The WWE Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, Carlito will be in the RR tonight :D......now that's cool:fireworks:blissy:bunnydanc

Carlito took to Twitter....he didn't say he wasn't in Phoenix...but said:"Heard a rumor that Im in the rumble. So I ordered the ppv & a pizza & will mark the F%*# out sitting on my couch when I see my entrance!" He added "So my apologies to the 1 or 2 people who bought the ppv just to see me, lol!!!"

Even Matt Striker is shooting down the rumor through twitter as well. He said: "No, no apples.. sorry "know it all's " ur wrong on that one... I'm shocked ur not savvy enough to figure it out! #royalrumble"

Too bad Vince doesn't like the idea of Goldust vs Cody...Would love to see those real life brothers go one on one with each other.

Still, I think the guy is lame and beyond stale. Still trying to figure out his appeal. Only thing I know is that he plays backstage politics just as bad as Hogan in his heyday...

I didn't get all the outcomes I wanted, but that was a damn fun ppv to watch. The only low point, imo, was when all the energy was sucked from the arena after

Spoiler Spoiler:

Almost too obvious... Rock v Cena at WM, Cena wins the title for the first time in a year and a half... yawn.

Punk v UT at WM?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a triple threat between the Rock vs Cena vs Punk...

If it's Cena vs Rock II...I'd imagine having the Rock job to Cena as payback from last years Wrestlemania. Seems too predictable. Even by WWE standards.

Gotta say that I was really, really let down with the ppv. The event seemed uninspired and lackluster from top to bottom.

Yeah, pretty predictable. Worst thing of this all, to me, is the way Punk has been going overboard with the chicken**** heel routine ever since turning heel. Despite holding the title so long, it seems like he was only able to win matches through interference, and so he didn't feel like an elite wrestler on the order of Cena, HHH, etc. So when you see him against Rock, you know there is no way he could win if they wrestled straight-up before the match even starts. In other words, he's still not a top-tier challenger for titles like even Seamus or Big Show is right now IMO.

Congrats to the Rock! We saw it coming for a year but I still marked out like I was 13 years old!
You whippersnapper!

Tonight made history for me as a wrestling fan.

It was the first time I was jumping up and down happy that cena won a match, not that him winning royal rumble was not the second most horrible thing that could have happend... The first would have been that utterly abysmal specimen Ryback winning.

True dat. Hard for me to imagine Ryback in the WM main event though, so it seemed obvious to me who was going to win once it got down to the final 3. McMahon's tendency to swerve was the only thing giving me any pause :lol

The results of the Rumble and Title match were obvious and I hated the results. Rock winning really undermines both Punk and the full time top tier roster. If you want to give the title to a part time guy then here is what I would have liked happen:

Punk vs Rock goes down the same way, selling the attack on the Rock by the Shield. Vince comes out and right as he is going to strip Punk, lights go out, then...Undertaker bells toll as the lights come back on. He just stares down Vince and then stares at Punk in the ring, just says "It wasn't the Shield...it was me!" Could throw in a cut to the Shield down in back. Punk and Vince in shock as they both thought it was the Shield. End of PPV, Punk still champ.

At RAW, Taker comes out to explains his motives. He doesn't want a mid/high card match, he wants to face Punk with his title streak against Takers Wrestlemania streak in the main event. At Wrestlemania, Taker beats Punk for the belt in the main event. From there, it could go several ways. Have Ziegler cash in the Money In The Bank shot after the match and have Taker pass the torch or you could have Taker beat Ziegler. The next night at Raw if Taker beats Ziegler, Taker retires as the champion and then there is a championship tournament set up.

This lets Undertaker get his last match in a Wrestlemania as a main event and one last title win to cement his legacy. Being one of the most respected guys in the locker room, he would deserve this kind of legendary send off instead of the Rock.

Would have been easier if Taker would have come back and won the Rumble.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I was so happy that Ryback did not win the Royal Rumble. I'm also glad that The Rock shut CM Punks mouth by winning the title. And best of all, my all time favorite wrestler is back. Y2J!!!:clap:yess:

I was so happy that Ryback did not win the Royal Rumble. I'm also glad that The Rock shut CM Punks mouth by winning the title. And best of all, my all time favorite wrestler is back. Y2J!!!:clap:yess:

Yeah he beat Punk so he can lay down on the canvas for Cena at Wrestlemania for the 3 count and hand him the belt. This will make up for all the 8 year old's tears at last year's event. I'm not watching any more when it's this obvious. It's clearly a children's only show now and they have made it clear they don't want adults to watch it.

Back