

To be fair...remember.....who works at Hot Toys??? Asians. What is very popular in many Asian cultures? Robots.

thisisracist.gif

they need to bank in on the hype of the movies as well. Pretty logical move IMO.

That didn't seem to apply to Avatar or X-Men First Class or Prometheus and arguably those licenses needed immediate movie-hype more than Iron Man does to sell figures. I'm sure theres other examples.

:goodpost: :exactly:

But Iron Man fans can't go too long without an update from HT or their little fanboy heads might explode.

1. Iron man figures are easy to build
2. Iron Man is a very popular and quick selling brand
3. There's some very strict licensing conditions coz of which HT is obliged to do what Marvel (aka Disney) says

Last edited:

@ Mike M

Should've titled the thread.... "Hot Toys Doesn't announce X-Men first Class, Prometheus, Back To The Future, Robocop, Arkham City, Star Wars, POTC or any other overdue figures"

all missing what happened shouldn't we see something? only have seen two predators and luke

Hot-toys-robocop.jpg

ht-potc-poster.jpg

387591_278867445484924_113785701993100_765452_1521319449_n1.jpg

ht-sw-teaser.jpg

76-1_prometheus-teaser.jpg

imgres

+

250062_10150193170247344_120145_n.jpg

:wink1: :wave

8369541437_68526f8ebe_o.jpg

This would've been great for Spider-Man

Last edited: