The Worst LOTR PF (Period)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the Worst PF???

• Frodo

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Aragorn

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Gandalf

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Galadriel

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Berserker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Moria Orc

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
Yes I agree. I think these threads are all in fun and people should not get so worked up about it. It's just a harmless poll on a collectible, not a human being or someones ethnicity or religion.

For you maybe, but something newer members need to remember is that SS themselves often frequent these boards (though there was a time about 2 years ago that they had nearly stopped); and well I am sure that they aren't fond of the way things are often phrased. I for one would think it tragic if they felt that user's "brave" comments made from their internet fortresses kept them from interacting. To see your work bashed and talked about so crassly just isn't going to accomplish anything, though I am sure that constructive comments will always be welcome.

:cool:

It could have been called "least favorite"? It's just in this time when the feeling is that LotR product may be on it's last legs, that we don't need to be starting another thread complaining about what I think is the strongest LotR line still in production.

But in the spirit of "least favorite" - for me it's Gandalf. The sculpt is great and in proportion, the outfit and accessories are fantastic - perfect execution - but the pose is a bit awkward. If displayed on a shelf with other PFs, you can't even see Gandalf's face because he's looking down, especially if you center the name plate so it faces out.

There are things I'd change on Galadriel and Frodo - mainly the lip paint. Lurtz is great, but I'm more about main characters - so my favorite would have to be ARagorn - perfect pose, perfect sculpt, perfect execution all around.

Ah well....there's always a "Debbie Downer" lurking about...

I don't have any of the PFs, but to go against the tide of this thread, I'll say my "favorite" would be the Aragon piece. If I only had the room....:)

And that Lutrz piece is really cool...wish a 1:6 scale one would be produced...

Speaking of sixth-scale....back to the celebration over Gandalf...one of the best efforts from Sideshow yet!

Who are the 3 morons that voted for Lurtz? :duh

Someone having fun i'm presuming as Lurtz would go close to taking the title of the best.:cool:

I only own Lurtz and Aragorn at this stage and i consider them the best two with Aragorn taking it as he is my fav character along with GTG which hopefully turns up sooner rather than later.:D

I'm stunned that 3 people chose to vote Lurtz as the worst LOTR PF figure. I mean, come on guys, even as a joke?!

I'm very proud to own the exclusive version of this statue, and I can honestly say that I think it's one of the best pieces SS have ever produced. The face sculpt is flawless, almost photorealistic - and the clothing is beautifully reproduced. The pose, where a lot of PF's fall down, is absolutely spot on. SS were very brave to go for a 'walking' pose, but they pulled it off superbly well.

Oh, and let's not forget that Lurtz should certainly be up for the award for 'best PF exclusive'. The alternative 'longbow hands' on the exclusive version are simply incredible - actually improving an already perfect statue! (I definitely prefer them to the regular version's sword/shield arrangement)

Every time I look at this guy, I'm stunned by the artistry that went into it's creation.

So, you Lurtz jokers - sort it out, yeah?!

Rant over.

~ D ~

Last edited:
Although I don't actually own any, I've seen many 'in hand' pics and from that I would have to go with GTW as my least favourite.

It is overall an incredible line and has so much potential, if they keep making them as they have been recently (Aragorn,Orc,Uruk-Hai etc) this line will rule them all :rock
x

Gandalf for his awkward pose and cartoony face.

You know, after looking at some more pics of the Gandy PF from various angles I think I will have to switch my vote from Galadriel to Gandalf. That head is just awful. It looks like a caricature instead of a likeness. You could probably watch the movies projected onto his forehead. :monkey4

My vote for favorite goes to Aragorn, who just inches out Lurtz.

3 people voted for Lurtz....3!!!

Does anyone really think that Lurtz is a bad sculpture? Whomever voted for it...

What's wrong with you????:p

3 people voted for Lurtz....3!!!

Does anyone really think that Lurtz is a bad sculpture? Whomever voted for it...

What's wrong with you????:p

i'm sure that it's just people not taking such polls seriously. basically there's always someone here than wants to stir the pot up. :cool:

Yeah, I don't think anyone seriously was voting for Lurtz.

I really do think Gandalf gets a bit of a bad rap. He's certainly flawed and doesn't photograph very well, but he's a pretty nice looking piece in person. Of course having gotten him for around $150 shipped also affects my opinion.

Back