Things I Love

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's obsessed with dyeing his hair (if it's even real at this point) with soy sauce.

And every movie he is wearing some thick ass long trench coat like it will hide his fat gut. They are all on Netflix and I've watched a few. They are all pretty much the same movie. Seagal is a former cia agent/fbi agent/special forces captain/police sergeant that must stop/find/save blah blah blah.

And every movie he is wearing some thick ass long trench coat like it will hide his fat gut. They are all on Netflix and I've watched a few. They are all pretty much the same movie. Seagal is a former cia agent/fbi agent/special forces captain/police sergeant that must stop/find/save blah blah blah.

The only Seagal film I've seen was Executive Decision, and he got killed off within the first 15 minutes because he threw John Leguizamo up against a wall on set.

IMG_6059.JPG

I offered no opinion on Fox. I just want to know who's NOT in the mainstream media.

You did actually.

how Fox News criticizes the "mainstream media" while being the number one cable news channel and having something like 5 of the top 10 cable news shows. In my mind any network with those kinds of numbers is, by definition, part of the mainstream media. They are a goliath in media and cable news, but not part of the mainstream? Thats a tough argument.

I make no comment on their journalistic acumen, contributors, or political leanings, if any.

But to clarify, anything on television. **** all of them.

That is what I was actually going to say. Any of the major networks and the local ones who get their news from their affiliates. As crappy as it can be most of the time, social media has given an outlet to smaller news organizations. You just need to fact check or do a little research sometimes before believing what they are saying.

That is what I was actually going to say. Any of the major networks and the local ones who get their news from their affiliates. As crappy as it can be most of the time, social media has given an outlet to smaller news organizations. You just need to fact check or do a little research sometimes before believing what they are saying.

Social Media was the start of these massive billion dollar "news" organizations going down in flames. This is regardless of political leaning, MSM is done for. Any regular Joe on Youtube can get a massive audience with millions of views per week. Where as televised news is only watched by old people predominantly. MSM viewership has gone down massively in the last 10 years. They get anywhere between hundred thousand to a million where as some alternate news shows on YT can get upwards of fifty million views a month.

i'll agree with you to some degree. My disclaimer was not an unambiguous as it should be. So i'll be clearer. i thought we were talking about who/what is mainstream media. Not any outlet's stories or political leanings or journalistic skill. My only criticism of fox is their criticism of mainstream media while actually be a large part of the same.

People are getting to the point of just laughing at all these marches and protests.

And you're absolutely right, Evil.

I'm just going to provide the unpopular opinion here: The news media will always be needed, regardless of their apparent political leanings. While YouTubers and various outlets on social media will provide commentary, most of them are not engaged in investigative reporting, and they don't have reporters in the field. They simply don't have the necessary resources to do it. All they do is rehash the legwork that was being done by the major networks, or news publications.

But, that said, what concerns me the most, is fake news. And I don't mean Trumpian term, "Fake News" - which is anything from the MSM that he or his cronies don't agree with, or anything that they'd like to cover up. There was an enormous effort from Russia during the campaign to peddle fake Conservative news sites, many of which were being spread through Facebook.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/russian-propaganda-effort-helped-spread-fake-news-during-election-experts-say/2016/11/24/793903b6-8a40-4ca9-b712-716af66098fe_story.html?utm_term=.aa3c087e256b

As for the relevance of the MSM, I think they'd eventually have to transition away from television and make a major effort for social media. More people are dropping cable every year. Heck, I hardly even watch my TV anymore, although I do catch a bit of NBC and CBS late in the night.

Back