The Witcher netflix series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much enjoyed the first season of Witcher. I thought Cavill nailed Geralt. I'm just bummed it's a Netflix production as they will inevitably cancel it after 2-3 seasons.

I very much enjoyed the first season of Witcher. I thought Cavill nailed Geralt. I'm just bummed it's a Netflix production as they will inevitably cancel it after 2-3 seasons.

It depends on two things, how many Netflix subscribers watch it and if the creators have it penned out for more than 2-3 seasons... Some series end after 2-3 years because that's all the creators intended it to last... That said I could see this series going on for 5+ years...

I just hope we get more than 8 episodes next season... eight episodes seem to be the magic number to test the first season nowadays... The Mandalorian only had 8 and some of those episodes weren't even 30 mins long...

I doubt that. The Witcher surpassed Mando in views

Loved this series.

The very last scene was the most magical of all.

The Battle of Sodden is a pretty big deal for the series and thought it kicked all kinds of ass. And like others that have commented, the way Cavill is playing Geralt is pretty close to how he is supposed to come across. I do think Cavill could tone down the 'voice' a tad...

I would be curious what the budget for this show was. The only time I saw the limitation on screen, were with majority of monsters....they looked ok, but a tad too cgi

Just about done with my re-read of The Last Wish. such a good book

Last edited:
Oh my bad....lol My first thought with that final scene: no more weird time jumps! Pretty cool final line to season 1.

The last episode was the only one where I wasn't sure that Geralt and Ciri were actually in the same time frame, until they finally met!

Toss a coin to yer Witcher modder.
D1D8EF10-F829-418C-B125-94EEC45B83B5.jpeg

I'm watching the second season of Lost in Space right now on Netflix, there's such a huge difference in the budget between that and The Witcher. I wonder if they'll up the budget for season 2.

I'm watching the second season of Lost in Space right now on Netflix, there's such a huge difference in the budget between that and The Witcher. I wonder if they'll up the budget for season 2.

Given the critical and fan reception I’d think so. GoT received a huge increase as its audience grew.
Netflix needs this series to succeed.

is that show worth checking out? It looks good but looks so different than the original show.

As to Witcher, I know it was filmed in Eastern Europe, so I wonder how low a budget this had? Cavill was probably the highest paid one on the crew aside from the producers, so lets hope season 2 is higher $$$

And why are mods not a thing for consoles yet? Lets hope if Xbox (series X) is as high powered as its rumored to be, want to see mods introduced.

is that show worth checking out? It looks good but looks so different than the original show.

As to Witcher, I know it was filmed in Eastern Europe, so I wonder how low a budget this had? Cavill was probably the highest paid one on the crew aside from the producers, so lets hope season 2 is higher $$$

And why are mods not a thing for consoles yet? Lets hope if Xbox (series X) is as high powered as its rumored to be, want to see mods introduced.

How does one "mod" in a console anyway? It's been years since I've owned one (my last was a PS3). :)

Lost in Space is ok, fun to watch but drags at times. As far as space Sci-Fi shows go, I think the Expanse is still the best. I'm hoping the Picard series is good.

It's a bit repetitive in that they get into a life or death situation every episode, but at least for the second season it's very entertaining and the FX are extremely good. There's probably more FX in one episode of Lost in Space than the entire season of the Witcher. And I don't think Lost in Space is that big of a deal for Netflix so I wonder why they were able to put so much into it. The cut corners in Witcher are very clear, like how the golden dragon doesn't really do anything, and they don't even show the djinn

It's a bit repetitive in that they get into a life or death situation every episode, but at least for the second season it's very entertaining and the FX are extremely good. There's probably more FX in one episode of Lost in Space than the entire season of the Witcher. And I don't think Lost in Space is that big of a deal for Netflix so I wonder why they were able to put so much into it. The cut corners in Witcher are very clear, like how the golden dragon doesn't really do anything, and they don't even show the djinn

Probably afraid of risk. Video Game shows haven't done well historically. I know this came from the books, but many know the Witcher from the games.

The real danger to the series is its show runner or other “creative powers” injecting wokeness into the characters and stories. Netflix has had a problem with that in other series but I think someone high enough at corporate HQ put the brakes on it because they need this to be a success and not a social experiment.

Last edited:
The real danger to the series is its show runner or other “creative powers” injecting wokeness into the characters and stories. Netflix has had a problem with that in other series but I think someone high enough at corporate HQ put the brakes on it because they need this to be a success and not a social experiment.

Honest question - where? I'm fatigued of clumsy virtue signaling, but at no point in The Witcher did I feel the urge to roll my eyes.

Unless you're talking about some characters apparently not being as pale as they are in the books...?

Finished the first season. I really enjoyed this series and found the different timelines quite easy to follow. Sometimes they were just subtle, one line hints, but they did a good job of showing all three characters along their journey's.

I've really enjoyed the characters. Loved Queen Calanthe, what a shame she is not around for long. Looking forward to season 2.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back