The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Somebody got overly excited somewhere along the line and there was a chance July would be the new start date.

Second Compendium wont be out for a long time still.
First one is 1-49.
we are on issue 81 or 82. Figure we'll be at 92 by years end if all goes well? So maybe late 2012 at the earliest would be the next compendium.

Do what I did. Buy the compendium, and then the books (book 5 and six). That gets you to 72. Book 7 will be coming out in a few months probably, and that will get you up to 84. At that point, you could start getting the issues, or just wait for the next volumes.

Don't know why people actually thought july was the date. I've always thought it would be october. And i'm fine with that. It feels right, and should only EVER start in october. And then we'll have toys by then too! I'm so excited!

Don't know why people actually thought july was the date.

Because the dude from Breaking Bad mentioned it off-hand in an interview.

Breaking Bad Dude said:
And I believe they're going to put Walking Dead in July as well.
https://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/12/bryan_cranston_on_his_new_web.html

The internet worked it's magic, and in no time at all, Walking Dead became "ZOMGS!!! CONFIRMED FOR JULY!!!! :panic::panic::panic:"

Second Compendium wont be out for a long time still.
First one is 1-49.
we are on issue 81 or 82. Figure we'll be at 92 by years end if all goes well? So maybe late 2012 at the earliest would be the next compendium.

Do what I did. Buy the compendium, and then the books (book 5 and six). That gets you to 72. Book 7 will be coming out in a few months probably, and that will get you up to 84. At that point, you could start getting the issues, or just wait for the next volumes.

Don't know why people actually thought july was the date. I've always thought it would be october. And i'm fine with that. It feels right, and should only EVER start in october. And then we'll have toys by then too! I'm so excited!

I would rather have the series in as few volumes as possible :lecture

I wouldn't call it a confirmation, but I sure do hope it turns out to be true! :hi5:

I would rather have the series in as few volumes as possible :lecture

that is as few as you can get, really.
the omnibus are out of this world price wise because the first one was so rare.

The compendium features the first 49 in one giant chunk. And then the two hardcover "books" get you to almost current, with the next boook coming out rather soon. That is, unless you want to wait till late next year for the next compendium. If you are patient though, which I am not, by all means, just wait for the next compendium! :)

YOU GUYS! It's NOT true. Stop it! You are getting your hopes up for nothing!

Try reading the news websites! :p They have even come out and said NO to july. They wont even start filming till may!

This is why we don't listen to off the cuff remarks actors on other shows make! :D

I'd like it to come back in july, because i'm anxious too. But really, it belongs in october. And that's what.. 3 months later?! We can deal with it!

If I can, i'll get confirmation from the producers that it doesn't come back till October on Tuesday. Maybe then we can all put that behind us and settle in for a looongg summer!

Being a huge fan of the comic series I was a little disapointed with the first season. The first episode was amazing but the storyline with the CDC had me a little frustrated. Big hopes for the second season. I wanna see Michone and her badass sword! Hopefully they get into the governor part of the storyline.

YOU GUYS! It's NOT true. Stop it! You are getting your hopes up for nothing!

Nobody has seriously suggested a July start time since the last time you posted on the subject. No need to keep harping on about it.

Being a huge fan of the comic series I was a little disapointed with the first season. The first episode was amazing but the storyline with the CDC had me a little frustrated. Big hopes for the second season. I wanna see Michone and her badass sword! Hopefully they get into the governor part of the storyline.

Remember, the comic didn't have to tell the story visually. There are things that just wouldn't work in a direct translation to the screen. And there are always ways to improve or expand. Kirkman has said he likes this chance for them to divert off the path, and then return to it. It also keeps the show unpredictable to an extent for comic fans. I know everything that is gonna happen in the comic story, but it was nice to be shown something I wasn't expecting for the show to do. Like characters like Merle and Daryl. Love those guys. And it also gives you more stories to explore, and more of a chance to flush out characters. For instance, Shane in the comics. Shane SUCKED in the comics. And you know exactly what I'm talking about. I'm SO glad they are exploring everything with him, Rick, and Lori more than in the comic. It's a horrible situation, and a really great conflict for the main character. It would have been horrible to have that situation wrap itself up in the first season the way some things are just quickly dealt with in the comic.

I want season 2 to have the gated community and Hershel's farm, and maybe end with the discovery or settling of the prison. But I really would like to save the Governor for a 3rd season. He's a great character, but it's also gonna be SO hard to tell that story line.. and do it right. Plus, I don't want to have that be a cliffhanger! :)

I know it can be frustrating not seeing the comic done 100 percent faithful on screen, but just hang in there and try to keep an open mind. The way I see it, it's just something extra we get. We'll always have the comic! :)

Nobody has seriously suggested a July start time since the last time you posted on the subject. No need to keep harping on about it.

I was joking.
But actually, there are like three or four posts before mine that are people hoping it is true it comes back in july! Just sayin!:monkey3

Back