this is ridiculous already! HOT TOYS NOT GIVING US FIGURES FROM OTHER LICENSES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: this is ridiculous already

I think this thread should be retitled to be a little more accurate about the subject matter, as it's the first thread I have seen on here to deal with this issue.

:monkey3

Yes they are, they are just a despicable company riding the gravy train into the ground.

I cannot wait for the whole Avengers line to be finished and dead and maybe we could move on to licenses people actually give a **** about.
You mean like Ironman?

I have to give a big thimbs up to Hot Toys for milking a line that is "Easy Money". But I feel that they should also keep to their other lines. Marvel and DC are novelty items. As stated before, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, hell even POTC are films that have stood the test of time. They are classics deserving 1/6 treatment. The up side to this, is when the Comic hard-on in cinema dies down, we will once again be treated with so many releases from our iconic lines, that we will be *****ing that its too mich for our wallets.

I have to give a big thimbs up to Hot Toys for milking a line that is "Easy Money". But I feel that they should also keep to their other lines. Marvel and DC are novelty items. As stated before, Aliens, Predator, Terminator, hell even POTC are films that have stood the test of time. They are classics deserving 1/6 treatment. The up side to this, is when the Comic hard-on in cinema dies down, we will once again be treated with so many releases from our iconic lines, that we will be *****ing that its too mich for our wallets.

I'd be happy complaining about how I have no money after buying great collectibles :rock

This stupid Marvel craze will die down, it died down after Spiderman 3 and X Men 3 and now it's back.

Last edited:

I think they are a long way from actually producing these figures although they did mention that they have 15 figures from the movie in mind when we will see them is another matter.

I think they are a long way from actually producing these figures although they did mention that they have 15 figures from the movie in mind when we will see them is another matter.

I bet too soon.

I'm sure they take a look at their books and they see IM bringing in the most cash. Also, social media has shown that IM is gigantically more popular than many other lines. I mean I have seen most of the new Predator figures sitting in shelves at local stores since the Classic Predator release. But, all the IM flight off the shelves in no time.
Either Way, HT might be releasing and announcing tons of IM stuff but they have also released TDKR, announced GI Joe figs, the Avengers, etc. So it is not all IM.

Marvel & DC are novelty items? :lol

They've been around long before anything else.. :huh

I don't think its a stupid craze. These Marvel films are certainly worthy of figures. What bothers me is that every other license has to wait years and years for 'completion'. Why does Iron Man in particular get everything made continuously with no sign of a hiatus? Surely its even in the interests of Iron Man fanatics themselves to get a bit of a breather.

I don't think its a stupid craze. These Marvel films are certainly worthy of figures. What bothers me is that every other license has to wait years and years for completion. Why does Iron Man in particular get everything made continuously with no sign of a hiatus? Surely its even in the interests of Iron Man fanatics themselves to get a bit of a breather.
Yup. Hot Toys can make all the Ironmen they want as long as they doesn't put every other project on hold. And it seems like they are putting some lines on hold.

I like Iron Man and all, but, I agree with the sentiment that it's getting boring and predictable. HT is seeing green, and I don't blame them - they are a business after all. I'm going to reserve my judgemnet, however, until after SDCC. If their display doesn't have a new Star Wars figure, Marty McFly or something else different/cool/unexpected, then I'd be bummed.

Iron Man 3 is coming out. Iron Man makes money. Iron Man Hot Toys make money. Whatcanyado? Nuthin'. Now go buy all the Iron Mans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back