The PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The all new PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

Ecko, what is the Pred skull sitting on? Oh, and where did you get that tree in the Wolf + P1 pic?

Ecko, what is the Pred skull sitting on?
looks like the Palantir pedestal thing that came with the Toy Biz LOTR Saruman figure.

edit - found a pic.
5002040308_21d1685675.jpg

looks like the Palantir pedestal thing that came with the Toy Biz LOTR Saruman figure.
Thanks.
I think I'll get one of these and put Human skulls on each of the spikes, with the Pred skull on top (if I can ever get a Falconer figure..).

falconer just came out, it can't be that hard to get.

It's not that I can't find him, it's that I can't afford him. :lol

ah, that makes more sense. i was starting to wonder if it was another exclusive or something.

Just who do we go asking about to make the awesome Stalker mask in 1/6 ?. I would kill to get it made for my P1. I am seriously hopping someone makes and mass sells them, even if its a sculptor on these boards. ( I can never find a custom mask thread though)

I have some cheap crappy knock-off P1 mask and even as a bad working with his hands guy, I am tempted to try something. Its like Steve Wang pulled the idea and imagery of the mask out of my head.

Ecko, what is the Pred skull sitting on? Oh, and where did you get that tree in the Wolf + P1 pic?

Prefused got it right , it is thet LOTR thing that its on . I got the tree at PetSmart in the reptile dept. :wave

edit - found a pic.
5002040308_21d1685675.jpg

Yes it is that , a while back i bought a big bin of old figures off my cousin , that i was using for customs , i threw almost all of it away but i saved that piece and now i used it for that :yess:

LOVE the falconer with not helmet![/QUOTE]

Thanks man :wave

Thanks.
I think I'll get one of these and put Human skulls on each of the spikes, with the Pred skull on top (if I can ever get a Falconer figure..).

I thought about doing that , great idea , i think it would look badass :hi5:

I still maintain to this day that Predator 2 is a great film. Could some ideas and concepts introduced in the film have been executed better? Sure, but I still love the film we got. The concrete jungle scenario is awesome, the "gang war" turmoil back-drop is great, and the plot points of the a secret government agency tracking down the Pred throghout history and trying to capture one, but failing everytime is great.

Plus, it introduced so many awesome weapons, and the concept of the Predator Clans/Clan ships. And yet again, Kevin Peter Hall delivers a stellar performance, and this City Hunter acts and moves and feels different than the Jungle Hunter.

Whereas the Jungle hunter was much more deliberate and cunning, stalking and picking off targets from afar and outflanking and out-thinking his prey, the City Hunter is more agressive in his hunting, throwing himself into the thick of the action, slaughtering with his spear and disk, getting up close to most of his prey. Where Anytimes fatal flaw was his arrogance and cockyness, the City Hunter's flaw is his tenaciousness, his getting right and up-close into the action against high numbers of oppopnents, and not retreating until it was too late was his downfall.

And then the Elder... man, the mannerisims with the hands, his swagger. Just by watching this creature your head fills with his history of hunts and conquests, his personality and character. You know in seconds of on-screen time that this is one bad mofo, and it is awesome.

I still maintain to this day that Predator 2 is a great film. Could some ideas and concepts introduced in the film have been executed better? Sure, but I still love the film we got. The concrete jungle scenario is awesome, the "gang war" turmoil back-drop is great, and the plot points of the a secret government agency tracking down the Pred throghout history and trying to capture one, but failing everytime is great.

Plus, it introduced so many awesome weapons, and the concept of the Predator Clans/Clan ships. And yet again, Kevin Peter Hall delivers a stellar performance, and this City Hunter acts and moves and feels different than the Jungle Hunter.

Whereas the Jungle hunter was much more deliberate and cunning, stalking and picking off targets from afar and outflanking and out-thinking his prey, the City Hunter is more agressive in his hunting, throwing himself into the thick of the action, slaughtering with his spear and disk, getting up close to most of his prey. Where Anytimes fatal flaw was his arrogance and cockyness, the City Hunter's flaw is his tenaciousness, his getting right and up-close into the action against high numbers of oppopnents, and not retreating until it was too late was his downfall.

And then the Elder... man, the mannerisims with the hands, his swagger. Just by watching this creature your head fills with his history of hunts and conquests, his personality and character. You know in seconds of on-screen time that this is one bad mofo, and it is awesome.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: P2 is like a veggie burger. It looks great at first glance, but lift up the bun and you're like...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0"]YouTube - Where's the Beef[/ame]​

Ecko, whatever happened to that Pred that was peeping out of the bush? :naughty

It was my painted up Falconer modded head :lol I reworked it and thats what you see on my Falconer now , i also have an extra Beserker head on a stick in the bush now :naughty:drool

Well said.:clap

Back