The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show has really picked up and it's become a full-attention show again this season. If you enjoyed the first several seasons you should enjoy this one.

I didn't think I'd enjoy it but the jump ahead in the timeline really refreshed the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:exactly: Agreed! I am loving this season so far! :rock

I haven't watched it since Rick died/ not died. I got stuck in a waiting room Sunday and saw about 1/2 an ep. I dont even recognize this show anymore lol.

If anything its a entirely new show. The Walking Dead ended last year with a perfect Series Finale!! This season has been entertaining however I am not a huge fan of how much screen time Henry and Lidia are getting. To be honest I am not a fan of Henry. Every time there is a Henry scene it feels like it slows the pace. The Whisperers are OK (I don’t read comics so I don’t know their potential) but I still have a hard time buying that all you need to do is put on a mask and you can walk with the dead. Season’s 1-8 showed (from different camps – Rick’s and Negan’s) that you had to put Walker guts all over you to walk with them. Now its just a mask???

Again I don’t read comics so I had no clue who the Whisperers were so the highlight for me this season was when I thought the Zombies had evolved to talking and becoming smarter!! Later I found out it was people in masked :(

If anything its a entirely new show. The Walking Dead ended last year with a perfect Series Finale!! This season has been entertaining however I am not a huge fan of how much screen time Henry and Lidia are getting. To be honest I am not a fan of Henry. Every time there is a Henry scene it feels like it slows the pace. The Whisperers are OK (I don’t read comics so I don’t know their potential) but I still have a hard time buying that all you need to do is put on a mask and you can walk with the dead. Season’s 1-8 showed (from different camps – Rick’s and Negan’s) that you had to put Walker guts all over you to walk with them. Now its just a mask???

Again I don’t read comics so I had no clue who the Whisperers were so the highlight for me this season was when I thought the Zombies had evolved to talking and becoming smarter!! Later I found out it was people in masked :(

My limited knowledge of the comics is that Henry is filling the role left by Carl, and that the Carl and Lydia 'romance' is fairly important in the comics. Its funny, some seasons seem to very closely mirror the comics, some tend to do more their own thing.

leo-attention.gif

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/03/17/you-need-to-watch-tonights-episode-of-the-walking-dead-even-if-youve-quit-the-show/#285c58e17b34

Interesting, not really liking the direction for awhile and the writing has been abysmal but I ll check it out.

WOW what a episode!! TBH I didn’t care for the Henry character this season but after tonight’s episode I can understand why such a focus and applaud the writers storytelling and possible future storyline with Carol and Alpha? Enid was a huge surprise to see gone!! The list of characters dying from the hands of humans is
Much higher than zombies!

Us watching tonight’s episode......
0C146E57-0BB4-49E0-AEDD-090DE5DC86A1.jpg

Certainly a few surprises there. Did not expect a few of those people to die!

Poor Carol! She will be out for blood after that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well, I've two hours to wait until TV broadcast, but it sounds like they did a "same, but slightly different" of an event from the comics, lol...

Brutal. Halfway through this episode I had the feeling they were going to do a spin on a similar plot line from the comics, but they did a good job
terrifying me into thinking it involved some major, major characters. Still.........when all was said and done, I didn't really realize how much I cared about certain characters....until I did. :crying

I think the build up to Enid’s head was the most impactful as the intensity of the music increased and became louder. From a non comic readers POV the few seconds of screen time Daryl telling Carol not to look took the impact away from Henry’s reveal. But for those comic readers it may have worked out well with a big “WTF” moment!!!

WOW what a episode!! TBH I didn’t care for the Henry character this season but after tonight’s episode I can understand why such a focus and applaud the writers storytelling and possible future storyline with Carol and Alpha? Enid was a huge surprise to see gone!! The list of characters dying from the hands of humans is
Much higher than zombies!

Us watching tonight’s episode......
View attachment 448449

It was a big switch from the characters in the comic books that die in that scene (arguably even bigger main characters), but still, I think it was a good switch. They managed to still make it a surprise that packed a punch, even for the comic book readers.

Most of these names aren't even familiar to me now.

Most of the names were characters that haven't been in much other than this episode and maybe one more. Two Highwaymen, who've been around about two weeks. One old Savior that had about four lines throughout the series, and whose name might never have been mentioned. A redhead I don't recall ever seeing before this episode. A couple of punk teenagers that had most of their lines in the series in this episode (though they might've been in one other a little earlier). Brett Butler was in a half-dozen episodes, but not that important.

The big three were the only ones you were really supposed to recognize and feel. The others aren't even all that familiar to people who've seen every episode.

SnakeDoc

Had to look her up. The redhead was one of Negan's broads. So, she's been around longer than I thought.

SnakeDoc

Back