The scariest thing in any movie ever ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scariest stuff in a movie to me is the choir kids singing like in the Omen movies or Exorcist. Also the "shake", It's when the evil ghost runs up on you and starts shaking really fast in your face. Also the nurses in Silent Hill. They were freakin sick. Also that sick sucking noise and the shuffle that chick was doing in The Ring.

1509169224_0e308a1557.jpg

This thing freaked me out when I was a kid. Its from Trilogy of Terror early 70's.

I watched everything as a child, and the only thing that ever really got under my skin was that damn mutated dog thing from The Fly II.

I swear, it existed, and in taking the trash out to the street those nights, I narrowly escaped with my life.

as a kid, Freddy Krueger got to me bad. I had a furnace in the basement and when i would have to go down there for whatever, i would be almost ^^^^ting myself. Then add the fact that Freddy got into your dreams and as a young kid i was creeped out big time.

I gotta say when I was a kid the Exorcist definetly scared the poop out of me. I also remember getting really freaked out by the original Texas Chainsaw Massacare.

As for being older, I will agree with people Session 9 had me on the edge of my seat so to speak. I'll also throw in The Strangers...while not really scary it had some very tense moments.

2 things i guess scared me as a kid. The first was when i saw the movie Dead calm over at a friends, particularly the scene where sam neil goes over to the guy's boat who has just joined his wife on the other boat to find it full of chopped up bodies and they float all around him as he becomes entagled in them.

The second is this scene

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vZLQW2qr5Hs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vZLQW2qr5Hs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and the scenes where he discovers the videotapes of someone in his room at night

I remember when I was a lad, this is the movie I remember that gave me lots of nightmares

23523.jpg

There has never been another movie to give me nightmares, but Quarantine made me flinch quit a few times. The thing in the end was very freaky.

That thing in mulholland drive behind the diner scared the ^^^^ out of me the first time...sorry if it was already posted. <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/7Pdd9VBSoag&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/7Pdd9VBSoag&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

hahaha. yeah it loses it when you know whats happening. In context its friggin bizzare. I really can't get into david lynch...ever.

Watched sleepaway camp last night. I knew what was coming but still. That is one friggin end of a movie.

I'm not that easy to scare, but over the past decade, the only two things that really freaked me out were that damn little bastard from The Grudge, and the scene in Emily Rose where her boyfriend wakes up to find her contorted on the floor, glaring at him. eeek! :lol

Two moments come to mind. When Buffalo Bill is dancing around tucked in in Silence of the Lambs, and in Alien when Dallas is in the ducts and they lose the signal.

I was young and impressionable when I saw this:

5052nlni6.jpg
One thing that seriously freaked me out as a kid was an episode of the Friday the 13th TV show (I think) where some doll came to life and was telling a little boy or girl to do certain things. Chucky didn't freak me out because he was almost human with his facial expressions, etc. But the doll in this TV show looked completely normal, but doing freaky things somehow scared me.

I would like to add The Ring .............. a buddy of mine invited me over to watch it for the first time. No lights, full surround sound ............ it was the scene where they find the young girl in the closet. I had no clue what was coming and underestimated the power of sound :D Just when her "freaked" head tilted back the "sound" kicked in. That messed me up pretty good and that wasn't more than 7 years ago. :lol

The Grudge was also ^^^^ed on many different occasions too. :horror

The only time I recall jumping during a movie is the ending of Signs when the aliens reflection shows in the TV.

Blair Witch still has one of the best shock endings.

One thing that seriously freaked me out as a kid was an episode of the Friday the 13th TV show (I think) where some doll came to life and was telling a little boy or girl to do certain things. Chucky didn't freak me out because he was almost human with his facial expressions, etc. But the doll in this TV show looked completely normal, but doing freaky things somehow scared me.

Friday the 13th was a great TV show.

Halloween 3-Seaeson of the Witch where the warlock tests his masks out on the family in the control room was pretty freaky.

I grew up on horror movies, and I don't remember any horror movie scaring me (sudden 'jump' scares don't count), but there was a couple of movies that had me ill at ease watching them.

First one was Evil Dead, with the pencil in the ankle scene, and then later the stop-motion decaying sequence, both of those I found a little hard to watch as a kid, particularly the latter oddly enough.

The other one I remember was the crucifix scene from The Exorcist, that was kinda confronting for a kid first time I saw it... :horror

Xtro too, I can't remember the scene that I found messed up, as I haven't seen the film in probably 20 years, but I do remember something in that film blew my fragile little mind back in the day... :lol

Back