"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freaky psycho-that 70'show-loser-killer bought the film down a few pegs, it was a completely unnecessary plot twist and one that made me cringe. The characters in Predators were less than memorable, especially Lawrence Fishbourne as that bloated scatty weirdo. Only Brody came out on top

Freaky psycho-that 70'show-loser-killer bought the film down a few pegs, it was a completely unnecessary plot twist and one that made me cringe. The characters in Predators were less than memorable, especially Lawrence Fishbourne as that bloated scatty weirdo. Only Brody came out on top

He ruined spiderman 3 as well.... he sucks lol

f4dffcd21e4c6beee33df1bf736da583.jpg

YES!

This is why FOX is currently making the best studio films today. Allowing filmmakers to explore mature content instead of neutering them to appeal to a younger [uninterested] demographic for the sake of greater ticket sales is a massive win for contemporary cinema.

Deadpool, Logan, Alien: Covenant, The Predator...FOX has the ball right now.

Well, that sounds good and all, but I'm gonna wait for more info. I've learned not to trust tweets and directors running their mouths while promoting their flicks, especially this early...

BTW, Fox is on a winning streak, that's true, so hear me out: Reboot the F4 but start with a Doctor Doom solo film that's more like a historical drama mixed with a psychological horror flick, instead of a super-hero movie. It's got the potential to be something great, and since Fox is in an experimental mood, why not?

Well, that sounds good and all, but I'm gonna wait for more info. I've learned not to trust tweets and directors running their mouths while promoting their flicks, especially this early...

BTW, Fox is on a winning streak, that's true, so hear me out: Reboot the F4 but start with a Doctor Doom solo film that's more like a historical drama mixed with a psychological horror flick, instead of a super-hero movie. It's got the potential to be something great, and since Fox is in an experimental mood, why not?
Fox, pls hire this man.

Fox, pls hire this man.

Yes, yes, hire me so that I can sabotage their plans and make cookie-cutter MCU flicks with jokes, Kat Dennings Boobz and formularic plots! Yes! YEEEES!

>Wolverine is gonna be a vegan who abhors violence.
>Magneto is gonna be riling up people on /pol/.
>Xavier is gonna have an exoskeleton and play in the NBA half a movie after getting his spine crushed.
>Mystique is gonna be a Hillary supporter who goes around knocking Trump signs.
>Mojo is gonna be a really fat guy working for FoxNews.
>Nightcralwer is gonna be an edgy atheist memer who praises kek.

It's gonna be glorious!

giphy.gif

Seriously though, considering FOX is taking risks, a DOOM film should come before yet another attempt at a rebooted F4 flick.

Any type of FF reboot via FOX would be met with vicious hate online. Even if they hired someone like Rian Johnson or Denis Villeneuve to direct, the vocal MCU-loving masses would destroy it before it even enters production.

If it was actually good, and an F4 film, everybody would love it. Pick a tone, choose a style, and get on with it. Classic & Nostalgic Byrne, Modern Ultimate or Experimental Hickman. Each one of these would work. But nah, "Ultimate, but like, edgier" apparently was their best effort. Both got Doom wrong from the get go, and neither at least tried to go with the Ultimate origin. Mystical sorcerer with no relation to the accident or Goat Legs, it's gotta be one of the two. Trashbag Doomsie is an insult.

Gotta say though, it's amazing how you can take a wish post and make it about the MCU... Just, relax man. Fan-Pitched CBMs are the reason such boards are fun. Pitch a film, share an idea, something other than "MCU rant, Formula, Praise X, MCU rant".

For anyone who hasn't seen this, this was the first script for "Fant4stic": https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/18/what-was-fantastic-four-like-before-simon-kinberg

Fox is definitely the studio to beat. FF, Deadpool, X-Men: Apoc and three unreleased films definitely outshine existing movies that actually got good reviews and warm audience receptions.

Fox is definitely the studio to beat. FF, Deadpool, X-Men: Apoc and three unreleased films definitely outshine existing movies that actually got good reviews and warm audience receptions.

Considering everyone who attended the premiere of Logan at Berlin is saying its the best CBM since TDK, then yes, FOX is absolutely the studio to beat.

Back