Media The Silent Hill series discussion thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you would know. Lol jk
i leave those wild fantasies in my mind. but those hentai stuffs can be real nasty. usually i find those collectibles tasteless because they suppose to target impulse buyers.

i leave those wild fantasies in my mind. but those hentai stuffs can be real nasty. usually i find those collectibles tasteless because they suppose to target impulse buyers.
Yea I think some of those are really weird. Especially the ones of little 14 yr old girls

20231229_092158.jpg
20231229_092209.jpg
20231229_092219.jpg

Not a fan of the coloration of the flesh on the right side of the helmet. I think it should be more red. Overall a great statue though. I prefer it to the original Gecco Red Pyramid Thing which I also have in my collection.

I hope the pic helped! He's not truly 1/6 scale. I think the original Red Pyramid Thing statue is a bit larger and more true to scale.
Yeah, thats what I surmised. I had this and the 1/6 Iconiq figure on preorder and I wanted this more, but the scaling issue bothered me. So I hope Iconiq does a James as well, or some 3rd party. But I am glad you are happy with him!

The only ones I played were the original, and Shatteted Memories. Both are fantastic in different ways. Having at least watched all of the games, I prefer Silent Hill when it's about the Masons.

Fun fact, the Nintendo DS game "New International Track and Field" has a ton of unlockable Konami fanservice, with unlockable characters and themed mini games.

Pyramid Head is one of the characters you can unlock, along with more obscure characters like Sparkster, Evil Rose, and the penguin from Parodius.

EjUTKK-UYAEhydn.jpg

It's also a pretty fun game, and worth checking out if you love Konami. Playing it on DSi makes it basically impossible though, due to the larger screen making it harder to rub the screen back and forth quickly. Make sure to play on a DS Lite.

I adore Silent Hill 2. But personally speaking, Silent Hill 1 is still my favorite, and the one significantly more in need of a remake than SH2.

That said, if Silent Hill 2 remake is a big success, I can absolutely see them tackling the original game next. So... fingers crossed.
Yeah, SH 1 set the tone. That moment in the room with all the blue telephones....:oops:

The thing I need to figure out: Do I buy into any Silent Hill remake? I love Konami's games but they have really effed up with their video games in the last few years. First they canceled PT, basically told Hideo Kojima to hit the road and they let their franchises languish. Not sure I want to put money into the pockets of those that make bad calls.

Yeah, SH 1 set the tone. That moment in the room with all the blue telephones....:oops:

The thing I need to figure out: Do I buy into any Silent Hill remake? I love Konami's games but they have really effed up with their video games in the last few years. First they canceled PT, basically told Hideo Kojima to hit the road and they let their franchises languish. Not sure I want to put money into the pockets of those that make bad calls.
I completed SH2 very recently so my opinion probably does not mean much, but I really don't know Blooper can remake SH2. It's one of the last games I would touch for a remake because SH2 feels very much like a product of its time (and not in a bad way). Jank gameplay aside, it feels so perfect that if anything, I would have wanted a remaster with some QoL changes but that's it. Playing that game with retrotink was magical. Also, Yamaoka is a god.

I can tolerate remakes if they fix glaring deficiencies in an old release, but in this case I think the original is still perfectly playable. The gameplay is appropriate, and the graphics hold up

I can tolerate remakes if they fix glaring deficiencies in an old release, but in this case I think the original is still perfectly playable. The gameplay is appropriate, and the graphics hold up
PC with HD upgrade and patches the best.

Good decisions should be rewarded as much as bad decisions punished. If the remake is good, then that’s all the justification I need to support and encourage more endeavors like it.

I felt the same for Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 remakes, but I’m glad they were made and I’m very happy with them.

Good decisions should be rewarded as much as bad decisions punished. If the remake is good, then that’s all the justification I need to support and encourage more endeavors like it.

I felt the same for Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 remakes, but I’m glad they were made and I’m very happy with them.
I partially agree. I would much rather devs focus on interesting new IPs rather than remake old games, but I do not disagree that good remakes should not be made. I would much rather older games be made available to newer audiences to play; decent ports and marketing could help. Preservation of older media seems less and less of a priority by major studios these days which really sucks. As much as I like re-imaginings of older titles, I'm just as much interested in seeing what the original thing was like.

I can't quite place it, but I would not really compare Dead Space and RE4 with SH2, they feel like completely different games, and not just because of genres. Dead Space came out at a time where many genre conventions and norms had already been established, it was fairly easy to see what could be improved upon in a remake; the core experience was great, but it could be better.

Ditto for RE4 - popularised the over-the-shoulder camera and became the game so many 3rd person shooters (and action-adventures) built upon. Also had some pretty bonkers setpieces (some of which were cut from the remake idk why). Again, it was easy to see what all they could improve and add-on to the experience (stuff like ADS, moving while shooting and parry mechanic). Fleshing out Krauser's history with Leon was another thing I greatly appreciated.

SH2 feels like at this weird spot in time where 3D games were still experimental and finding out what works and what doesn't. It's really hard to explain for a youngling like me, but when I compare these games, the tank controls and jank in SH2 feels inextricably tied to the narrative and identity of the game, for better or worse. I'd be happy for Blooper to prove me wrong, but it's something that I feel like no matter what, a remake will be a (subjectively at least) inferior "experience" to the original.

As for RE4 and Dead Space, I think there is a very strong argument for the latter, that it is better than the original (although I kind of liked the atmosphere (especially the audio) in the original). For RE4, I think the remake is great, but the original experience still remains worth playing and imo, better in some ways.

if you dont like the remakes just dont play them, like i did with re3 and 2 remakes. not that i purposely skipped them just dont want to buy the game u wont be playing for some time like my ps4 pro...

if you dont like the remakes just dont play them, like i did with re3 and 2 remakes. not that i purposely skipped them just dont want to buy the game u wont be playing for some time like my ps4 pro...
I think it's more disappointment that the developers can't even make something original or devote their resources to something new.

It seems like the video game industry is going through the same thing that the movie industry realized; probability of success is easier when rehashing and rebooting existing IPs. They won't stop doing it until they start losing money.

With that being said, Capcom has really impressed me with their remakes. They have come a long way and seem to be on a hot streak, Konami on the other hand is a horrible company and I have no confidence in their games anymore. Regardless I am hoping for the best from the SH2 remake.

I think it's more disappointment that the developers can't even make something original or devote their resources to something new.

It seems like the video game industry is going through the same thing that the movie industry realized; probability of success is easier when rehashing and rebooting existing IPs. They won't stop doing it until they start losing money.

With that being said, Capcom has really impressed me with their remakes. They have come a long way and seem to be on a hot streak, Konami on the other hand is a horrible company and I have no confidence in their games anymore. Regardless I am hoping for the best from the SH2 remake.
remasters are easy because of advanced a.i.

i see individual works individually. how did you feel about the silent hill movies? i only watched the 1st resident evil movie and ignored the rest. it may not suit me but it.might suit others, just like how old folks arent happy with new music but theres tons of younger fans of it.

the company probably has its reasons to do stuffs.

Back