The Wolf Of Wall Street

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got out, and I must say that it was a fantastic film. It was absolutely the debaucheryfest that it was made out to be, but, by no means, do I think that detracts anything from the film. It was quite a film and DiCaprio definitely did an incredible job. Definitely one of the top films of last year.

He was brilliant but I doubt he will beat Chiwetel Ejiofor. I know who my money is on.

Leo did a great job in this film but it wasn't his best performance to-date. Certainly not better than Chitwetel. He should get the oscar.

We shall see, Chitwetel hasn't won any of the other awards that puts most favorites in place to win the Oscar (SAG,Golden Globe etc.)

Leo did a great job in this film but it wasn't his best performance to-date. Certainly not better than Chitwetel. He should get the oscar.
But the Oscars aren't merit-based awards. It's hype/promotion, mixed with some political correctness, freshness of the movies/performances in the minds of voters, and sometimes, a lifetime achievement orientation.

We shall see, Chitwetel hasn't won any of the other awards that puts most favorites in place to win the Oscar (SAG,Golden Globe etc.)

Yea the oscars are full of **** she doesn't deserve a nom I hated her in the movie .

Not sure I am in favour of another hour of extended sex scenes and swearing. Maybe the theatrical cut is where it should be left :dunno

When Steve interviewed Martin Scorsese‘s longtime editor Thelma Schoonmaker for The Wolf of Wall Street, she revealed that the assembly cut (i.e., the editor’s first cut of the picture) was about four hours long, and while a lot of people “loved it” at that length, it was too long meet the distribution demands of the studio, which capped out at three hours (the final cut was 179 minutes). They were able to reach their target not by cutting out whole scenes, but by trimming down what they had. Today, we’ve learned that the four-hour cut will be released on Blu-ray and DVD. Producers Joey McFarland and Riza Aziz say that while the most extreme moments remained in the final cut, there will be more uses of the word “****” (the movie already holds the record at 506, which is still 231 less than in Jordan Belfort’s memoir) and the sex scenes will run slightly longer.

10908535-1391449676-254127-jpg.459232

Back