Their will be no ES for 1:2 Iron man, thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget about the weight. Sideshow's site is practically always wrong. On top of that, lighter is better. Heavy means a higher price and other problems like moving/lifting.

It should be numbered but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

The real worry is this maquette will be created by the same group that did the 1:1 bust. Paint quality should be the main focus. I hope past mistakes were learned from.

Last edited:
mrhorse.jpg

I'm not sure what your question is, but this maquette isn't designed just for you. Sideshow wants to sell as many of these as they can. More weight equals higher shipping costs. More cost equals less sales. Frankly I find it a little absurd to be talking about weight when more important issues exist.

Ppl like me wouldn't care about weight if u gave us a decent product. :lecture

Forget about the weight. Sideshow's site is practically always wrong. On top of that, lighter is better. Heavy means a higher price and other problems like moving/lifting.

It should be numbered but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

The real worry is this maquette will be created by the same group that did the 1:1 bust. Paint quality should be the main focus. I hope past mistakes were learned from.

Sorry, I would have to disagree with you there. Weight does play a roll in a collectible. Weight usually equates to price and the level of quality put into something (this doesnt apply to all cases, but were talking about BIG statues here). The 1:2 T-800 weighs almost 60lbs and its 4" shorter than the 1:2 IM. If the T-800 was made out of balsa wood do you think it would have the same appeal? How about if it was made entirely of plastic?...would you still pay $2000 for it then?

I really hope Cinemaquette picks up the marvel license, if they made this thing I would buy it in a heart beat. I think SS days may be numbered from here on, their slow decline in QC will eventually lead to their demise. Its unfortunate...I really dont want to see it happen.

Chris

Sorry, I would have to disagree with you there. Weight does play a roll in a collectible. Weight usually equates to price and the level of quality put into something (this doesnt apply to all cases, but were talking about BIG statues here). The 1:2 T-800 weighs almost 60lbs and its 4" shorter than the 1:2 IM. If the T-800 was made out of balsa wood do you think it would have the same appeal? How about if it was made entirely of plastic?...would you still pay $2000 for it then?

Your example is far from realistic, but I'll answer anyway. If the T-800 was made of balsa or plastic and the detail was the same, yes it would have appealed to more people because the price would have been much lower.

Your example is far from realistic, but I'll answer anyway. If the T-800 was made of balsa or plastic and the detail was the same, yes it would have appealed to more people because the price would have been much lower.

SS specializes in quality replicas, not "get it done as cheap as possible replicas". Thats why we pay the money we do for these pieces. Do you think SS would have the following they do if they made their products from cheap materials? Would you really be happy with a blasa wood statue?...really? Then you are picking the wrong company to buy collectibles from and seriously over paying. I think my example is very realistic when comparing different quality materials. THATS WHY THINGS COST MORE THAN OTHER THINGS....:duh

Chris

You're just wrong here.

Have you picked up the Hulk PF in person? If you have, you probably thought to yourself, "Wow, impressive how heavy this thing is." Then pick up The Thing PF, and you'll probably think, "Why is this so light? It feels cheap."

Sabretooth was much lighter than previous LSB's, yet it still cost the same, yet it turns out it was a cheap piece of crap.

You still got a lotta learning to do, noob.

SS specializes in quality replicas, not "get it done as cheap as possible replicas". Thats why we pay the money we do for these pieces. Do you think SS would have the following they do if they made their products from cheap materials? Would you really be happy with a blasa wood statue?...really? Then you are picking the wrong company to buy collectibles from and seriously over paying. I think my example is very realistic when comparing different quality materials. THATS WHY THINGS COST MORE THAN OTHER THINGS....:duh

Chris

It's not about materials. It's about detail. Your question isn't realistic because the T-800's level of detail is not possible with balsa. But if it was, yes I would be happy with it if it cost less.

No offense, but this is rather silly. Buy the piece because you like it, not because it's limited.

