"The Purge" . . . 5/31/2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Sucks he gave the filmmaker money to make the movie he wanted too. What a bad, bad man.

Just as long as Michael Bay wasn't like, "Hey, you should end this with some robots and loud explosions", then I'm fine.

Why would he? He's just throwing his name on there, and helping the filmmaker make his flick. He never really throws in much say in his horror films. He gives the directors their space, and will offer assistance if needed.

To me the concept is flawed for multiple obvious reasons.

1. No society would be able to "survive" the aftermath of such an event, especially not a annual "Purge". Even with overcrowding taken into account, our civilization would break down once too many skilled people fell victim to the events of that 12 hour period.

2. Containing reprisals after that period would be impossible. The Violence would continue as people sought revenge for the events of "The Purge".

3. Pandoras Box would be open, so to speak. Those with a violent nature would continue to act on those urges even after the event was over.

1. No society would be able to "survive" the aftermath of such an event, especially not a annual "Purge". Even with overcrowding taken into account, our civilization would break down once too many skilled people fell victim to the events of that 12 hour period.

2. Containing reprisals after that period would be impossible. The Violence would continue as people sought revenge for the events of "The Purge".

3. Pandoras Box would be open, so to speak. Those with a violent nature would continue to act on those urges even after the event was over.

It's alright, Buddy.
It's fiction, not a documentary.

Some people think way too hard about movies. Some movies require a lot of thinking others you just need to learn how to sit back and enjoy them for what they are.

See, I gotta agree with this guy, and it's not overthinking it because all I've seen are the commericals and they explain the plot literally in every commerical with that woman who explains the purge and my immediate thought each time was basically number 2. If you knew or worked with someone who murdered your family I have a hard time believing you'd just accept it because it was on purge day.

I think you're missing the point. It's not a day for criminals to go crazy and have fun. It's a day for normal, law abiding citizens to eliminate criminals and purge society of them. :wave

That's definately not the way it's presented in the commercials, so the entire family including the young girl is a/are criminals?

The best Science Fiction is plausible science fiction.

Exactly, unrealistics fine as long as you can kinda explain it to make sense. Dredd for example was great. This looks retarded. Sorry.

My idea of what to do in The Purge: rob Fort Knox, book passage out of the bat**** ****ing country that allows this **** to go on with my loot, and head for a country with no purge, where I could then go about buying my own island.:lecture

Back