The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a part of me that wishes Rick was just a manipulative son of a ***** who'd been playing everybody the whole time and didn't actually give a damn. Negan thinks he's got him by the balls and Rick's just like "go ahead, kill 'em all. Hell, you can start with the boy, if you like. Can't shoot for **** since he lost the eye and, truth be told, he's always been kind of a disappointment. Though, if I were you, I'd take Lucille there and brain me right here, because, if not, I'm gonna take that bat, and all of yer boys are gonna hear you squeal while I give you a barbed wire colonoscopy."

Eurgh. This failed to be entertaining - it was was sick and brutal. I've watched TWD since day 1 but this was twisted. The fact this is one of the biggest shows in the world says a lot.

Jeffery should get an Emmy. That's how you play charismatic and memorable evil.
Andrew on the other hand (still attached) should get a pay cut for acting to much like a sniveling little b**** as he's prone too.
(All Glenn had to say was "Martha", all would've been forgiven)
IMG_0706.JPG

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I find it interesting that some are pissed off at the gore in the episode and not just here on other sites also, its like everyone forgot its a horror show, gore is part of the package and it was pretty damn close to the comic panels for Glen . It had to be straight up brutal to satisfy the wait for some and hold up to the comics.

Considering we opened a season with throats getting cut so people could be killed for food, I didn't think it was visually that brutal. It was more the brutal psychology, which had be there to give Rick's group and us the severity of just how beaten into submission they are going to be this season.

Really liked the episode. I avoided the spoilers so it was a nice surprise.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And Negan, even though he is better in the comics so far, is well represented but feel there us something missing aside from the more vulgar language.

It was a good opener, but I wish the killings hadn't been done as flashbacks. To me it took away some of the impact (no pun intended) they would've had if we started the episode where last season ended. Oh, well.

I loved JDM's portrayal of Negan. He's got me interested in the show again.

Not sure if it's just because I kind of lost interest in this show and I just watch it because its on, but I didn't find myself particularly disturbed by the events that took place in this episode. Not sure if that's down to the way the show has been handled or if I am just desensitized to stuff like this on TV. I'm thinking that its the former. I was disgusted for weeks after the Mountain Vs The Viper Fight in GoT. Also, Negan don't half waffle on.

Not sure if it's just because I kind of lost interest in this show and I just watch it because its on, but I didn't find myself particularly disturbed by the events that took place in this episode. Not sure if that's down to the way the show has been handled or if I am just desensitized to stuff like this on TV. I'm thinking that its the former. I was disgusted for weeks after the Mountain Vs The Viper Fight in GoT. Also, Negan don't half waffle on.

Man, you need to tell your heart to 'stop looking at those flowers!'

This premiere was BRUTAL. This episode is what I wanted to see in the show. I hope the season stays to this level of the premiere. Just fantastic and so depressingly overwhelming. We lost two troopers. No safe place. RIP Ricktatorship....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I couldn't take this level for every show! :lol

Jeffery should get an Emmy. That's how you play charismatic and memorable evil.
Andrew on the other hand (still attached) should get a pay cut for acting to much like a sniveling little b**** as he's prone too.
(All Glenn had to say was "Martha", all would've been forgiven)

I thought Andrew played his part wonderfully. He played a broken man. I think anyone would've become "the sniveling *****" under those circumstances.

Back