Action Figure The Walking Dead - McFarlane Toys - 7" Color Tops Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the opposite; I was upset that they went to 5". This wasn't a scale I wanted to venture into and I guess in the long run that saved me some money. I'm intrigued by these new set of figures as long as the color tops don't become some find the chase figure ****.

Same here. These figures are what got me interested in doing a Walking Dead display since most of my other figures are 1/10 scale.

Didn't Todd say this line will have articulation? Looks like a small statue which is disappointing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Didn't Todd say this line will have articulation? Looks like a small statue which is disappointing.

The figures will have some, but limited articulation. The new pics of Michonne show swivel joints at the hips and shoulders. The head will most likely turn as well. I found this pic of Rick looking forward instead of to the side. You will probably be able to get two or three good poses out of each figure.

Attachments

• Rick&Michonne.jpg
    Rick&Michonne.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 126
The figures will have some, but limited articulation. The new pics of Michonne show swivel joints at the hips and shoulders. The head will most likely turn as well. I found this pic of Rick looking forward instead of to the side. You will probably be able to get two or three good poses out of each figure.
From what Todd said multiple times he showed that the new color top line will have 30 points of articulation. I belive in shartinusprime video he stated in the interview that the figures will and on facebook. That would be bull and such a lie to the fans.

I never heard that, it was always very limited like in the old days. I never got the impression these were ever going to be super articulated.

From what Todd said multiple times he showed that the new color top line will have 30 points of articulation. I belive in shartinusprime video he stated in the interview that the figures will and on facebook. That would be bull and such a lie to the fans.

I don't remember reading or hearing anything about 30 point of articulation. I found a quote in the news section on the McFarlane site that says the figures will have an average of 15 points of articulation. At any rate, the articulation is not as important to me personally as the sculpt and details, which both appear like they will be excellent. I am planning to use these figures in a diorama and I actually prefer the more statue like quality for added realism.

Same here. These figures are what got me interested in doing a Walking Dead display since most of my other figures are 1/10 scale.

I bet these will need the one inch high stand or they will fall over. I bet they aren't even true 1/10 or 1/12 scale. Either way, they won't look good with other lines because of those reasons.

Your not use to him ******* us over yet? Of course these have limited articulation. I wouldn't have expected anything more when it comes to Todd.

I don't remember reading or hearing anything about 30 point of articulation. I found a quote in the news section on the McFarlane site that says the figures will have an average of 15 points of articulation. At any rate, the articulation is not as important to me personally as the sculpt and details, which both appear like they will be excellent. I am planning to use these figures in a diorama and I actually prefer the more statue like quality for added realism.

Unless your diorama is going to be three figures that fall over without the stands.... you should have gone with the 5" line. More figures, more zombies, better sculpts, and just as good details as these.

Your dio should look nice though. I think I saw your displays in the recent purchase thread and those looked pretty nice.

I bet these will need the one inch high stand or they will fall over. I bet they aren't even true 1/10 or 1/12 scale. Either way, they won't look good with other lines because of those reasons.

Your not use to him ******* us over yet? Of course these have limited articulation. I wouldn't have expected anything more when it comes to Todd.

Unless your diorama is going to be three figures that fall over without the stands.... you should have gone with the 5" line. More figures, more zombies, better sculpts, and just as good details as these.

Your dio should look nice though. I think I saw your displays in the recent purchase thread and those looked pretty nice.
Not saying I haven't seen it happen but I'm not surprised even though I was hoping for at least what he mentioned. 5 inch line was great and I would of bought a couple of the 7 inch figures if articulated but now that it's basically a statue I'm out. I can buy the bigger figures that are statues for that price. Isn't worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I was going to write a long response to all this but I guess I will just go with

K. :rolleyes2

Not saying I haven't seen it happen but I'm not surprised even though I was hoping for at least what he mentioned. 5 inch line was great and I would of bought a couple of the 7 inch figures if articulated but now that it's basically a statue I'm out. I can buy the bigger figures that are statues for that price. Isn't worth it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The 7" figures are $17.99 and the 10" figures are $29.99 on BBTS. Just saying...

I get why people are super against these. They've been doing these 5 inch figures for a while now and it seems kind of lame to just stop doing them. Although when the walking dead comic figures were announced, the protos were like 7 inches with little articulation. Being long time McFarlane collector this is what I was use to/expected. Then they turned out to be 5 inches with tons of articulation. I remember people getting really annoyed by this, including me but I gave them a shot and I really liked the 5 inch line for the most part. I just wish the line would have originally been in the 7 inche scale instead of the 5. Now by abandoning the 5 inch line, they're pissing off people all over again. I have a large collection of the 5 inch figures but honestly for me, I'm okay with this new line. They seem to more along the lines of the McFarlane figures I grew up collecting. I'm gonna pick up this Rick. I think he looks pretty good. I'm not expecting anything amazing but if does come out cool then cool.

I think these new 7 inch figures are much better. The original 5 inch just had very sloppy work. One eye was either to the side, or the paint was off, etc. These new 7 inch figures will have much better likeness, paint, just an overall better look IMO. We have enough figures with articulation, these pose as nice little statues which represent the show in a nice way. Can't wait for a Negan to pose next to Rick.

Really bummed about the lack of articulation on these. I don't like Daryl or Ricks relaxed pose or Michonnes guard pose at all. At least they could have included additional sets of limbs.

Really bummed about the lack of articulation on these. I don't like Daryl or Ricks relaxed pose or Michonnes guard pose at all. At least they could have included additional sets of limbs.

The articulation will be limited but I am fairly certain that you will be able to make Rick point his pistol, move Daryl's crossbow up into firing position, have Michonne in various ready or cutting stances, etc...

Back