I have a few Cinemaquettes which are just as expensive as this Iron Man. I'm not sure if they're numbered or not. They say they're limited to 1000, but in actuality the number is much lower for most of them. It seems SSC is adapting this policy too. They could be like Cinemaqauette and say they're limited to 1000 and just produce as many as are ordered, but they'd rather just tell you the truth and say that they aren't going to set an edition size. Anyway, at this price the piece will not be in everyone's garage like a used Prius. I'd doubt that more than 500 will ever be made.

You're just wrong here.

Have you picked up the Hulk PF in person? If you have, you probably thought to yourself, "Wow, impressive how heavy this thing is." Then pick up The Thing PF, and you'll probably think, "Why is this so light? It feels cheap."

Sabretooth was much lighter than previous LSB's, yet it still cost the same, yet it turns out it was a cheap piece of crap.

I couldn't care less about how a piece "feels." All I care about is looks and price.

No offense, but this is rather silly. Buy the piece because you like it, not because it's limited.

I have a few Cinemaquettes which are just as expensive as this Iron Man. I'm not sure if they're numbered or not. They say they're limited to 1000, but in actuality the number is much lower for most of them. It seems SSC is adapting this policy too. They could be like Cinemaqauette and say they're limited to 1000 and just produce as many as are ordered, but they'd rather just tell you the truth and say that they aren't going to set an edition size. Anyway, at this price the piece will not be in everyone's garage like a used Prius. I'd doubt that more than 500 will ever be made.

I hear what your saying here, SS may very well be employing the same idea. But even CM offer something with their pieces signifying their exclusivity, like signed certificates. Dont get me wrong I like the statue, its just missing certin things. I think I would be able to live with the fact it only weighs 25lbs and it has no ES if they added a COA signed by Jon favreau or Robert downey jr. Just give me something!

Chris

I hear what your saying here, SS may very well be employing the same idea. But even CM offer something with their pieces signifying their exclusivity, like signed certificates. Dont get me wrong I like the statue, its just missing certin things. I think I would be able to live with the fact it only weighs 25lbs and it has no ES if they added a COA signed by Jon favreau or Robert downey jr. Just give me something!

Chris

I wouldn't bet on it being 25lbs. Like I said before, the website weight is often wrong. It's probably more.

**goes to check for used Prius in garage**

i'd doubt if 300 of them get made, but point agreed on:monkey3

You're just wrong here.

...exactly...if my garage was on fire, my GREY HULK PF is all that I would grab. I was very disappointed when I first picked up the THE THING...and then I saw some pics of broken ones...it was hollow and looked like it was made of PVC with a poly coating...cheap...I expect more from SSC

...exactly...if my garage was on fire, my GREY HULK PF is all that I would grab. I was very disappointed when I first picked up the THE THING...and then I saw some pics of broken ones...it was hollow and looked like it was made of PVC with a poly coating...cheap...I expect more from SSC

I guess the same can be said about ABOM then because he doesn't weigh as much or should weigh greater than the HULK.

?I’ve been on the fence about getting your 1:2 scale Iron Man maquette for a while now. I’ve been waiting for an Edition size since its release, which may help me in making a decision to place an order. Do you have plans to announce an ES for this piece soon?

No, we don’t intend to close the edition size soon, and it is possible that we may keep it as an open edition. If we do close the edition and finalize the edition size, it is likely to happen after the first of the 1:2 Scale Iron Man Mk 3 Maquettes has been shipped. For that reason, we won’t be individually numbering these pieces out of a specific edition run. We hope this clarification doesn’t deter you from ordering the 1:2 Scale Iron Man, but we don’t believe that this is a piece that should be ordered on the basis of an edition size. This is a special project and a piece that we regard with the utmost pride and respect. It’s a statement piece, meant for fine art collectors and the most dedicated Iron Man fans. It will not be available forever, but we do want to give Iron Man fans time to make a decision about this piece - it is certainly a big one.

I found this statment here a little insulting also. Does this mean the rest of the products they sell under 2k is for ment for the laymen? Only when you spend 2k+ you become a "fine art collector" :rolleyes:

Chris

Back