"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deadpool was exactly what it was supposed to be. A comedy that parodied the genre because the character of Deadpool is a parody of the material.

I understand not liking the movie but that basically means not liking Deadpool - the character.

Like Last Action Hero parodying the action genre and The Cabin in The Woods parodying the horror genre, Deadpool roasts the CBM genre brilliantly, playing up all the tropes and formula that are synonymous with superhero movies.

I love Last Action Hero, but I think you're right, I'm just not a fan of that character. I thought the movie turned out fine, especially when you think of the budget it was made on.

Another character I think I'm starting to hate is Spider man. At least Tom Holland's version, the one that drops quip after quip. I know he's like that in the comics but as I get older I just find it annoying. Tobey Spidey I liked a lot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadpool was exactly what it was supposed to be. A comedy that parodied the genre because the character of Deadpool is a parody of the material.
But that doesn't make it good, it's an easy parody with easy jokes, not witty in the slightest, even Avengers has better jokes and that's coming from ME.

I understand not liking the movie but that basically means not liking Deadpool - the character.
This is 100% incorrect. If you think that then you've probably only read Waypool and played the videogame and that's basically all the people who are not Deadpool fans.

Deadpool roasts the CBM genre
Yes.

brilliantly
No.

Your posts are mostly great but you get your lapses from time to time :lol

This is why FOX is currently making the best studio films today. Allowing filmmakers to explore mature content instead of neutering them to appeal to a younger [uninterested] demographic for the sake of greater ticket sales is a massive win for contemporary cinema.

Deadpool, Logan, Alien: Covenant, The Predator...FOX has the ball right now.

I'd still reserve judgement on a statement like that until Covenant is actually released. And lest not forget the initial scuttlebutt about the story line for 'The Predator' is kinda goofy

"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

eb1212a0718ce3b169e443af1b6cde89.jpg

Back