The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saw the rerun...when Rick was running, he reach a small group of walker eating on someone, he use a knife on them but he broke it and cut himself. Then he switch to machete to finish them off. That is when he start to look at his hand.

Glen's alive, 100% sure. They wouldn't have had Nicholas fall on top of him otherwise. They walker were eating Nick and Glen was just freaking about what just happened. Now he'll be covered in blood and guts and be able to slip out of the herd like in season 1 and Terminus Carol. They haven' t used that trick in a while.

They've never made a death ambiguous unless the character wasn't actually dead. Closest they ever came was the Governor's death and that was done more for artistic reasons than anything else.

If they ever kill Glen, we're going to know he's dead.

Not sure how I feel about the Morgan flashback episode next week. I think its going to disrupt the momentum and flow of the other episodes. It probably should have been the season opener instead.

All that blood and guts is fresh from Nicholas though. The only way to disguise yourself is with rotten guts. Nicholas is fresh as can be. Then there's the fact that Glenn is screaming and flailing around with his head exposed. That herd of walkers don't hear or see him down on the ground as they swarm him? C'mon. :lol

You're right though, he's going to get out of it, especially after that crap on Talking Dead. This is so contrived and stupid. If they had no intention of him dying, then don't write the situation this way as a cheap cliffhanger. There should be no reasonable explanation for him to get out of this one, but there will be.

Just saw the rerun...when Rick was running, he reach a small group of walker eating on someone, he use a knife on them but he broke it and cut himself. Then he switch to machete to finish them off. That is when he start to look at his hand.

Ah, okay. Thank you.

All that blood and guts is fresh from Nicholas though. The only way to disguise yourself is with rotten guts. Nicholas is fresh as can be. Then there's the fact that Glenn is screaming and flailing around with his head exposed. That herd of walkers don't hear or see him down on the ground as they swarm him? C'mon. :lol

You're right though, he's going to get out of it, especially after that crap on Talking Dead. This is so contrived and stupid. If they had no intention of him dying, then don't write the situation this way as a cheap cliffhanger. There should be no reasonable explanation for him to get out of this one, but there will be.

We don't know if fresh blood works or if only rotten blood works...

After rewatching this.... I do indeed think Glenn is alive. No big sendoff. No nod to Maggie. No "In Memorium" on The Talking Dead. The comments from the producer. He was not on The Talking Dead.

Remember... Just Survive Somehow.... Glenn survives somehow...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Ah, okay. Thank you.

We don't know if fresh blood works or if only rotten blood works...

After rewatching this.... I do indeed think Glenn is alive. No big sendoff. No nod to Maggie. No "In Memorium" on The Talking Dead. The comments from the producer. He was not on The Talking Dead.

Remember... Just Survive Somehow.... Glenn survives somehow...

Fresh blood has a distinct smell/taste that attracts the walkers. If it didn't, the walkers wouldn't want to eat living people and would eat each other instead.

Nicholas isn't rotten. He just shot himself a second before. When we've seen the whole walker disguise thing with Rick, Glenn and Carol, it's with dead, rotten, walker guts that they've taken the time to put on and walk within a group. It masks their smell and the walkers don't notice them because they smell like THEM. Nicholas' fresh, warm blood is all over an equally fresh Glenn who is lying on the ground kicking and screaming as a huge group swarms him in a feeding session. What are the walkers doing? Eating the fresh blood, flesh, guts and intestines. Glenn should have zero chance here.

I had thought about it but I don't want to spoil the show for me.

Read the comics!!!! They're SO good, and you can buy the HUGE books now. I've bought the hardcover books, which are 12 issues each, so a full year. Reading them is amazing, as they flow SO beautifully when you have that much to read! And you'll have soooo many to read! It'll be some of the best reading in your life, I guarantee!

The best part is, it won't ruin the show. I read both, and the show has altered enough away from it that they're basically their own entities now. Even Kirkman has said that! So don't deny yourself the true treasure that are the Walking Dead comics -- especially those first years! It's still great, but there's something so amazing about getting to read full years non-stop! I've been doing it monthly for...oh man, many, many years now, but you're in for a treat if you start picking them up!

As for Glenn, we can talk about it without spoiler tags now, right? Yeah, it's aired everywhere at this point, I believe.

There's no way Glenn is dead. No way! It was a SUPERB scene had he died flat out. It would've been heart-wrenching, and I'd definitely have gotten teary eyed. I've saved it, because as weird as it is, IF he is dead, I want to go back and watch the scene with the emotion it should have had...and I have the bizarre ability to do that. :lol

But yeah, if he was going to die, you make it obvious. You don't leave this speculation because then his death is HUGELY anti-climactic, when it should be a truly sad moment. It would have been! I watched it again after it happened, and it was shot to look like his insides were being eaten; however, when they pull away and start to cover, it looks like he's not being eaten and may be able to pull himself underneath the dumpster or something along those lines.

