Action Figure The Terminator (1984) 1/1 Lifesize bust COMPLETE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 1 Arnold 1/1 bust remod **NEW PICS PAGE 6**

Yes, you are right about the Gargolyes. They had GARGOYLES written on the temples, but they had that written there at least through the 90's. I bought some new in the early 2000s that had it written.
The first Gargoyles came only in Lunar Grey, Bronze, Vermilion (rose), Blended Amber (yellow), and clear. They all had the same nose and temple pieces, which were textured matte on the nose, and flat black on the temples, with gold emblems, with GARGOYLES in white lettering.
Only later were the mirrored ones available, like silver or blue mirror, and the gold mirrored Gold Standard. They then made silver standard and bronze standard, with each "standard" model having temples and nose emblems plated in that metal. After this, they redesigned the nose bridges and offered the nose bridges and the temples in many colors, like white, yellow, blue, black, red, and magenta, for a few. They came out with more lens colors like Midnight Green, which looks almost like Lunar Grey, but greenish, Blueblocking, Black Ice,and others.
They also came out with Gargoyles 14% smaller and called them 85s and now the regular Gargoyles were called "classics" Pro Tec makes a lot more types of Gargoyles now, but when they first came out, they made only one type, like in The Terminator. I thought it was possibly the most conspicuous product placement in the history of movies when Arnold took the Gargoyles out of the box, then out of the emblem-ed red pouch and finally put them on with a close up on the glasses. Everyone including me saw what kind they were, and I was off to the store. :) I had Bronze, then silver mirror, then clear with black temples, then clear with white temples, then Gold Standard, then clear 85s with white temples and side shields, then Bronze with bronze temples,then Midnight Green, then Caribbean Blue mirror,then silver mirrored Vermilion. I have 7 pairs. I also have a Military version, in Bronze tint, which would make 8. I am a Gargoyles connoisseur, and have worn them just about every day for 27 years.

I have some first gen gargoyles and I believe they are black, I can post a photo if you'd like to take a look

Been a long time since I made one of these. Came out VERY nice with the sweat effects:

IMG_3174.jpgIMG_3179.JPGIMG_3176.jpg

Looks amazing Joe. What's even better about it, is that it will be mine in a few weeks :). Just hope customs keep their Mitts off.

Looks amazing Joe. What's even better about it, is that it will be mine in a few weeks :). Just hope customs keep their Mitts off.

Mate you will love it. I did a full build with mine from Joe. I still think this his is best one to date although I love the look of his stage 5 :)

Not sure if that's a good thing. You may have to pay for licensing now. How's that BD version coming along?

Not sure if that's a good thing. You may have to pay for licensing now. How's that BD version coming along?

Pic was taken last year and Arnold has seen my work in the past before. Geez, no need to be a debbie downer.

Almost done with the Final BD T1.

Just watchin' out for ya.......and myself. Don't want anything to keep me from getting my hands on the BD.:)

Put Arny in my gym . He was freaking me out to much in the living room, j/k .
Unfortunately I haven't had the time to finish building him . It's almost a shame to wreck all his clothing for the battle damaged version . Should buy another bust ?

Attachments

• DSCF0425.jpg
    DSCF0425.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 76
Arnie is suited to that environment!
Is that your house or do you run a gym lol?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I built this gym in my basement. I'm an old man trying to stay in shape lol. I have to say Arnold really suits the gym imo, and he's quite a conversation piece .
Was going to buy that new full size endo bust from SS to put in a case in the other end of the gym to go with the theme .

Back