"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

I don't think Predator depends on budget at all, look at the 1st two.

AVP was **** cause everything in it was ****, even with like 3 times the budget of the 1st 2.

It just needs a good story, little CGI and good practical FX.

Good Predator practical fx have been missing since Predator 2. Wolf was almost there but Classic in Predators had terrible fx.

Getting the mouth and mandibles to close properly again would be a start.

If this movie has CGI Predators Im gonna be PISSED!!

That would kill the series for good. One of the main reasons the Alien and Predator franchises have done as well as they have, and lived in peoples hearts as long as they have, is the excellent creature design and the physical suits.

those alleged super predaturds design sux.
i hope those shats wont maket it back to the big screen.

those alleged super predaturds design sux.
i hope those shats wont maket it back to the big screen.

Yup - bring in Narin baby!

We should start a "gofundme" campaign to hook up Shane & Narin for lunch - we know how good the new designs would be then :)

bring in Narin baby!
giphy.gif

Writer Fred Dekker has completed and turned in the Predator sequel script
Last summer, it was announced that director Shane Black (Iron Man 3, Lethal Weapon) and his The Monster Squad co-writer Fred Dekker were working on an “inventive sequel” to 20th Century Fox’s Predator. Now, Dekker has revealed on his Facebook (via AVPGalaxy.net) that the script for the film has been completed and turned in.

Details on the film are currently under wraps but producer John Davis previously told Collider: “The writing is so fresh, the perspective is so fresh. I’m telling you you’re going to get something you don’t expect and you’re going to say, ‘This is the most entertaining way to reinvent a franchise.’”

The original Predator was directed by John McTiernan and starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as the leader of a United States special forces team that comes under attack from an alien entity that prizes the thrill of the hunt above all else. It was followed by a direct sequel, Predator 2, in 1990 before crossing over with Fox’s Alien franchise for two additional sequels, Alien vs. Predator and AvP: Requiem. In 2010, Nimrod Antal helmed a reboot with a new feature, Predators.

Black is no stranger to the Predator franchise either, having starred in the original film as Hawkins after having been brought on to help rework the 1987 film. He will direct the film from Dekker’s script, the story for which the pair created together. No release date has been set for the movie.

Predator Sequel Script Completed - SuperHeroHype

As long as it's not a rehash of the same formula used in all the Predator films so far, I'm in.

I remember reading a graphic novel growing up that featured Dutch's brother as a detective who fell upon the predators showing up in his city. I remember really liking it because it turned into a war between humans and predators in a city setting. I know it would be similar to Predator 2, but I think it could be good if done right.

Stick with the classic designs and we're good. I hated the designers of Predators trying to make the new clan "iPods" while the old tribe were "cassette tapes". The look like cartoon iguanas!

It'll be another "tribes and clans" crapfest anyway so who cares.
Original Predators weren't space savages.

Stick with the classic designs and we're good. I hated the designers of Predators trying to make the new clan "iPods" while the old tribe were "cassette tapes". The look like cartoon iguanas!

Original Predator Lives Matter.

Back