The Strain on FX - starts July 13

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK,I really loved this show and I hate to say it but I was slightly angry with this Finale.Twice they wasted time on Fet and Dutch's emotional goodbye stuff.Then when they finally get to the showdown between the Master and Quinlan it's over in like a minute.Then the Twit becomes the hero.
What was with the lame dufus post narrative..Fet and Dutch meet up 5 years later?WHAT THE FRACK IS THAT?Dutch has a desk Job and Fet is still Rat catcher of NYC.:slap Gus is out in the freakin farm land helping people get back to normal.:lol come on these people saved the world.

No, after Quinlan rips the Masters throat out,the Master transfers himself to the Twit.Eph takes the Twit and sets off the Nuke by smashing the Twit's face into the blow switch.

The Planet knows the truth.Monuments are erected all over the World to Zetrakian,Quin and Eph.Fet,Dutch and Gus are beloved Hero's.Fet and Dutch are Married with children.Dutch is the Gates/Jobs/Zuckerberg of the World.Fet is like a damn' rock star doing stadium appearances in every country.Gus is the Mayor of NYC.

Last edited:
Regarding last night's series finale **some spoiler talk** in case you haven't seen it yet.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show, but I do have mixed feelings about the ending. On one hand, I like that they gave it a definitive ending. I hate when shows end with a really ambiguous ending. Or in some cases, like with Sopranos, for instance, they end without an ending at all. On the other hand, I think my reaction to Zach's part in the ending is pretty in line with many of the rest of you. For the record, I was alright with Eph's part in the end. It seemed appropriate to his character. Over the four season span, Eph seemed to become less selfish and to care more about others, so I was happy to see that his arch ended the way it did. But regardless of his actions at the end, you are not going to convince me that Zach could ever really be redeemed. I guess I can buy into the idea that he still had some amount of compassion for his dad, but I don't think anything he did in one episode could make up for all the bad he had done throughout most of the series.
For the most part, I was okay with how most the of the other characters story archs played out, but I do agree with you marvinmyles about the Dutch and Fet epilogue thing-if Dutch was so upset about Fet and Quinlan's plan, why hadn't they gotten back together after everything ended up playing out the way it did? 5 years later and they just bump into each other by happenstance? It seems that Dutch really did just want what she thought she couldn't have. The rest of the epilogue I was okay with. Overall, I give the writers points for giving us an actual ending but have to take away points for the Zach portion of the ending.

When they showed Zach looking at Quin's sword, I figured he'd either kill Quin, or kill the Master. If they were going to redeem him, that would've been the way of doing it, having HIM kill the Master, then there wouldn't be any need to set off the nuke.

They could've stretched this out another season and just centered mostly on Quin. I would've loved seeing his back story and what he did all those years.

Regarding last night's series finale **some spoiler talk** in case you haven't seen it yet.

Overall, I really enjoyed this show, but I do have mixed feelings about the ending. On one hand, I like that they gave it a definitive ending. I hate when shows end with a really ambiguous ending. Or in some cases, like with Sopranos, for instance, they end without an ending at all. On the other hand, I think my reaction to Zach's part in the ending is pretty in line with many of the rest of you. For the record, I was alright with Eph's part in the end. It seemed appropriate to his character. Over the four season span, Eph seemed to become less selfish and to care more about others, so I was happy to see that his arch ended the way it did. But regardless of his actions at the end, you are not going to convince me that Zach could ever really be redeemed. I guess I can buy into the idea that he still had some amount of compassion for his dad, but I don't think anything he did in one episode could make up for all the bad he had done throughout most of the series.
For the most part, I was okay with how most the of the other characters story archs played out, but I do agree with you marvinmyles about the Dutch and Fet epilogue thing-if Dutch was so upset about Fet and Quinlan's plan, why hadn't they gotten back together after everything ended up playing out the way it did? 5 years later and they just bump into each other by happenstance? It seems that Dutch really did just want what she thought she couldn't have. The rest of the epilogue I was okay with. Overall, I give the writers points for giving us an actual ending but have to take away points for the Zach portion of the ending.

I enjoyed it, was it the best show? No but it had a good run with a decent ending

And the sopranos did have an ending they just didn't spell it out

This show was always a summer "guilty pleasure", fill the gap until fall type of show for me, so I never had huge expectations for it. As someone who had already ready the books, I had a good idea of what I was getting myself into. The books were much better overall and the tv show did follow the books closely for S1. After that they diverged significantly, sometimes for the better..Dutch, killing off Nora and sometimes for the worse...Zach. (Zach was no where near as annoying, despicable in the books.)

All in all, I enjoyed it for what it was worth. It was a decent finale and I walk away satisfied.

All I know is this kid was trigger happy with those instrument of destruction buttons. Glad he didn't live an become President........:lol

I was surprised the little **** blew himself up, he was so self-centered during the whole series but at the end he made the ultimate sacrifice. I wouldnt really say his character was redeemed though but it was nice to see him defy the master and throw his dad some love at the end. He only pressed the button because he realized he ****ed up and that the master wasnt who or what he thought he was and at that point he had nothing left to lose. His dads final sacrafice pushed him over the edge and he finally saw the master for what he really was. It was very darth vader like, wathcing his son luke willingly sacrafice his life opened his eyes to what the emperor was and what he himself had become. I never thought darth vader redeemd himself, how could he after all the horrible things he had done, it was more like a moment of clarity and one final good gesture before leaving this world

I enjoyed it, was it the best show? No but it had a good run with a decent ending

And the sopranos did have an ending they just didn't spell it out

Regarding The Strain, I would actually agree with that. I really enjoyed the show as well, and even though I thought the ending was a mixed bag, I liked it pretty well. It had its faults, but it was a lot better than some shows' series enders.

For the record, The Sopranos was one of my favorite shows. I still enjoy watching the episodes over again. I even enjoyed a lot of the final season, which has caused some arguments between me and one of my friends that felt they spent too much of the first half of season six on Vito's story in New England. That said, I didn't care for the way the last episode ended. I have no problem with other people liking it, it just wasn't my thing.

Regarding The Strain, I would actually agree with that. I really enjoyed the show as well, and even though I thought the ending was a mixed bag, I liked it pretty well. It had its faults, but it was a lot better than some shows' series enders.

For the record, The Sopranos was one of my favorite shows. I still enjoy watching the episodes over again. I even enjoyed a lot of the final season, which has caused some arguments between me and one of my friends that felt they spent too much of the first half of season six on Vito's story in New England. That said, I didn't care for the way the last episode ended. I have no problem with other people liking it, it just wasn't my thing.

Agree on both takes, Vito and the ending. When it ended I hated it, but now that it's beens years I've grown to appreciate it

Back