"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

The need to give us a strong story and just one well developed Predator in the movie, none of this multiple Predators are better crap!

I don't know...some things should just be left alone

And some are just waiting for the right people. Hopefully this and the new Star Wars are two such things. I don't expect an Oscar winning movie here, just a back to basics Predator movie with plenty of brutal action, a convincing cast and some real cool creature design. I'd be happy with that.

I was watching Predators again a few weeks back and this movie has no identity. It keep paying homage to the original and forgets it is a movie itself. Kind of like Jurassic World.

"I’m telling you you’re going to get something you don’t expect"

Predator: The successful hunt.

"I’m telling you you’re going to get something you don’t expect"

Predator: The successful hunt.

Yeah, that crossed my mind also, would be nice to see him win for once. I just hope they don't have it fighting CGI dinosaurs to get in on the JP fever ;)

Do you think audiences would go for a Predator movie with them hunting other civilised Aliens instead of Humans. Or having the Predators speak with subtitles?

Yeah, that crossed my mind also, would be nice to see him win for once. I just hope they don't have it fighting CGI dinosaurs to get in on the JP fever ;)

Time to unleash the nerd. In one of the AvP books (Hunter’s Planet I believe) a group of Preds actually took down a T Rex and it was pretty cool.

Instead of them all standing around on pyramids AvP should have stole that to show how long they have been visiting here :lol

But in all seriousness there are only two ideas that have been floating about that really interest me and that’s a Desert warfare setting or a gritty futuristic city. Dredd style.

How good this movie is might depend on how much of a budget the studio provides. AVPR & Predators did feel like low budget productions.

I don't think Predator depends on budget at all, look at the 1st two.

AVP was **** cause everything in it was ****, even with like 3 times the budget of the 1st 2.

It just needs a good story, little CGI and good practical FX.

The good thing about another movie is that cgi could be used to make a great movie as far as the predator gadgets go.
They really need to update the predator gear. And what he can do.

Yautja? What the hell is Yautja?

::does Internet search::

Ohhhhh. Have fun super fans!

latest

Back