Action Figure The Walking Dead - McFarlane Toys - 7" Color Tops Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw Abraham at TRU today. Bad, really bad, smooth shiny plastic clothing. For figures that were scanned, these just turned out lifeless looking with ugly and lazy cut joints in the worst of places. It's as if McFarlane hasn't learned a thing since the 90s.

They need to decide to either make plastic statues or full articulation and quit this nonsense.
2016-09-17 00.02.14-1.jpg

Ran into the new color tops Daily at a gamestop in a mall not close to me and picked one up. Best in the line it's perfect. Will take pics tomorrow and a review will be out Tuesday. House sitting at the moment so I was only able to open and leave it on the desk for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Saw Abraham at TRU today. Bad, really bad, smooth shiny plastic clothing. For figures that were scanned, these just turned out lifeless looking with ugly and lazy cut joints in the worst of places. It's as if McFarlane hasn't learned a thing since the 90s.

They need to decide to either make plastic statues or full articulation and quit this nonsense.
View attachment 299796

Did he have the rifle or rocket launcher or both?

Didn't even bother to look. The figure was so cheap and repulsive that my brain shut down.
That is a true story.
That's such a shame. Daryl came out great.

That's such a shame. Daryl came out great.

It's just my opinion, others may like it.
I started collecting McFarlane in the 90s with the Wet works line and all the way up to around 2003. Movie maniacs, spawn etc...
These figures are a step back, they have proved with sports figures (that I have no intrest in) that they can do great paint apps and clothing texture, likeness and all that.
But...these color tops...I was so excited for them and now, what a let down.

NECA is killing it lately, mcfarlane could learn from them.

It's just my opinion, others may like it.
I started collecting McFarlane in the 90s with the Wet works line and all the way up to around 2003. Movie maniacs, spawn etc...
These figures are a step back, they have proved with sports figures (that I have no intrest in) that they can do great paint apps and clothing texture, likeness and all that.
But...these color tops...I was so excited for them and now, what a let down.

NECA is killing it lately, mcfarlane could learn from them.
I agree 100%

Picked up Daryl today and added him to my updated TWD dio. Very nice figure. A bit difficult to put the crossbow in his hands but the end result looks really good.

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

011.JPG

013.JPG

Forgot to post my review of Daryl. I found him at a Gamestop a little far away from me. Really good figure. the best in the line honestly. I have seen Madison and she looked pretty good too.

The Walking Dead - McFarlane Toys - 7" Color Tops Collection

Looks like he may be the best one yet! Detail looks fantastic. Cool to see he comes with the poncho which also appears to be removable!

Edit: Or wait, are there two Carl figures coming? Or does he have an interchangeable head and removable poncho? Link isn't working on mobile.

I'm really conflicted on this line because some of these actually look quite good, better than the 5" figures for the most part, but the lack of articulation really kills it for me. Still haven't pulled the trigger on any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone see the hilarious stop motion video they posted of their Assassin's Creed Aguilar figure? He walks to the edge of a cabinet with zero movement and jumps off.

An exact model of where Todd's thinking is now.

Why did they give Abraham that outfit. IMO it would effect sales. He should have been what we first saw him wearing tank top and army fatigues.

Back