In short, I think he's alive simply because all this "maybe" they've left in the air would truly take away from what should have been a special and sad moment for Walking Dead fans. If that was how he went out, you show him being knocked into the walkers, and you show him being eaten so there's no denying it...then you mourn him as a viewer. None of that happened, so I can't see him being dead...it'd be a HUGE waste of the death of a main character (arguably second to Rick, alongside Daryl.)

I'd be fine and hugely saddened by his death had it been definitive. It would have been in true Walking Dead fashion to go out that way! Shocking, and just sad. That said, he's gotta be alive because it'd be terrible to have his actual death be reduced to a confirmation an episode or two later. I'm going all in that he's alive...and Snoop, with that explanation, you have to still find the intensity in the show! If that WAS his death, I'd actually feel a loss of intensity, because it just seemed so unbelievable because of how up in the air they left it.

Make it definitive so we can be sad and mourn instantly...otherwise, the moment is ruined. Wow, did I just say the same thing about 20 times! :lol #GlennIsAlive! :lol

Agreed. He's not dead. When one of the characters we've become attached to dies, it's pretty clear. That and Talking Dead spoiled it.

As much as I like Glenn..if he survived it would be just stupid...

Another thing that bothered me ..how the heck did Morgan made it back so fast and the others take FOREVER... looks like so far away...sitll could hear the horn just nearby ...

Morgans a friggin ninja! So he's faster then most humans. :lol Looks like next weeks episode will show us all about Morgan's progression.

As for the Death from last night. Yes... I think it would silly that anyone could have survived that!

If Glenn is alive then he was saved by a water skiing Fonzie

I am team Glenn is dead...it would totally cheapen the show if he wasn't

At the very least, Glenn's possible death has brought a lot of the lurkers out of the woodwork to comment. :lol

Glenn is not dead and there are plausible explanations as to how he could get out of the situation he is in. The writers have never left a character's death as ambiguous as they left Glenn's. He will be back.

I can see Glenn pulling himself out and underneath the dumpster. No idea how long he'd have to hide out for that herd to disapate though. Great episode either way. This season really has hit the ground running.

As much as I like Glenn..if he survived it would be just stupid...

Another thing that bothered me ..how the heck did Morgan made it back so fast and the others take FOREVER... looks like so far away...sitll could hear the horn just nearby ...

Season Premier of S5 when Rick and Co. wrist were tied and head in a tub. That was the end for them all. But in that sec on Carol comes to save the day. There have been a handful of times that Rick should have died, but he manages to survive (even in the tank season 1).

See you Glen at the end of the Mid Season Finale

Oh, no, who will keep Maggie warm now that Glen is long gone; end of the line; dead as a door nail; stone cold; and dead is dead.

At the very least, Glenn's possible death has brought a lot of the lurkers out of the woodwork to comment. :lol

Glenn is not dead and there are plausible explanations as to how he could get out of the situation he is in. The writers have never left a character's death as ambiguous as they left Glenn's. He will be back.
Exactly! And the horde surrounding him could easily be dispersed by... say.... a car horn.

I can see Glenn pulling himself out and underneath the dumpster. No idea how long he'd have to hide out for that herd to disapate though. Great episode either way. This season really has hit the ground running.

Season Premier of S5 when Rick and Co. wrist were tied and head in a tub. That was the end for them all. But in that sec on Carol comes to save the day. There have been a handful of times that Rick should have died, but he manages to survive (even in the tank season 1).

See you Glen at the end of the Mid Season Finale

Yup, the writer's can make it happen. They've already showed us that.

I have a feeling the producers will let that fade away though. Once we've forgotten all about Glen, they'll bring him back when Rick hears static on his radio and someone at the other end calls him a "dumb@ss!"

My thoughts on the episode. Another excellent one! Abraham's line about "munching on infirm raccoons instead of any of us" was priceless, and Michonne's speech to Heath was awesome. Rick was badass as usual, killing all of those Wolves by himself. My heart was actually pounding the entire time Rick was in the RV. As for Glenn...I don't believe he is dead. I just can't see him going out that way. I'm siding with the argument that Nicholas fell on top of him and shielded him somehow. The camera angle was shot in a way that caused maximum ambiguity, and it was very well done. Three outstanding episodes in a row! I'm loving this season so far!

Back