The Wolf Of Wall Street

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back! WOW!! What a movie... it has everything from Comedy to drama to suspense and a little action too.

The dialogue was top notch. I can see how the movie narrowly avoided an NC17 rating. The nudity and sex was plentiful. In fact, I cannot think of an R rated movie with as much as this had.

I have no idea how true this "true story" was but if even half of it was true... WOW!!

Leo was at the top of his game as always and Jonah Hill was great support.

Just saw this movie tonight. What an amazing movie very well done!

Can't believe this only has 77% on rotten tomatoes and American hustle has 94% WTF?? I almost fell asleep through American hustle and thought their was nothing very special about it we haven't seen before. I thought oceans eleven was 100x more entertaining than American hustle which was a similar movie.

Back to Wolf of Wall Street. Dicaprio is one amazing actor, I mean wow. He keeps pumping out hit after hit with oscar performances. The scene with the Lamborghini countach had me on the floor dying. Definitely getting this on blu ray.

Chris

Can't believe this only has 77% on rotten tomatoes and American hustle has 94% WTF?? I almost fell asleep through American hustle and thought their was nothing very special about it we haven't seen before. I thought oceans eleven was 100x more entertaining than American hustle which was a similar movie.

Back to Wolf of Wall Street. Dicaprio is one amazing actor, I mean wow. He keeps pumping out hit after hit with oscar performances. The scene with the Lamborghini countach had me on the floor dying. Definitely getting this on blu ray.

Chris

American Hustle was fantastic. It deserves every bit of acclaim that it's been given.

This movie was great. Hilarious and disturbing. Scoresese certainly knows how to pick great music for his films.

So it only has a 77% on RT? Not surprising considering how much sex and drugs are in this.

Chris

This in my opinion might be Dicaprio's best performance. I saw him go someplace with his character in a way I haven't seen before, and he's given some great performances. His physical comedy bits were great as well, and I never thought of him pulling off that sort of stuff.

[ame]https://youtu.be/pEsgW4UIA04[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/Caz4zDRSrdA[/ame]

Saw this today. Surprisingly enjoyed it more then I thought I would. Jonah's performance reminded me of Sean Penn's in Carlito's Way.

Saw this today. Surprisingly enjoyed it more then I thought I would. Jonah's performance reminded me of Sean Penn's in Carlito's Way.

Can I ask why you were surprised?

Scorsese and DiCaprio
Fantastic trailers
Intriguing content.

Just surprised anybody would be surprised they enjoyed it :lol

Can I ask why you were surprised?

Scorsese and DiCaprio
Fantastic trailers
Intriguing content.

Just surprised anybody would be surprised they enjoyed it :lol

That's not what I said. I said, "...more then I thought I would." Just meant it was better then I thought it would be. And that was because of the supporting cast as well. Great chemistry. These were people you love to hate.

That's not what I said. I said, "...more then I thought I would." Just meant it was better then I thought it would be. And that was because of the supporting cast as well. Great chemistry. These were people you love to hate.

Also, the trailers weren't that exciting, and didn't really show how crazy this movie was going to be. That's a good thing.

But surprised nevertheless. Your quote makes it sound like you had low expectations for the film and that is what surprised me.

Also, the trailers weren't that exciting, and didn't really show how crazy this movie was going to be. That's a good thing.

Exciting or not, the trailers are still excellent. If you can't get excited for this film after the trailers, there is no hope.

But surprised nevertheless. Your quote makes it sound like you had low expectations for the film and that is what surprised me.

Exciting or not, the trailers are still excellent. If you can't get excited for this film after the trailers, there is no hope.

No, your assumption made it sound like I had a low expectation. You're reading between the lines. Wall Street has been done to death. That's what the trailers make this movie seem what it's all about. As far as no hope, two people who weren't wowed by the trailer enjoyed this movie. :dunno

I didn't mean the trailer was bad, and I did want to see it after watching it. After seeing how crazy the film is, it was nice to see that the trailer didn't give too much away like most do.

I didn't mean the trailer was bad, and I did want to see it after watching it. After seeing how crazy the film is, it was nice to see that the trailer didn't give too much away like most do.

I agree with that. I hate it when trailers give so much away. As for this film I wouldn't know yet, it doesn't come out here until the 17th Jan but that is good to know :)

So true. Saw a few trailers yesterday that made feel like I already saw the whole movie.

I agree with that. I hate it when trailers give so much away. As for this film I wouldn't know yet, it doesn't come out here until the 17th Jan but that is good to know :)

Didn't realize you hadn't seen this yet. My bad for assuming. :slap

I probably would have waited to see this when it was released on DVD if I hadn't received free movie tickets for Christmas.

Back