"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

Eh...a part of mt gets excited and then I remember the mess they made with Predators. If they keep it simple with likeable characters it might stand a chance, non of this our Predator is better than your Predator BS! Oh and it just needs one badass Pred in it!

I remember reading a graphic novel growing up that featured Dutch's brother as a detective who fell upon the predators showing up in his city. I remember really liking it because it turned into a war between humans and predators in a city setting. I know it would be similar to Predator 2, but I think it could be good if done right.

budget would be too big

Yeah, wouldn't want some giant production that would demand sanitized action in order to get more butts in the seats. Keep it small and brutal.

I imagine having been part of the original, Mr Black will keep the basic designs etc, I hope so anyway, I highly doubt he would opt for CGI Predators, that would be an insane decision as it would flat out end the franchise which has been surviving on decent suit work. I also doubt he will keep the "Super Predator" idea going, we'll probably see a back to basics horror with one Bad ass Predator in a new setting.

I imagine having been part of the original, Mr Black will keep the basic designs etc, I hope so anyway, I highly doubt he would opt for CGI Predators, that would be an insane decision as it would flat out end the franchise which has been surviving on decent suit work. I also doubt he will keep the "Super Predator" idea going, we'll probably see a back to basics horror with one Bad ass Predator in a new setting.

:goodpost: (hope)

I only hope it doesn't take 45 minutes for the predator to fully show up.

That's what pissed me off predators. All that fake suspense bull s --

We have seen a predator creature for 5 freaking movies, by now we should have a pred movie where u see the pred from the first 10 min.

We really don't need that much suspense and secrecy for the first 45 minutes

I only hope it doesn't take 45 minutes for the predator to fully show up.

That's what pissed me off predators. All that fake suspense bull s --

We have seen a predator creature for 5 freaking movies, by now we should have a pred movie where u see the pred from the first 10 min.

We really don't need that much suspense and secrecy for the first 45 minutes

Isn't suspense the reason the original Predator worked so well? It was clever with it also, it showed glimpses to keep things interesting, and even added another layer to it by saving the face reveal. I don't like the modern way of just showing the bad guy right from the start personally. Still, my expectations aren't too demanding for this, I'd just like to see a very cool Winston esq Predator design and some decent acting in an non PG movie and I'll be happy.

I'm fine with building the suspense (and would want it), but don't want that when the predators do in fact arrive, they are taken out almost immediately, as what happened in both Predators and AvP.

I really like how the Indominus Rex was revealed in Jurassic World. Little by little, be fully revealed by the midway point, then it's a runaway game from him before a really good final battle. Perfect formula right there.

Studio's don't create any new characters or franchises anymore do they? Just rehash everything from the 70's, 80's and 90's.. rinse and repeat. I would love to see some new sci fi creatures and movies.

When they made the second film there was a campaign by the censors to cut out virtually all the gore like we see in the first film, that seemed to carry on through the AvP films and Predators too. Who could forget Jesse Ventura getting a hole blown through his chest or Bill Duke getting shot at point blank range with the Preds plasmacaster or Carl Weather's arm getting shot off and still carries on fighting. Similar scenes were shot for P2 but cut out, surely the censors couldn't object after films like Saw 1,2,3,4 etc...

More blood and gore wouldn't have them better movies. Blood helps makes the deaths more real and brutal but what made the kills great in Predator was the way they were executed IMO. Originality and making us care for the characters that die in the new movie will be what makes it work or not.

When they made the second film there was a campaign by the censors to cut out virtually all the gore like we see in the first film, that seemed to carry on through the AvP films and Predators too. Who could forget Jesse Ventura getting a hole blown through his chest or Bill Duke getting shot at point blank range with the Preds plasmacaster or Carl Weather's arm getting shot off and still carries on fighting. Similar scenes were shot for P2 but cut out, surely the censors couldn't object after films like Saw 1,2,3,4 etc...

Your post prompted me to look up Predator 2 trivia on imdb.com. Very interesting stuff (if true.)

Some highlights:

1. Gary Busey's role was written for Schwarzenegger but Arnold thought that part would be stupid for him and declined. :lol

2. Patrick Swayze was offered the role of Harrigan prior to Glover but couldn't participate due to injuries incurred while filming Road House.

3. Predator 2 was the first movie to be given the brand new NC-17 rating prior to 20 cuts to bring the violence level down.

4. The film was set in 1997 and all the actors sweated profusely as a cautionary nod to the impending global warming crisis, but actual 1997 turned out to be a degree colder on average than it was in 1990. :lol

5. Fox offered the directing job to McTiernan again but they couldn't afford him after Die Hard increased his asking price.

6. Fox briefly considered having Arnold return to help Harrigan but by that time he was already committed to T2.

Predator 2 (1990) - Trivia - IMDb

Back