The Worst LOTR PF (Period)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the Worst PF???

• Frodo

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Aragorn

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Gandalf

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • Galadriel

Votes: 44 41.5%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Berserker

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Moria Orc

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
Yup, as Ringer said, its pretty much the face paint job, the general sculpt is pretty good, best base of all the LOTR PF's so far and when you start to have a closer look, the overall costume is also very good, it looks and feels just like you would expect it too.

So basically, its much the same as Galadriel's lip paint, once you get past that (or get it fixed), you then have a very good LOTR PF. Why SS (or New Line as the case may be) keep stuffing up the specific 'human' characters like this I'll never know.

As for Frodo, as I mentioned above the main issue is his mouth being painted all the same color -- just add a little black or darker brown on the inside and it looks a lot better. I wouldn't go so far as to say that a good repaint will really make the Elijah Wood likeness come out. I think the sculpt is a little weak, frankly. But if you can get him for a decent price, I would absolutely do it. His outfit, pose, and base are all great, and I personally find it difficult to have a LOTR PF collection without the main character.

Frodo is my second favorite just behind Aragorn; and then Lurtz. :cool:

None are bad, and I would agree that these threads do more harm than good.

I'd say my favorites go in this order....Lurtz, Aragorn, Gandalf, frodo. I don't have galadriel and will be looking forward to the moria orc and berserker. I think they are all great. Like any pf or statue some may be better than others but none are bad...

PS - if someone gets galadriel and doesn't want her just send her to me...:D

The only thing Frodo had against him is the production paint job but other than that he is perfect all around in my opinion. Some people repaint it and you can really see EW in the sculpt.

Does'nt look anything like EW..the headsculpt is awful.The tiny Crack of Doom headsculpt is a lot better so how does that work??
1-Lurtz
2-Aragorn
3 and 4 will be the Berserker and Moria Orc.I won't include Gandalf or Galadriel as they are even worse than Frodo.

Last edited:
This poll is panning out pretty well exactly as I suspected with Galadriel and GTW fighting it out for last place. I expected Frodo to get some votes as well though not as many as the bottom two. How anyone could vote Lurtz, Aragorn, the MO, or the Berserker as the worst PF of the lot however is beyond me? :confused:

I voted Lurtz, just because he's, well, the best. Is that retarded? Remedial? Maybe. But the fact is, they're all great in one way or another.

Why are we searching for which one is in most need of ridicule? If anything, we should be wondering which is most deserving of praise. This thread is ill-conceived, really.

Why are we searching for which one is in most need of ridicule? If anything, we should be wondering which is most deserving of praise. This thread is ill-conceived, really.

it's really just two sides of the same coin, isn't it? It's difficult to talk about which are the worst without touching on which are the best. I've seen a lot of "best/worst" threads in the past. I'm not sure why everyone is so up in arms about this one.

it's really just two sides of the same coin, isn't it? It's difficult to talk about which are the worst without touching on which are the best. I've seen a lot of "best/worst" threads in the past. I'm not sure why everyone is so up in arms about this one.

I can only speak for myself, but it sure sets a tone in threads and areas that put the board in a negative spirit. It is downer to have to constantly read, this is the worst, SS needs to back off this, etc .... not only that but constructive criticism is always best; and well, this isn't all that constructive.

:peace

I've seen a lot of "best/worst" threads in the past. I'm not sure why everyone is so up in arms about this one.

Yes I agree. I think these threads are all in fun and people should not get so worked up about it. It's just a harmless poll on a collectible, not a human being or someones ethnicity or religion.

Back