The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, Doug Jones posted this up on Facebook for those who wanted a better look.

IMG_705139024284138.jpeg

Buddy of mine from grade school and HS was the head FX Supervisor, Steve.....lol. I am so outta touch these days. I almost gave him a hard time about the Master, but figured it would come off too sassy. He does awesome work

If your going to kill someone, don't stand around talking about it, just do it.

:exactly:

Instead of having that "off with his head" moment, they stood there watching him getting baked. :huh Guess they thought that the Sun will take care of him, anyways; we wouldn't get the next season if it was otherwise. Had a lol moment when all of them started walking backwards.

its a series. If they don't talk then there won't be character development. might as well go back to black & white silent screen then. good enough episode for Mr. Green.

its a series. If they don't talk then there won't be character development. might as well go back to black & white silent screen then. good enough episode for Mr. Green.

Well, when they have the person right there, and they can kill him easily, they talk and talk. I know why they do it, but it is rather stupid.

You guys saw the Master throw them around like rag dolls right? Not sure if anyone has ever taken a good fall like that to know the pain it pus you in - it also slows you down physically and mentally a bit. Yeah, the scene was a little forced, but we know what's going on.

You guys saw the Master throw them around like rag dolls right? Not sure if anyone has ever taken a good fall like that to know the pain it pus you in - it also slows you down physically and mentally a bit. Yeah, the scene was a little forced, but we know what's going on.

Setrakian is more than a little familiar with the Master, right? Did he think the Master would just stand there while he took a couple of lazy swipes with his sword and not put up any defense? Next time you fight the king of the vampires, maybe come up with a better plan than watching the ending of Fright Night.

I love what they did with the Master visually. Looks great. Scientifically speaking, exactly what a person with gigantism would look like if infect by a parasitic worm and after having their internal organs replaced with a tentacle.

What I'm curious about is that looking at the Quinlan makeup as well as the masters, they both have the over extended lip. Now in the books, they describe the strigoi as unhinging their jaw to shoot out their stinger. Were they originally supposed to unhinged their jaw but it was dropped and the design remained? Or could we see unhinging jaws in season 2?

Anyone notice what might have looked like their jaws unhingjng?

What I'm curious about is that looking at the Quinlan makeup as well as the masters, they both have the over extended lip. Now in the books, they describe the strigoi as unhinging their jaw to shoot out their stinger. Were they originally supposed to unhinged their jaw but it was dropped and the design remained? Or could we see unhinging jaws in season 2?

Anyone notice what might have looked like their jaws unhingjng?

I'd imagine Steve wang and the creature designers from blade 2 would've had something to say if your theory is correct. It would've been too similar to those vamps.

Man, the finale had really cringe-worthy stuff...

Nora telling Eph he should bring Zach on a suicide mission... and him complying (should've had him and Zach stay and have Kelly show up there). The editing was especially bad in the battle scene... the shaky cam, zoom ins, and quick cuts to make the action seem fast paced even though everyone was really just standing around (except for the vampires who seemed to be dancing). Dutch shooting Eichorst everywhere except for his damn head. The confrontation with the master was badly adapted from the book. Zach breaking the windows almost made me laugh out loud.

It all looked very awkward.

Sigh... that finale could have been so much better.

Bumped from page 17.....can't wait till July 12.

Wish it was on another day other than Sunday. I'm already watching 5 other shows around the same time period. Unless this is on at 8 pm, I'm going to have to find other times the shows are on so I can see them all. Would be nice if this was on Monday or Tuesday.

Back