"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

I remember being able to watch it perfectly in the theater brightness wise.
I saw it twice, because I liked it so much (since it was so clear)

The trailers had the right brightness too, the correct lighting

They made it super dark for the DVD..... I don't know if fox was ashamed of the effects or what, but they darken the home release ON Purpose...

It wasn't filmed as dark. The trailers were proof

Avp was better made, if it wasn't for the pg 13 rating it would have been a good movie

Again, in the franchise that had two feature films only. There can be no competition, AvPR wins most of it. :lol
Can't we just throw both into the trash can? :^(

Avp was better made, if it wasn't for the pg 13 rating, the horrible Syfy Original-tier acting, paper thin characters, crap designs, dumb ass script, it would have been a good movie

ftfy.

The acting wasn't bad and not all the designs were terrible. Not everything has to be black-and-white. Don't exaggerate.

Can't we just throw both into the trash can? :^(

ftfy.

pffffffff :cuckoo:

AVP had a better plot than Predators. AVP's acting was not that different than the bad acting from some of the actors in P2 or predators.

Nah, the designs of the Predators were indeed terrible, the designs of the Aliens were recycled from Resurrection.

And the acting was, as I said, syfy Original level.

pffffffff :cuckoo:

AVP had a better plot than Predators. AVP's acting was not that different than the bad acting from some of the actors in P2 or predators.
Yeah, some. Even Paxton's overacting was more endearing than the entirety of AvP cast except Weyland.
Yeah the plot's fine, the idea behind the film is alright, it's the retarded script that sucks, now the plot of Predators is indeed worse, but the script is less bad than AvP's, and the acting wasn't cringy in Predators, nothing great, but nothing really bad.

Celtic is pretty iconic. one of the best mask designs.

The mask is alright, so is Berseker's.

I don't mind Wolf's mask either, although it's very derivative.

None of them hold a candle to the lost tribe masks though.

Nah, the designs of the Predators were indeed terrible, the designs of the Aliens were recycled from Resurrection.

And the acting was, as I said, syfy Original level.
The predator facial design and body sizes were awful, but the armor, bio-masks and skin colors/patterns certainly weren't. They've got some really beautiful and intricate armor, and Celtic's bio-mask is a huge fan-favorite.

The aliens, though nowhere near the quality of Giger's original, weren't just rehashes of the Resurrection designs. They had a nice, sleek black color - no more cockroach brown - and the chicken legs were gone.

Again, the acting isn't "syfy original level". Just because the movie was a disappointment doesn't mean every last thing about it was bad.

Alexa, Sebastian, Weyland, the Scottish guy and Maxwell Stafford all did a their job. They weren't going to be winning any awards and there wasn't anything special about their performances, but to compare them to Sharknado/Sharktopus-level acting is just silly and disrespectful.

Yeah, some. Even Paxton's overacting was more endearing than the entirety of AvP cast except Weyland.
Yeah the plot's fine, the idea behind the film is alright, it's the retarded script that sucks, now the plot of Predators is indeed worse, but the script is less bad than AvP's, and the acting wasn't cringy in Predators, nothing great, but nothing really bad.

the lack of gore makes you hate it lol
if it had a lot of gore you would love it too, dont lie

The predator facial design and body sizes were awful, but the armor, bio-masks and skin colors/patterns certainly weren't. They've got some really beautiful and intricate armor, and Celtic's bio-mask is a huge fan-favorite.
I can agree with this, hell, I'll even give a pass to the armor, it's got a nice Mayan look going on, but I find the color palette a little dull.

The aliens, though nowhere near the quality of Giger's original, weren't just rehashes of the Resurrection designs. They had a nice, sleek black color - no more cockroach brown - and the chicken legs were gone.
The roach color worked cause they were hybrids though, which makes the AvP aliens even more retarded.

Again, the acting isn't "syfy original level". Just because the movie was a disappointment doesn't mean every last thing about it was bad.
It doesn't, but the acting is very much syfy original level.

I don't blame it on the actors, I blame it on the director, that kind of ****** acting also plagues the RE movies.

Yeah, and the few scenes that actually had "gore" were great. Like that guy that Celtic pushed down the ice hole getting his face slashed by Scar, or the lackeys above ground getting impaled with spears, etc.

Naah, actually it was fine, the action has some good moments, I can also admit that.

AvPR has tons of gore and it's even worse than the 1st one.

I just wanted a better script and better characters, that's all, Predators may be in the same bag as AVP, but its characters are far better and far more memorable than the ones in AVP movies.

The roach color worked cause they were hybrids though, which makes the AvP aliens even more retarded.
What's the definition of a hybrid? 50/50? Because they weren't 50/50. But I agree, I've always explained the color and fleshiness of the Resurrection aliens as being due to their human-contaminated DNA, whether that was intended or not. In general though they don't look anymore human, actually they look less human and more generic monster than Giger's original, so I'd say the point of the AvP aliens' design being "retarded" because they had the base design of the AR aliens, which are supposed to look more human, but actually don't, is moot.

Back