The Witcher netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished watching yesterday and can't get that 'Toss a coin to your Witcher' song out my head.

I only played Witcher 3, but I cannot get enough Witcher. Loved the series. Was odd with the time jump, but it was for the payoff near the end, which worked. Cannot wait for Season 2 and I hope Hot Toys makes Cavill Witcher. I will toss a many coin for that Witcher!

I've never read the short stories or the novels and I've played Witcher 3 a few times but never once to completion. I dig the characters and the world but I was never fully invested in them until now. I finished up the first season and really liked what I saw. I actually thought the multiple time lines narrative was quite interesting and it gave the cliffhanger that much more of a punch. They've now got me hooked so they did their job.

As good as the show is, and its good, definitely read the first short story book. First story of that book is the Striga one. One thing I didn't like with the show and its minor: the portrayal of Foltest (the King). He was way more of a honorable type character than the vibe i got from the show.

For those with an xbox, witcher 2 is available and looks better than ever for a console version.

Witcher 1 is like under $2 on steam, but its more of a hack n slash type game. Not gonna be everyone's cup of tea.

Mark Hamill would make a great Vesemir. David Harbour as Eskel. Christopher Meloni as Lambert. Just for fun casting.

And agreed, 'Toss A Coin To Your Witcher' is pretty catchy

Last edited:
Loving the show. Cavill nails it and boy the yen transformation. Wow.

The one thing I don?t like as someone who played Witcher 3 is triss. She?s a good actress but looks nothing like the character.

The fight scenes are incredible too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no prior knowledge of The Witcher, but I was intrigued by the show, so I watched it.
Over all I think it's ok. I expected somewhat higher production values, this looked a bit cheap here and there...
I thought some of the acting was very wooden, especially Cavill, which is odd, since he's shown a lot more range and nuance than what we see here. This was mostly just "angry Superman", there was precious little of the charisma he can show. I really put it down to not very good directors, as I found some of the episodes a bit dodgy in their narrative.
I did like the overall multiple the narrative, but I feel it could've been handled better.
Still, I watched the whole damn thing in three days, so I liked it! :lol

I hope production values and directing pick up in next season.

I love Cavill, but when he does bruting or rough, it just doesn’t work. There’s something too aristocratic about him as an actor that it’s not convincing. I felt the same way watching him in Immortals.

So far I am not that impressed as the other folks here. Its pretty cool to see Geralt on the screen, but I find the show to be disjointed and miscast. With the exception of Cavell, the cast is all wrong in my eyes. They just miss the mark to me, some by a little most by alot.

The story is all over the place, I can understand the critics point of view. Of you had no frame of reference either from the books or games, you would be mostly lost halfway through the series. The story needs more context and world explanation to the new viewer than it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished the season and although it took me a couple of episodes to cotton on to the time skipping I thought it was excellent. Henry Cavill knocked it out of the park as Gerald. Bring on season 2!

I thought some of the acting was very wooden, especially Cavill, which is odd, since he's shown a lot more range and nuance than what we see here. This was mostly just "angry Superman", there was precious little of the charisma he can show.

I think he was trying to emulate the Geralt from the video games. I haven't read the books, and what I know from the games is from watching my brother play through Witcher 3 (which I just bought on Steam). I think he got close to the Geralt shown in Witcher 3. Witchers are supposedly supposed to show very little outward emotion.

A stoic lack of emotion is due to the mutation trials from becoming a Witcher. That's exactly how it's supposed to be.

I thought Henry did an awesome job, I was surprised at how spot on he sounded to game Geralt sometimes.

Never read the books or played the game, and only scrolled through the comics. So I didn't really know what to expect.

The title, The Witcher, implied to me something a bit more Dungeons & Dragons horror related, but the series actually feels like it has far more in common with Tolkien. Bar the language. :lol

In fact, it feels like Tolkien crossed with Hellboy. Geralt does a similar job to Hellboy, and has a similar attitude to his work. (He even made a gag about filing his horns down).

It was the dialogue and acting early in the first episode that grabbed me, and I'm now halfway through.

Back