The PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The all new PREDATOR Appreciation Thread

Great articel Greygoose, thanks for posting it.

The Last Emperor - a great movie in it's own right, but no Predator.

Never seen that film, but I'm guessing I should have.

Great articel Greygoose, thanks for posting it.

Thanks bud.

You can imagine my excitement in the supermarket whilst flicking through the magazine and seeing a Predator article.:eek
Grabbed the article from their site though. It was easier than scanning A4 pages.

that Sonny Landham bodyguard story still cracks me up.

20050711_0007.jpg

f71b7e64.jpg

fc898a4c.jpg

ah, the old garage kits. back in the day, that was pretty much the only way to get decent Predator collectibles.

I reckon I appriciate the predator more today becasue when i was eight I got my neighbour to rent out Predator on..wait for thissss...yes VHS because we hadnt got a VHS player,poor times ha. anyway she got it for me and at eight years of age I was left scared for life by the first time I heard and seen the heat sig and seen them mandibles haha He gave me nightmares for weeks and now look 24 years on he is still haunting my wallet haha, got to love it.

I reckon I appriciate the predator more today becasue when i was eight I got my neighbour to rent out Predator on..wait for thissss...yes VHS because we hadnt got a VHS player,poor times ha. anyway she got it for me and at eight years of age I was left scared for life by the first time I heard and seen the heat sig and seen them mandibles haha He gave me nightmares for weeks and now look 24 years on he is still haunting my wallet haha, got to love it.

I saw Predator for the first time on TV with my Dad at the age of 7/8. It was always shown on TV and we recorded it onto VHS so I watched it alot growing up. I remember trying to buy the dvd at the age of 16 and being refused because they asked me for I.D as I said I was 18.:lol It's something I've taken from my childhood into my adult life.:D

I don't get it? :dunno

lol, me neither

very, very first time I saw this, I was probably... 5? I don't know, I know i was staying at my grandma's house she got this movie, Only reason she got it is because it had Arnold lol! :rotfl
without knowing, my grandma, my aunts and me started watching it, the movie scared the crap out of me, at first since you couldn't see him i thought it was a ghost or something lol!
then when you see him i was like :horror
finally, the reveal of his face, yeah It totally stayed with my mind,
i was to small to understand everything, but, yeah, that movie stayed in my mind,

I was 11 years old when Predator came out in theatres and I had to wait until it made its HBO debut to see it. I saw it with my dad and was blown away and I thought Dutch was the coolest guy on Earth when he walked across the beach smoking that cigar with the awesome musical score playing in the background. Ahhh, the memories...:)

lol, me neither

very, very first time I saw this, I was probably... 5? I don't know, I know i was staying at my grandma's house she got this movie, Only reason she got it is because it had Arnold lol! :rotfl
without knowing, my grandma, my aunts and me started watching it, the movie scared the crap out of me, at first since you couldn't see him i thought it was a ghost or something lol!
then when you see him i was like :horror
finally, the reveal of his face, yeah It totally stayed with my mind,
i was to small to understand everything, but, yeah, that movie stayed in my mind,

Your grandma is cool.:cool:

I was 11 years old when Predator came out in theatres and I had to wait until it made its HBO debut to see it. I saw it with my dad and was blown away and I thought Dutch was the coolest guy on Earth when he walked across the beach smoking that cigar with the awesome musical score playing in the background. Ahhh, the memories...:)

Sounds like most people have the same experiences. :hi5: :)

around this era was fantasic i just thought that Arnold was just incredible, with commando,the running man, terminator and predator the was just insane to watch for a 7 year old. Im actually surprised now that I was let watch such an actor haha. Now theres a thought hot toys making the running man figures, sub zero,buzzsaw,fireball and of course captain freedom haha ahh the memories are flooding back :)

Back