The scariest thing in any movie ever ....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet but the original Tale of Two Sisters is one of the scariest movies I've seen. The story doesn't make a lot of sense but there is a moment near the beginning that is incredibly creepy. A girl is sitting in bed and you just see glimpses of a ghost creature coming toward her. She can only see the top of the ghost creature over the end of bed. Really nicely done.

Other great scary scenes?

Seeing "Bob" hiding in the bedroom in Fire Walk With Me.

The homeless man behind the diner in "Mulholland Drive".

And finally, there are the scenes in the recent Spanish film "The Orphanage" that are GREAT. The scene where the medium is trying to find the boy and we see it all through the green night vision camera gave me the chills. The scene is very much an update of the scene with Zelda Rubinstein in Poltergeist but still works INCREDIBLY well.

I am part of the "newer" movie generation. So I would the part in 'Signs' where it's a amateur video of a boys party and then they see the Alien and it walks in front of the alley. That part was sooo freaky.

For me, it's always been that scene in Night of the Living Dead when the girl zombie stabbed her mom with the garden spade. The stabbing sound, the scream, DAMN that scarded the crap out of me. I still have trouble watching it.

Don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet but the original Tale of Two Sisters is one of the scariest movies I've seen. The story doesn't make a lot of sense but there is a moment near the beginning that is incredibly creepy. A girl is sitting in bed and you just see glimpses of a ghost creature coming toward her. She can only see the top of the ghost creature over the end of bed. Really nicely done.

Other great scary scenes?

Seeing "Bob" hiding in the bedroom in Fire Walk With Me.

The homeless man behind the diner in "Mulholland Drive".

And finally, there are the scenes in the recent Spanish film "The Orphanage" that are GREAT. The scene where the medium is trying to find the boy and we see it all through the green night vision camera gave me the chills. The scene is very much an update of the scene with Zelda Rubinstein in Poltergeist but still works INCREDIBLY well.

yeah , great movie tale of two sisters. I picked it up for $6.00 and it really surprised me. Theres still alot of questions I need answering though from that movie , wasn't so sure about a few things.
That scene with the girl at the end of the bed in that tiny room is scary as hell !. :horror

I watched Stephen King's The Mist over the weekend, absolutely amazing! Haven't been that scared in a very long time! The ending is a bit difficult to watch though.

I am part of the "newer" movie generation. So I would the part in 'Signs' where it's a amateur video of a boys party and then they see the Alien and it walks in front of the alley. That part was sooo freaky.

I admit I jumped when the aliens reflection showed up on the tv screen :lol

I watched Stephen King's The Mist over the weekend, absolutely amazing! Haven't been that scared in a very long time! The ending is a bit difficult to watch though.

Ive not seen that but it seems to be another good one from what people have said, might have to get it and see.
Its not like 'The Fog' is it?

Thanks
x :D

lol, MUCH different from the Fog.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, but it made me jump out of my seat when I saw it as a kid...the final scene from Prince of Darkness, when the main character rolls onto his side in bed...

lol, MUCH different from the Fog.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one, but it made me jump out of my seat when I saw it as a kid...the final scene from Prince of Darkness, when the main character rolls onto his side in bed...

Is that the Carpenter movie with all the people in a house and some freaky looking zomvbie types are surrounding the house ? And in the basement there some weird thing ?

Is that the Carpenter movie with all the people in a house and some freaky looking zomvbie types are surrounding the house ? And in the basement there some weird thing ?

That's the one. There are a bunch of science teachers and students studying some satanic liquid in the basement of a church. It gets a little campy when they start discussing quantum physics, but I still really enjoy it!

By the way, the freaky zombies surrounding the church are lead by none other than Alice Cooper.

That's the one. There are a bunch of science teachers and students studying some satanic liquid in the basement of a church. It gets a little campy when they start discussing quantum physics, but I still really enjoy it!

By the way, the freaky zombies surrounding the church are lead by none other than Alice Cooper.

Yes, I remember it, with the liquid tube ...
Nice movie, but not his best.

i loved Prince of Darkness, and flew 10 feet back during that last scene. haven't seen it in a while though, so don't know if it still holds up.

Doesn't really hold up all too well, has a lot of down-time, but I still do enjoy it every once in a while.

246304911_01e2d857201.jpg

Some of the scariest movies recently for me are:

(1) The Eye (original Asian version, not the American remake).
(2) White Noise 2 - much better than WN1.
(3) Shutter (original Asian version, not the American remake).

Scariest moment for me was seeing Linda Blair jamming that cross up her joy trail in the Exorcist. That movie still scares me and I won't watch it if I'm home alone.

Back