The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

Casting is an interesting challenge, and I think PJ does a great job in the end. I remember when Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman were in talks to play Faramir and Eowyn in Lord of the Rings. I would have just been watching Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman the whole time! Some of the unfamiliar actors in the trilogy really just became their characters in my mind as I watched them, in a way that Sean Connery as Gandalf would never have been able to do.

It's not in the book. As far as what I think the line means is that Bilbo won't be the same hobbit when he gets back. He's not either when you see how he is at the start/finish.

You mean at the beginning he's Martin Freeman and at the end he's Ian Holm? :stick

^^^:lol

Also, they added a member to the White Council:

mini-sar.jpg

Anybody know if the teaser poster is available for purchase anywhere?

Not sure. I haven't seen it yet but I haven't looked super hard yet.

I wanna get one of the real double sided ones that they put in the marquees.

Not in the book, hopefully not in the movie.

PJ's previous movies are pretty accurate in term of following the book, so yeah i dont think they will be in the movie if not in the book. I never read the hobbit, but my coworkers told me it's actually much more exciting than lotr with tons of action. So i am pretty hyped up about the movie!

PJ's previous movies are pretty accurate in term of following the book, so yeah i dont think they will be in the movie if not in the book. I never read the hobbit, but my coworkers told me it's actually much more exciting than lotr with tons of action. So i am pretty hyped up about the movie!

Do the wraiths factor into the siege at Dol Goldur at all? Because we know that will be in the movie even though it is not in The Hobbit.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I was under the impression that the ringwraiths began getting Barad-dur ready for Sauron's return, and his stalling in Mirkwood was just a faint to put off the White Council from taking more aggressive action against him.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were not at least a couple of minutes reference to the ringwraiths in the new film and so there should be if the full story is to be told.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me either.

Back