The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

I don't expect that I'm going to like Lori on the show any more than I did in the comics based on what we saw in the clip for this week. My problem with her isn't that she's sleeping with Shane or that she left Rick at the hospital - I get that..

Whats kinda odd or interesting is that you never see Lori visiting the hospital, yet we see Shane? Poor Rick only got one small bouquet of flowers too. Guess he wasn't that great of a guy :lol

I must say, this show is now high up there with Law and Order SVU (my favorite show) I just love it! Now that episode 3 is up and Frank didn't direct, will it have the same intensity as the first 2? Thats what i'm looking out for.

I'm still betting Rick gives Shane a Fak'n Beat'n in the first 30-35 mins.

I must say, this show is now high up there with Law and Order SVU (my favorite show) I just love it! Now that episode 3 is up and Frank didn't direct, will it have the same intensity as the first 2? Thats what i'm looking out for.

What I now call "that rape show" after god knows how many episodes still rocks :rock

I would be stoked to see a 1/6 Stabler and Benson.

What I now call "that rape show" after god knows how many episodes still rocks :rock

I would be stoked to see a 1/6 Stabler and Benson.

Bro you have no idea how bad i'd love the entire team in 1/6 scale. I have thought about starting a commission but there doesn't seem to be much love for SVU here.

beyond all the obvious delights i mentioned above, the thing that i like most about "the walking dead" is the little human moments of emotion...

- the father in ep1 who could not bring himself to shoot his zombified wife, and then broke down in tears. i found it really poignant.
- rick returning to the bicycle girl zombie and saying "i'm sorry this happened to you" before putting her out of her misery.
- rick stopping himself from chopping up the "guts" zombie, then going thru his wallet to first find out who this person was (his name, his personal details, etc).

to me, it's stuff like that which sets the show apart from the standard schlocky horror fare with characters that are just zombie food. here, you actually care about the characters. the fact that there's been so much debate over the lori/shane/rick issue is proof that the filmmakers have succeeded in giving the characters depth and complexity. their act of "betrayal" is more cutting because we like rick. personally, i didn't like it when lori and shane got together, but i'll keep watching to see what develops before i make up my mind about them...

I agree. Those are really nice touches that I hope stay throughout the show. I was really felling sympathy for some of those zombies.

Bro you have no idea how bad i'd love the entire team in 1/6 scale. I have thought about starting a commission but there doesn't seem to be much love for SVU here.

Well you can count me in, but yea there isn't much SVU buzz around these parts :(

:slap @ the pages and pages of love triangle talk. :gah:

Yes, slap @ some good, intelligent discussion around these boards for once. :slap

Intelligent conversation is great. But It just seems like the same points have been made over and over again, round and round and round...

And much of the speculation will be proven or disproven in the show. And motives will probably be explained to some extant as well.

I think that when we finally see Rick reunited with Lori we'll find out that Shane lied to her about Rick being dead so he could move in on her. I think I saw this after e2 but i did see a scene where
Spoiler Spoiler:

I saw that also.
Spoiler Spoiler:
:devil

There's talk that they're going to make a couple out of the main characters on SVU. Kiss of death IMO.

I'm loving this series, so far. Looking forward to where it goes.

I always feel the word whore gets thrown around a bit much by people these days.

Here you have a woman who for all she knows has lost a husband, is trying to live in a world where most everyone wants to eat her brains, may have possibly been saved, along with her son, by a man that she's known for a long time and probably just looking for a bit of comfort or normalcy. I have no idea what I would be doing in a situation like that. I think calling her a whore is a bit unfair.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Yeah people seriously need to stop calling that slut a "whore". It's mean.

:wave

Intelligent conversation is great. But It just seems like the same points have been made over and over again, round and round and round...

And much of the speculation will be proven or disproven in the show. And motives will probably be explained to some extant as well.

Excellent points, might as well close the thread since any speculation will be proven or disproven in the show. No need for a discussion thread anymore.

:rolleyes:

I think 300 posts discussing the sluttiness of Lori is a bit overkill.

It's getting a bit old, hopefully tomorrow's ep brings us something else to talk about.

Back