The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC

Macfarlane used to be top dogs when it came to paint didn't they? Everything I've got from them puts NECA to shame!

I think that was part of it, but somewhere in there he said something like "that wound will clot faster if you pull the arrow out".

That's exactly what he said, and that's what Daryl was talking about when he said Merle was right. He said it as he was binding the wound after he killed the walkers (unless he said "he's right" more than once).

I sooooo had my hopes up for those. Unfortunately, the finished product turned out to be quite pathetic. Doubly so at $18 a pop. :monkey1

I haven't seen the TV series based figures but I have seen the comic ones and they looked bad. All had sloppy paint that made the sloppiest painted NECA figure look like a masterpiece in comparison (and I like NECA). It sucks cause I really wanted to get TV Rick and Daryl.

But this was for the comic book versions. I was hoping the tv series versions would be better. :monkey3

These are the production figures. At the tiny real-life scale I actually thought the Rick and Daryl figures looked okay in-hand but the zombie action features, particularly the walker, really detract from these IMO.

Between the scale, paint apps, funky articulation and stupid action features it's like they are aiming at every demographic and succeeding with none.

DSC_0811-1.jpg

DSC_0812-1.jpg

DSC_0813-1.jpg

DSC_0814-1.jpg

DSC_0815-1.jpg

DSC_0817-1.jpg

DSC_0818-1.jpg

DSC_0819-1.jpg

Back