The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, totally agree guys! It's also annoying how everytime he's cutting a promo it ends with "feed me ... (usually more)".

As far as in-ring goes, he's passable (by today's standards), but his mic skills are ... meh.

Although it was nice to hear him quote the great Owen Hart at the Slammy's. :lecture

Maybe Barrett and Ziggler but I can't stand Cesaro.

That guy is phenomenal! Have you seen him deliver that europian uppercut to the Khali off the 2nd rope. That was a thing of beauty!

They need to stop giving that Ryback guy the mic.

He's more imposing if he doesn't talk & just bashes skulls in & his finisher looks weak.

I think Cesaro is the best thing about WWE today. He's as good as anyone in the ring (in the past I would have said, after Bryan, but Bryan's been reduced to a gimmick comedy wrestler now), he's big and strong as all hell, and he's able to get the fans to hate him.

If the WWE don't get their act together, in 10 years they will be back in the high school gyms. WWE is just horrible. The WWE just catered to little kids, not even teenagers but small kids. I think wrestling days are numbered, people know how real fights goes down with mma. Wrestlers stumbling and waiting to take a punch looked just silly. Look at the Big Show, this guy can singlehanded killed all the roster. The guy is 7 feet over 400lbs and the wwe made him looked like a clown. The best wrestling era was the NWA 80's till 88.

If the WWE don't get their act together, in 10 years they will be back in the high school gyms. WWE is just horrible. The WWE just catered to little kids, not even teenagers but small kids. I think wrestling days are numbered, people know how real fights goes down with mma. Wrestlers stumbling and waiting to take a punch looked just silly. Look at the Big Show, this guy can singlehanded killed all the roster. The guy is 7 feet over 400lbs and the wwe made him looked like a clown. The best wrestling era was the NWA 80's till 88.

They've been pulling in roughly $100 million per fiscal quarter for the last few years I think they're pretty safe.:lol

While there may be some overlap I think the wrestling and MMA crowds are pretty different. When I go to a WWE event I don't care that Big Show is made to look like a clown since I know it's a work. If they're putting on a good show, who cares?:dunno

I don't know about that. WWE has its good and bad points, but I don't think it's significantly worse than it was over the last decade. I'm also a big fan of old school NWA, though even there it was a mixed bag if you ever watch old episodes of the shows on WWE Classics.

Yeah, totally agree guys! It's also annoying how everytime he's cutting a promo it ends with "feed me ... (usually more)".

As far as in-ring goes, he's passable (by today's standards), but his mic skills are ... meh.

Although it was nice to hear him quote the great Owen Hart at the Slammy's. :lecture

What quote did he use of Owen's? Wasn't Owen great? He was such an underrated promo.

I haven't watched much WWE in the last 10 years but I do read the news occassionally. I thought Ryback sounded interesting, like a Goldberg character, so I've been meaning to check him out. Now that I'm hearing he can't cut a promo I've lost interest.

What quote did he use of Owen's? Wasn't Owen great? He was such an underrated promo.

He used "enough is enough and it's time for a change".

My favorite Owen promo is the one he did before SummerSlam '94. Dark arena in the cage with Neidhart maniacally laughing in the background. Sadly I can't find it on YouTube.

That guy is phenomenal! Have you seen him deliver that europian uppercut to the Khali off the 2nd rope. That was a thing of beauty!

Not saying he is a bad wrestler just saying he is someone who i'll pass on with his america remarks.

Owen was my favorite wrestler in the mid-90s, but I really disliked what WWE did with him after Bret left, including the Time 4 A Change thing, the Nation of Domination, and the Blue Blazer return. I wonder if Ryback even knew he was doing a former Owen quote. Guy seems kind of clueless to me.

Ryback is fine. He is over with the crowds and the character is better than the Skip Sheffield gimmick that he previously had. As long as people are buying his merchandise and chanting his catchphrase...that's all the WWE cares about.

WWE has it's strong points. CM Punk is gold as always. Cesaro & Barrett are great mid card champions and I'm happy the WWE is giving the tag team division another try (I love the Team Hell No pair of Kane/Bryan). The future looks bright will the talent they've stockpiled in NXT Full Sail. I'm looking forward to seeing Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero) and Ritchie Steamboat get call-ups. I like the Alberto Del Rio face turn. His character turned stale pretty quick and the turn is working (unlike the Miz which still seems off).

I don't care for a lot of the PG stuff. Cena's humor is so canned and corny. Dolph Ziggler should've been elevated to main event status on the card by now instead of thrown in a group with rookie Big E Langston & AJ. The Divas Division needs another overhaul (Beth Phoenix, Kharma, Eve, Kelly Kelly, and the Bellas have all left within a years time). Cody Rhodes had so much promise...until he grew that stupid moustache. I'm fearful that creative doesn't really have a plan for the Shield (or any other faction that they can concoct).

Dolph Ziggler should've been elevated to main event status on the card by now instead of thrown in a group with rookie Big E Langston & AJ. The Divas Division needs another overhaul (Beth Phoenix, Kharma, Eve, Kelly Kelly, and the Bellas have all left within a years time).

The fact that WWE are still farting around with Ziggler is beyond me, the guy is a fantastic worker. His selling and general ring demeanor elevate his standard matches into something more exciting, something that cant be said for Super Cena.

I love the Divas division, with RAW at three hours its nice to have a break so i can make a drink or visit the toilet.

I love the Divas division, with RAW at three hours its nice to have a break so i can make a drink or visit the toilet.

Well now you have the random Great Khali/Hornswoggle/Natalya pairing to take it's place. :lol

Back