Action Figure The Walking Dead - McFarlane Toys - 7" Color Tops Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics of Ford. Not sure if I am going to get him. He has a lot more articulation but the paint apps on the uniform look flat. Needs more weathering and detailing.

Ford01.jpg

Ford02.jpg

Ford03.jpg

Went back and looked at the Ford prototype and I see the problem with the paint apps. They have left off a lot of details that were on the prototype:

Ford04.jpg

New Carl Grimes:

Carl_01.jpg

From the Comic Book Resources site *** WARNING: Season 6 Spoilers ***

Is there any kid on TV who's tougher than Carl Grimes? He not only survived the zombie apocalypse in its earliest days, but has gone on to keep doing so for six whole seasons on AMC's "The Walking Dead." McFarlane Toys celebrates the character played by Chandler Riggs with this upcoming action figure based on Carl and company's escape from the walker herd flooding Alexandria.

In addition to the first look, McFarlane also provided CBR with a great number of gory details about the 7-inch figure. In addition to the removable sheriff's hat and poncho, the highly articulated toy will also feature both gunshot wound and bandaged heads. And as you can see from the photo below, the figure matches the character's on-screen appearance closely, from the blood-drenched poncho and plaid shirt underneath to Carl's boots!

Carl is the latest addition to McFarlane Toys' Blue Color Tops series of releases. Other figures in the line include characters from "Naruto Shippuden," "Tokyo Ghoul" and "Attack on Titan." The Season 6 Carl Grimes figure comes in easily displayed window box packaging and will retail for around $19.99.

^^^ :lol Yeah, its an older car that should look good with the background that I may put behind the dio. Also, I wanted a convertible and it was difficult to find a diecast car that was close enough in scale for a price that I was willing to pay.

Not digging Jesus either. With the zombie camo poncho removed I hope that Carl can be put into an action pose with some type of firearm so that I can put him in the dio.

A few pics of Ford. Not sure if I am going to get him. He has a lot more articulation but the paint apps on the uniform look flat. Needs more weathering and detailing.

View attachment 285962

Damn that looks like ****. Missing details and the articulation is pointless and just ruins the sculpt.

Not digging Jesus either. With the zombie camo poncho removed I hope that Carl can be put into an action pose with some type of firearm so that I can put him in the dio.

I doubt he'll have any useful poses besides walking. I'll probably get two though - one with the bloody eye and poncho and one with the bandage eye and no poncho.

Damn that looks like ****. Missing details and the articulation is pointless and just ruins the sculpt.

Its like they're reverting back to the series 1 figure problems - pre-posed sculpt with useless articulation added for the sake of adding it. That nearly killed the line from the get-go. Why revert to that? If you're going pre-posed, then stick with classic McFarlane limited/useless articulation. If you want articulation, bring back the 5" line :lol Daryl looks fine, but they've botched Abe. Remove those pointless knee joints and give us back our gold paint!

Got Travis today from BBTS. He turned out really well. His beard stubble is much better than Rick's. His skintone may be a bit on the dark side, but its not bad. Not the most interesting character or pose, but he and Madison will make a nice display for Fear until we get Strand and/or Nick.

I'm shocked we haven't got a Negan WIP yet. I can't imagine he's far behind Carl and Jesus, right? Gotta have Lucille resting on his shoulder, smiling. That seems like a for-sure McFarlane pose to me.

Got Travis today from BBTS. He turned out really well. His beard stubble is much better than Rick's. His skintone may be a bit on the dark side, but its not bad. Not the most interesting character or pose, but he and Madison will make a nice display for Fear until we get Strand and/or Nick.

I'm shocked we haven't got a Negan WIP yet. I can't imagine he's far behind Carl and Jesus, right? Gotta have Lucille resting on his shoulder, smiling. That seems like a for-sure McFarlane pose to me.

We dropped cable so I have not seen FTWD but the Travis figure does look good. I am waiting for season 6 of TWD to drop on Netflix, after which I am sure that I will want a Negan figure as well.

I put Rick and Michonne in their temporary home. I've grown to like them. A few ball joints and I would love them. Can't wait for Daryl and Coral.
IMG_20160902_163511_zpspuwaavpb.jpg

IMG_20160902_163344_zpsezlomo1v.jpg

Back