Media The Silent Hill series discussion thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I stumbled across a factory sealed, mint condition "The Silent Hill Collection" PS2 game and I'm wondering what to do with it. Any tips / ideas on from y'all forum folk? This thing got any value?

Today I stumbled across a factory sealed, mint condition "The Silent Hill Collection" PS2 game and I'm wondering what to do with it. Any tips / ideas on from y'all forum folk? This thing got any value?

As long as it’s the ps2 one and it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, you could flip it for some decent prices. Seems like 130-150 is the average of completed listings on eBay.

I want a Harry Mason to go with her, as SH1 is my favorite.
As much as I love nearly all the games, SH1 is still my favorite as well. It may not be as refined, but it really left such a powerful impression on me when I first played it, and I related to Harry most out of all the protagonists.

As much as I love nearly all the games, SH1 is still my favorite as well. It may not be as refined, but it really left such a powerful impression on me when I first played it, and I related to Harry most out of all the protagonists.
Agreed, it really worked for me. I only recently played 2 and while hitting me hard after finishing it, I really want to replay 1. But I need to play 3 soon first.

I'm still waiting on someone to announce a 1/6 Heather/Cheryl.
It's pretty weird how no one has considered her. And she would be really easy to make too.
Only Silent Hill 2 exists in the heads of toy companies, if you asked them if they're making anything SH3, they'll probably reply "There's a Silent Hill 3?". How about anything SH1? "What's a Silent Hill 1?"

Only Silent Hill 2 exists in the heads of toy companies, if you asked them if they're making anything SH3, they'll probably reply "There's a Silent Hill 3?". How about anything SH1? "What's a Silent Hill 1?"
Heck, I champion Silent Hill 4 all the time. Nobody's making a Walter Sullivan or Eileen anytime soon.

Looks like it will be a decent game. But a "worse" version of SH2.
I'll defend this one. It's a "combat" trailer, and combat in the original SH2 was... well, it existed...
25535.gif

a6be96f3a1f51bcc5d6a7e0f1112b78979244c24.gifv

SH2 was a masterpiece... but combat was never one of the strengths. The Remake looks like a step up in this regard to my eyes.

I'll defend this one. It's a "combat" trailer, and combat in the original SH2 was... well, it existed...
25535.gif

a6be96f3a1f51bcc5d6a7e0f1112b78979244c24.gifv

SH2 was a masterpiece... but combat was never one of the strengths. The Remake looks like a step up in this regard to my eyes.
I have no doubt combat will be better. Combat is easy to fix and I'm sure that with today's tech, you can make a combat system that feels polished and well-designed, while also being restricting and "hard" - in the best way possible. But as I said, it's still looks like it's going to be a worse version of the game overall. The first trailer of the game didn't fill me with confidence. As you said, a dedicated combat trailer is definitely a weird choice. Could also be Konami marketing just being out of touch with the dev team.

I know a lot of the old SH trailers are also a bit bizarre, but the main distinguishing factor is that this is a remake trailer, not one for a new game. There are expectations attached to that.

If people had a similar type of reaction for a trailer of a new game, then I'd say that would definitely be way too cynical and pessimistic for no reason. But this is SH2 we're talking about. People naturally have much, much higher expectations for a remake, so even something like this is enough to cause many to panic because they just want a remake which is equal to, or surpasses the original game. I mentioned this in another thread, but this was always going to be an uphill battle for ANYONE whoever decided to remake this game.

To be fair, Konami twitter posted a small snippet that seemed to be a more polished version of the game. There is a good chance this trailer is from an older build of the game.
Leaker DuskGolem (who has been very accurate) says the trailer is identical to the build he saw in March 2023. The game should have nearly a year of polish since then.

Back