"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only film company that can undo Fox is......Fox.

So many times Fox ****ed itself up, it ****ed itself up with the Alien Franchise. It goes back to Cleopatra in the 60's, over budget and just a mess, Fox cut other films' budgets to complete it. They unearthed a sleeper hit with McTiernan's original Predator film only to follow it up by hiring a director who'd only ever done music videos and then allowing the sensors to cut it to ribbons. P2 wasn't bad and made enough money to justify another sequel, done properly and hiring a decent director, then again if they'd gone with Rodriguez' P3 pirate/gladiator adventure we'd never see another Pred film ever again.

I hope that's true. This is the cbm I'm most looking forward to right now.

Most are saying that Jackman will earn his second Oscar Nomination come January for this and that a Best Picture Nomination isn't out of the question.

Its basically TDK all over again reaction-wise.

Fox is definitely the studio to beat. FF, Deadpool, X-Men: Apoc and three unreleased films definitely outshine existing movies that actually got good reviews and warm audience receptions.

Fox? I guess you can make an argument, but Fantastic Four is a bad example to use a movie that outshines. Deadpool yes, and maybe Apocalypse, but not FF.

Also another note, I clicked on what I thought was a Predator thread. I saw Logan posts. I had to check to see if I clicked on the wrong thread.

Most are saying that Jackman will earn his second Oscar Nomination come January for this and that a Best Picture Nomination isn't out of the question.

Its basically TDK all over again reaction-wise.

I've seen reviews calling it TDK of X-Men films.

Good, that pleases lord Nolan.

Deh-Shay Deh-Shay Bah-Sah-Rah! Deh-Shay Deh-Shay Bah-Sah-Rah! :bow:bow:bow

YcUtkid.jpg

Deadpool is a really bad movie.

Jokes were horrible and the movie had no real humans.

Everything took place in a vacuum.

Only sign of people in that movie were the cgi cars on the highway and a few pedestrians walking in the rain.

That blind black lady attempt at comedy was really bad.

The helicarrier came crashing down and not even one police car showed up lol.

Deadpool is a really bad movie.

Jokes were horrible and the movie had no real humans.

Everything took place in a vacuum.

Only sign of people in that movie were the cgi cars on the highway and a few pedestrians walking in the rain.

That blind black lady attempt at comedy was really bad.

The helicarrier came crashing down and not even one police car showed up lol.

Deadpool had such a cliche generic origin story that they had to tell it out of order just so that people didn't realize how generic it was.... if they told it in order it would have been pretty mediocre, jokes and all.

the bad guy was the most cliche average bad guy there ever was. He might as well be the bad guy in a Kevin Heart/The Rock cop comedy movie....
I think the bad guy in the movie THE MAN was and looked just as cliche as this guy
the most cookie cutter cliche bad guy they could come up with... then the kidnapped girlfriend cliche...this might as well be set in the 90s with how cliche it was.

people love deadpool and I get that, I like deadpool and i think he is funny, his jokes were silly but they worked. the action was nice, and the x Men were cool to see.
the bald girl was funny.

but the plot and the other characters besides deadpool and the ending were terrible. if you take out deadpool and tell it in order this becomes the most cliche movie of all time .

the bad guy from THE MAN.... your typical cliche stereotypical bad guy

man-2005-movie-review-samuel-l-jackson-eugene-levy-luke-goss-guns-drawn-ending.jpg

Colossus and Nega I liked, that's it.

I was never a fan of DP anyways but had the movie been genuinely funny I would've liked it.

But nope, jokes were even worse than from GOTG 1.

Have never cared for Deadpool. Still don't. But I did like his movie. And for some strange reason I want that Lady Deadpool figure.

It was better than SS and BVS....oh and RO and TFA.
For a pleb with no taste in movies, absolutely; BvS that is, the rest I agree.

Edit: Actually no, even TFA and RO are better :lol

Oh speaking of X Men, did you see the revoltech Wolverine? :wave
I did, Is it the MvC 3 version? I was hoping for some trunks.

Last edited:
For a pleb with no taste in movies, absolutely; BvS that is, the rest I agree.

Edit: Actually no, even TFA and RO are better :lol

You're a young pub.

You will see the error of your ways eventually. :wave

I did, Is it the MvC 3 version? I was hoping for some trunks.

I didn't noticed the trunks :gah:

He might have them. :pray:

The MvsC 3 Wolverine doesn't have the classic boots.

nNeR12b.jpg

You're a young pub.

You will see the error of your ways eventually. :wave
I'm an old soul and I have activated my pineal gland, yours is calcified my bro.

I didn't noticed the trunks :gah:

He might have them. :pray:

The MvsC 3 Wolverine doesn't have the classic boots.
Hopefully, but the fact that Deadpool is the modern version and that they're doing Spider-Gwen doesn't give me much hope.

But you're right the modern version doesn't have spikeys on the boots.

People are saying it's a very early design, and it was no photos allowed because designs that early usually change, and that they have various designs and one gets approved, so maybe we'll get the good one.

Naah man it wasn't, it was mediocre to ok, half good humor half bad, great action, terrible story.

But it's ok that it's mediocre because it's deadpool, it fits in a meta way.

This summarizes exactly how I feel about he movie.

Back