The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kirkman has said since day one of the comic book that he isn't interested in the "why" or the "how" about zombies. This show isn't about humans living under a constant threat of zombies. It's about human beings and their ability to adapt in order to survive.

Making the show focus on how the plague was started and why would signal an even quicker death. Once those questions are answered, then what?

Then I would in fact end it.

They should by all means finish out the Negan/saviours thing - perhaps that will entail bringing in these Whisperers from the comic but then maybe after that it'd be wise to do as theuzi9mm is suggesting regardless of what the comics are doing.

Are we watching the same show?

I'm watching the same show you are pix.

Shows like MASH, Gunsmoke and other drama shows that lasted for decades wouldn't make it very far these days. It's no wonder why we have so many reality, game and comedy shows now.

MASH is so much better than Walking Dead. Hell, sitcoms like All in the Family or Married with Children which are mostly regulated to a living room couch is more compelling than some of the stuff we've been seeing on TWD.

I think the viewer drop off and even the lack of interest in these threads (people used to post on here as the episodes were playing) speaks volumes.

MASH is so much better than Walking Dead. Hell, sitcoms like All in the Family or Married with Children which are mostly regulated to a living room couch is more compelling than some of the stuff we've been seeing on TWD.

I think the viewer drop off and even the lack of interest in these threads (people used to post on here as the episodes were playing) speaks volumes.

didnt everyone go to that private walking dead group here on sideshow cuz they got tired of the negativity couple of seasons ago?

didnt everyone go to that private walking dead group here on sideshow cuz they got tired of the negativity couple of seasons ago?

Oh that's probably it, didn't even know about that. :lol

If that's the case, I wonder how they feel in there.

Does Rick do anything but look stupid and cry in every other scene. I hate his character. I hope Negan puts Lucille to his dome. We need some more head shots with the bat in this show, pretty disappointing he hasn't used it since the first episode. I was hoping he was gonna pop Rosita in the mid-season finale.

Does Rick do anything but look stupid and cry in every other scene. I hate his character. I hope Negan puts Lucille to his dome. We need some more head shots with the bat in this show, pretty disappointing he hasn't used it since the first episode. I was hoping he was gonna pop Rosita in the mid-season finale.

He whispers his lines too. :lol

yes just watch the first two episodes of S1 TWD and you'll get what I'm saying. Walkers then were a lot more 'interactive'. One actually was seen using a rock to repeatedly smash the glass of the department store door in downtown Atlanta. When Rick and Glenn first meet htye have to climb up a fire escape, and walkers mass at the bottom, but one certainly takes motions to 'climb'. In the first episode, Morgan's wife goes to the front door and tries to open it, manipulating the doorknob. Flash forward to any walker seen in season 6 or 7 and they're just paralyzed dumbasses who don't look like they could manipulate anything.

Yes I know everyone turns eventually when they die no matter how you die you become one. This show has NEVER even hinted as to a 'why' aspect on that front. The writers are too engrossed in coming up with the next 'group' adversary than to come up with a better story arc/unanswered questions this show does present us with.
I was wondering about this different acting of walkers, too. And that would definitely be interesting if the survivors would make a peace and start to continue the research of the virus or whatever it is making them zombies. It was quite lame just decide that "there is no way to change it" and of Eugene to lie about knowing the cure.

The story as well as the world of theirs would be soon over, if the excisting people just keep killing each others and they get babies very rarely. To actually survive, these stupid people should just unite, become friends and start making more people in the world. ;) But well, that didn´t quite work out in the other series, Wayward pines, either? ;)

Getting a bit back to the episode of Maggie in Hilltop; it was very interesting to see they had chosen the "Finlandia" by Sibelius played in the scene where Maggie drove on the car and walkers with the tractor. There is a strong meaning behind it, as the hymn is telling about Finland rising from the Russian repression and heading to the independence. So it very clearly was chosen there to a metaphor of their situation under the overpowering group of Negans and how that was turning point of them starting to rise for a battle. (I think the hymn is well known in the world for ages, but it is always a special thing to see something Finnish in the foreign series or movies. :) It was hilarious when I watched the movie "28 days later" and surprised in the end the men noticing the survivors were Finnish and saying in our language "Would you send a helicopter". That was so unexpected! )

I hope the later part of the season 7 wouldn´t just be battle and violence, but rather something more like clever planning how to get their chance. That would be interesting to watch, as well as get Carol back in the group and in right mood. The show would need more of making the excisting people dear to the watching audience so they would care for their well-being and keep interested. But not in such a slow-mood way as so far...

Now that I think of it, I don't know why that group existed. I just remember a guy with tight pants for Shane being obnoxious until someone (who can't be bothered now) shut that **** down.

:monkey3

I just did some quick research and it looks as if this season has lost nearly seven million viewers since the opener. No episode in seasons four, five or six ever had a viewer count as low as it currently is.

And I thought last season was the worst ever. I mean, the season before that. No, wait. It was season 5. Or, it would be if it weren't for season 4. Because season 3 was the best. Anything is better than season 2. It's nothing compared to season 1, but even that was awful compared to the pilot.

Worst show ever, except for when it needs to be compared to the last season of bitching. Then, it was great.

Back