The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno. A man walking around in one of the most liberal states in our union with a perceived weapon... I see him getting proned out for carrying it. :lol

he got this evil gray mustache and military camouflage cap, no one will dare touch him. he's also old so he can use the Gandalf's parting an old man of his staff excuse.

All the strigoi are supposed to have red glowing eyes like the master but clearly it's just him. I can't remember if Eichorst wore contacts or not. I love the eyes of the master, they glow but it's not like over the top like in some films. It's on the fainter side of glowing. The palms and size don't bother me as again, its on par with someone who suffers from gigantism which is why the master chose Sardu as the host, because of the powerful body he possessed. I hate the ears and lips however. If they had pulled back the ears instead of sticking them out, I could live with that although I'd prefer no ears. Noses are made out of cartiledge and flesh, same goes for ears. It makes sense that if you lose one you'd lose the other. Somehow strigoi can smell without noses. Why can't they hear without ears like originally described. I think the biggest issue though is they designed the master to look almost like a skull. No nose, sunken eyes, bright white complextion on his head but then he's got these gigantic lips. He'll, even the bottom half (not including the next goider thing.they need pull back and thin his lips. I mean everything else looks old and skunken, why not his mouth. Have the lips pulling back exposing his teeth.

Also the most annoying is setrakians cane. It belonged to sardu as his walking Stick but it's tiny and would be useless to him. Why couldn't they give setrakian an actually walking staff instead. Makes more sense.

Also noras mom needs to die. I know I'm supposed to feel sorry for her and I would never wish her condition on even my most hated enemies parents but all she is is a pain in the ass. Just let her choke on a sandwich and no one notices for a few days. Priblem solved.

They haven't even mentioned this sardu guy you speak of, you think they will down the road? Looking at the pic posted, if they were to just change one thing about the masters face, it defn should be the lips. It's just a missed opportunity I guess, they could've done so much better. Oh well.

They haven't even mentioned this sardu guy you speak of, you think they will down the road? Looking at the pic posted, if they were to just change one thing about the masters face, it defn should be the lips. It's just a missed opportunity I guess, they could've done so much better. Oh well.

Yeah, they've mentioned him by name a couple times. Specifically in one encounter with Eichorst and setrakian. It's either in the police station visit or in the subway but Eichorst makes a comment about the cane that belongs to Herr sardu.

The book goes into some detail but not lots over what happened to sardu, at least from the perspective of a child's scary story. I could see them writing in an episode or at least several scenes throughout the second season detailing what happens with Sardu. They pretty much covered all their bases in the books so hopefully they continue with the show. Then again, it's already taken its own creative liberties so time will tell.

As for the cane, let's face it. No one would really bat an eyelash if they saw an old man walking around with an ornate walking stick. All he'd have to say is it helps to support him better than a normal cane. I think the only way they can recover is if we see setrakian add another section to the bottom making it a staff if he goes into battle mode. That or someone makes a remark about the cane being really short compared to the size of the master and setrakian commenting that he had had the cane cut down to his size as it's more efficient and to throw a big eff you to the master.

Yeah, they've mentioned him by name a couple times. Specifically in one encounter with Eichorst and setrakian. It's either in the police station visit or in the subway but Eichorst makes a comment about the cane that belongs to Herr sardu.

The book goes into some detail but not lots over what happened to sardu, at least from the perspective of a child's scary story. I could see them writing in an episode or at least several scenes throughout the second season detailing what happens with Sardu. They pretty much covered all their bases in the books so hopefully they continue with the show. Then again, it's already taken its own creative liberties so time will tell.

As for the cane, let's face it. No one would really bat an eyelash if they saw an old man walking around with an ornate walking stick. All he'd have to say is it helps to support him better than a normal cane. I think the only way they can recover is if we see setrakian add another section to the bottom making it a staff if he goes into battle mode. That or someone makes a remark about the cane being really short compared to the size of the master and setrakian commenting that he had had the cane cut down to his size as it's more efficient and to throw a big eff you to the master.

oh ok, I remember that now

Yeah, I'd love more info or backstory on Joseph Sardu; in reality, its a minor triviality more than anything. Sardu's body is used by the master. He was supposed to be very, very tall. I always loved how the book started off with this, myself

I'm assuming you're talking about............

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes ma'am. She was one character I'm glad they decided to take some liberties on. Actually, most of this episode is different from the book so I suppose I can't complain too much. I've started letting the book go comparison wise and enjoying it for what it is. The master didn't look as terrible as previous episodes either. Might be the angle or the lighting. I still think those ears need to go. As annoying as the lips are, it's the ears that turn him into super goof.

I guess we'll see next season. I could almost see them showing how the master took over sardu in scenes here and there and lead it up to the end of book one.

I just finished watching last night's episode and have to echo scarab's sentiments. Glad crazy mama is gone and as much as I have hated Nora's character so far, I have to give her props for "taking care" of her mama herself rather than let Eph do the deed. That took guts to do and she went up a few notches in my book. I am really liking how different this series is from the books. It makes it much more enjoyable not knowing exactly what to expect. From Gus' situation to the character of Dutch to the killing of Nora's mom and the situation of the old rich dude, it is very different from what I remember in the books. Really liking this series!

Was the strigoi with the long hair, who sucked mama dry, Bolivar? It looked like him. If it is him then I guess we got a vain strigoi wandering around with the long hair wig on. :lol

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Bolivar. I think they also kept the wig on for the audience. No one would have recognized him without it.

Was the strigoi with the long hair, who sucked mama dry, Bolivar? It looked like him. If it is him then I guess we got a vain strigoi wandering around with the long hair wig on. :lol

I too think it was him.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I was hoping something more from him.

Why are people "thinking" it was him? It was obvious it was Bolivar, there's no question about it. In the series recap before the new episode started it covered a Bolivar scene specifically so the audience would remember this character.

Why are people "thinking" it was him? It was obvious it was Bolivar, there's no question about it. In the series recap before the new episode started it covered a Bolivar scene specifically so the audience would remember this character.

Everyone is sure it was him, but if you read the books, you expect a lot more from him rather than just randomly popping up after a long absence. He figures prominently in the books, but has been relegated to minor character status in the tv series. Hell, even Nora's momma has had more screen time than him. Maybe that's part of the reason he offed her. :lol

i liked the last episode. more mr. quinlan at last! the master still looks goofy to me. even my other half, who is a total scaredy cat with anything horror, remarked how silly he looks when she happened to catch his appearance (scene with eldritch palmer).

it feels like the series is getting more solid, finding its legs as it goes on. there is still some stupid characterisation here & there but i can forgive it since it's clear (to me at least) the dumb stuff they do moves the narrative forwards. and unlike "the walking dead" i actually like the kid here. :lol to be fair though, carl has gotten away better in the last season or so.

I think that's the only reason we saw Bolivar in the season finale. We haven't seen him for a while now and they didn't want the audience forgetting he was around. If I remember correctly, even in the books he was more of a background character popping up here and there.

Back