The X-Files Re-Opened: New Seasons From FOX (Season 11 Coming Soon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Truth May Still Be Out There! The X-Files potentially back!

Cool! I'd love to see more X-Files, especially after the disappointing second movie. I agree that a limited series is the way to go. I wish more shows would do 8-13 episodes a season and get the stories done well. Too many stretch out the season with a lot of filler.

I love the idea of a new X-Files, but to be honest, and I swear I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather they reboot it with new actors playing the same characters but modernized. Idk that I really care to see old agents now doing the same old thing of hunting down alien conspiracies.

I hate reboots in general, but I think in this case it could work out pretty well.

Cool! I'd love to see more X-Files, especially after the disappointing second movie. I agree that a limited series is the way to go. I wish more shows would do 8-13 episodes a season and get the stories done well. Too many stretch out the season with a lot of filler.

I actually liked the filler episodes dealing with monsters and unique villains more than the "main" episodes dealing with the Aliens and the black liquid thing in people's eyes. I also liked the funny episodes.

I personally loved the mythology, even though it got out of hand after the movie and they obviously didn't know what to do with it after that...

Most disappointing series finale that has ever existed. What. A. Letdown.

Most disappointing series finale that has ever existed. What. A. Letdown.

Yeah, it was bad....real bad. Roseanne (tv show) had a pretty bad ending too, maybe worse because it made everything that happened in a 10 year show, irrelevant and pointless :lol

Yeah, but Roseanne was a sitcom. Not a dramatic series that had an actual story to tell...that went absolutely nowhere. Nowhere at all.

Besides, I just ignore the whole last season of Roseanne. :lol

The X-Files returns.

Thirteen years after the original series run, FOX has ordered the next mind-bending chapter of “The X-Files,” a thrilling, six-episode event series which will be helmed by creator/executive producer Chris Carter with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson re-inhabiting their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. This marks the momentous return of the Emmy- and Golden Globe Award-winning pop culture phenomenon, which remains one of the longest-running sci-fi series in network television history.

The announcement was made today by Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group and Chris Carter, creator and executive producer of “The X-Files.” Production on “The X-Files” event series is set to begin in summer 2015. Further details remain under wraps and will be announced at a later date.

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” said Carter. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

“We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of ‘The X-Files’ — one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers — and we couldn’t be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again,” remarked Newman and Walden. “‘The X-Files’ was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning. Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as ‘The X-Files,’ and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they’ve been waiting for.”

“The X-Files” originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny) as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

Produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Ten Thirteen Productions, “The X-Files” is created and executive-produced by Chris Carter

Dexter has the worst series finale and worst final season imho, damn awful.

The X-Files is one of my favourite shows of all time.

I can't believe anyone would prefer a reboot with different actors playing Mulder and Scully. A new show with other characters I could handle, but even then I wouldn't be interested.

Also the idea of rebooting 24 is ridiculous in my mind. They already had 8 full seasons, plus the 12 episode mini series. Just replacing Kiefer with some new guy isn't going to refresh the series. Maybe in 20 years time they can re do, but it's too early to be rebooting shows that were still on the air last decade.

I think Battlestar Galactica was a great reboot as the 70's show was very outdated. The BBC have done a great job continuing Doctor Who without erasing the past.

I'm really looking forward to these episodes and it's lucky David and Gillian are able to fit filming in between their own respective shows.

I heard they might bring this back. Heard the same about Prison Break.

SnakeDoc

The X-Files is one of my favorite shows ever (as I'm drinking coffee out of the X-Files mug I've been using since '94) and was blown away when I heard about this. I just hope they can somehow move past the 2nd movie like it never happened.:lol I really think this show has potential considering how TV shows (Hannibal, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad etc...) have pushed the limits since X-Files ended.

I hope they bring flukeman back. That scared the **** out of me as a kid. :lol

I remember going to an X-Files convention held in a huge hanger at the former USMCAS El Torro, California and en route to the hanger they had Men in Black type guys in black SUVs on every corner giving it an errie but extremely cool vibe. :rock

I never saw that he last season, does it suck? I heard it sucked

I remember going to an X-Files convention held in a huge hanger at the former USMCAS El Torro, California and en route to the hanger they had Men in Black type guys in black SUVs on every corner giving it an errie but extremely cool vibe. :rock

That had to be a blast. I hope that this final season spawns a few decent collectibles. I bought the SSC Mulder & Scully figures for my Wife around 10 years ago which were great for the time but don't really hold up too well by today's standards.

Yes, on an astronomic scale... But I may be biased as I don't think the X files were any good after season 5...

I gave up during Season 6. I have Season's 1 - 5 on DVD and never even considered the others.

Last edited:

Season 8 was semi-decent with Robert Patrick in it as Agent Doggett and the search for Mulder. I don't think I watched much of season 9. If memory serves the first couple of episodes bored me senseless, which really put me off.

Back