The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Didnt know season 1 was released already. got one of the best buy emails saying available now, might head out later to pick it up.

Found this on IGN...

Actress Laurie Holden revealed at C2E2 this weekend that Stephen King could write one of the 13 second-season episodes of AMC’s “The Walking Dead.”

The episode would reunite King with “Dead” showrunner Frank Darabont, who wrote and directed three acclaimed movies based on King’s work – “The Shawshank Redemption,” “The Green Mile” and “The Mist.”

Cast member Jon Bernthal revealed also that Darabont, who wrote and directed the “Dead” pilot, will not direct the second-season premiere, but will likely direct another of the season’s installments.

Season two is expected to start airing on AMC this autumn, likely around Halloween.

Found this on IGN...

Actress Laurie Holden revealed at C2E2 this weekend that Stephen King could write one of the 13 second-season episodes of AMC’s “The Walking Dead.”

The episode would reunite King with “Dead” showrunner Frank Darabont, who wrote and directed three acclaimed movies based on King’s work – “The Shawshank Redemption,” “The Green Mile” and “The Mist.”

Cast member Jon Bernthal revealed also that Darabont, who wrote and directed the “Dead” pilot, will not direct the second-season premiere, but will likely direct another of the season’s installments.

Season two is expected to start airing on AMC this autumn, likely around Halloween.

Niiiiice! Thanks for posting this, Mister Ski! :hi5:

Season 2 it starting to sound really intersting. Im going to watch regardless, but it seems that its going to even better than season 1.

I'm not crazy about the Stephen King idea... I never have been a fan of his writing style or movies based on his books. But like AF, I'm going to be watching regardless so whatever.

....that Stephen King could write one of the 13 second-season episodes of AMC’s “The Walking Dead.”

So, the first 45 mins will be intriguing and the last 15 will suck.:panic::lol

Now I'm waiting for the announcement that M. Night Shamalamadingdong will be writing an episode.

ha ha ha, yeah i mean ive never read any of kings books so I cant say I know much about his writing style, but I think its cool that there allowing other writers to get in on the action...I just hope there good and keep it consistent and dont just go and throw in a bunch of random crap. If thats the case I'll be writing an episode as well :thud:

I'm all for King writing an episode. It makes sense considering the work he and Darabont have done together. Plus I'm a a fan.

I'm all for King writing an episode. It makes sense considering the work he and Darabont have done together. Plus I'm a a fan.

Me too. I've read a lot of King and I like his older stuff best, but he does know how to tell a pretty creepy tale. Besides, King "writing" an episode of WD is going to have strong ties to the comic so he will be fairly restricted in what he can do. Dialog is what he will end up writing for the most part.

Now I'm waiting for the announcement that M. Night Shamalamadingdong will be writing an episode.

:exactly: King cant end a story to save his life.

Though the fact that he will pretty much be stuck to a basic storyline from the start should help.

I think King writing an episode is great. Sure he has had his fair share of crappy endings, but he sure knows how to keep you reading. And since this is a TV show, he really doesn't need an ending. A stopping place sure, but not an ending. So I'm sure it would be fine. Heck, I doubt we could even pick out which episode he writes if we don't see "written by Stephen King" on the episode credits.

i'll go out on a limb here and say suckiest episode ever.:lecture

Back