The X-Files Re-Opened: New Seasons From FOX (Season 11 Coming Soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Truth May Still Be Out There! The X-Files potentially back!

I started with episode one back in 93 when it was on Sunday night's. I still can't believe it's gonna be on again.

Anyone doing a rewatch before it returns?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I will try and get a rewatch in before next year. It's been awhile since I watched more than a few episodes.

I think I've watched the entire show about 5 times now, it just never gets old, the chemistry between Gillian and David is just perfection. The show was ok when David left but it just lacked, his acting plus Mulder's character is just very unique. I know they tried to make Reyes a sort of new Mulder and have Scully more open to his way of thinking but they just never felt like he did.

So what's the deal with this, are they picking things up after the second film, or is it a new direction?

Haven't been in the loop enough with this, sorry. :lol

Yea, it's a continuation of the story not a reboot.

So does everyone have a favorite episode? I easily have a top 10 list, but I'd say my most favorite is Closure, they did such a good job of making you feel invested in Mulder's search for answers with Samantha, to finally have that come to an end was so gratifying and the way it was done was perfect.

This series in general did a great job of making you feel emotionally invested in the characters, Scully's cancer, the burning of the X-Files office, finding Mulder dead, Mulder's resurrection, every one of those moments, I felt like I was going through it with them, I was ready to throw my remote at the TV at the end of "This Isn't Happening" and I was on edge the whole episode of "Dead Alive" waiting to see if Mulder came back true Mulder or some plot twist and the relief of having him back was great, I even fell for it that moment he teases Scully like he has no memory.

I saw "The End" after seeing season 6-9, so I knew everything would be ok, but to this day, every time I see the part with Mulder and Scully standing in the ruins, I feel like I would if that'd been my life I was staring around at.

I started with episode one back in 93 when it was on Sunday night's. I still can't believe it's gonna be on again.

Gotta correct myself - X-Files started on Friday night and was later moved to Sunday night.:slap I guess it has been a while.:lol

I think I've watched the entire show about 5 times now, it just never gets old, the chemistry between Gillian and David is just perfection. The show was ok when David left but it just lacked, his acting plus Mulder's character is just very unique. I know they tried to make Reyes a sort of new Mulder and have Scully more open to his way of thinking but they just never felt like he did.

I started to tune out when Reyes and Doggett showed up (and is why I only picked up season's 1 - 5 on DVD). I like Robert Patrick and if they were part of a spin-off series I might have been OK but you can't replace Mulder & Scully IMO.

So does everyone have a favorite episode? I easily have a top 10 list, but I'd say my most favorite is Closure, they did such a good job of making you feel invested in Mulder's search for answers with Samantha, to finally have that come to an end was so gratifying and the way it was done was perfect.

This series in general did a great job of making you feel emotionally invested in the characters, Scully's cancer, the burning of the X-Files office, finding Mulder dead, Mulder's resurrection, every one of those moments, I felt like I was going through it with them, I was ready to throw my remote at the TV at the end of "This Isn't Happening" and I was on edge the whole episode of "Dead Alive" waiting to see if Mulder came back true Mulder or some plot twist and the relief of having him back was great, I even fell for it that moment he teases Scully like he has no memory.

I saw "The End" after seeing season 6-9, so I knew everything would be ok, but to this day, every time I see the part with Mulder and Scully standing in the ruins, I feel like I would if that'd been my life I was staring around at.

So many great episodes - Here's a few of my favorites in no particular order:

- Home

- Jersey Devil

- Deep Throat

- Our Town (can't watch a KFC commercial without thinking of Chako Chicken:lol)

- Fallen Angel

- Shapes

Decided to start my rewatch last night :). It's funny watching those first few episodes, going back to 1993, no mobile phones, no internet, such old cars lol. But this show just had it from the beginning if you ask me. Such intriguing storylines and Mulder and Scully work so well off of each other.

Hulu has the whole series remastered. I ripped my favorites last week.

- Home

- Our Town (can't watch a KFC commercial without thinking of Chako Chicken:lol)

- Fallen Angel

I don't know what it is about them, but Home and Our Town are really out there plots but I always enjoy when they come up in the season. I love Darkness Falls. I love the episodes with Max Fenig, the two parter with his plane crashing is a great entry.

I'll admit, guilty pleasure, I really enjoy X-Cops.

Decided to start my rewatch last night :). It's funny watching those first few episodes, going back to 1993, no mobile phones, no internet, such old cars lol. But this show just had it from the beginning if you ask me. Such intriguing storylines and Mulder and Scully work so well off of each other.

It's amazing to look back and see everything just started clicking and worked right from the first episode, it's so rare for a show to really hit the mark of where it would go from the first episode, usually they evolve but the pilot here set the tone for the series perfectly.

Tooms is one of my favorites. Creepy AF villain and it helps that he already has backstory from Squeeze. Plus the introduction of Skinner and CSM becomes a regular. The more recurring characters really helps fill out world.

Skinner is huge for me, I really love his inclusion and I like how his position always puts him in place to be questionable if he's friend or foe. We know where he usually comes bout but the lines are often blurred with him having to play both sides for the greater good. I was glad he made a cameo in I Want To Believe.

CSM was a great villain, the Gunmen were perfect allies. X was a great follow up to Deep Throat. I always enjoy a Krycek story too, that guy was the perfect ****** villain.

It was all about the CSM for me, probably one of my favorite characters.

I think one of my favorite momenta with CSM was when Skinner threatened him to reveal the data tape contents through thr Navajo tribe, first time the man above all was put in place. That and when Skinner shot just to the side of him in his apartment, truly terrified.

I don't know if I can pinpoint a particular episode as a favorite, but my favorite arc was the one that involved Mr X. I loved this character. The epitome of what The X-Files are. No one is either good or bad. I loved the fight between Skinner and X. It was epic.

Back